Sons Of Anarchy creator Kurt Sutter has signed his first overall deal: a three-year pact with FX Prods and 20th Century Fox TV, whose division Fox21 co-produces SOA with FX Prods. The deal will keep Sutter at the helm of FX’s flagship drama series and allow him to develop for both cable and broadcast. With him on board, FX has added a year to the show’s recent fifth-season pickup, bringing the series to 6 seasons. With Sutter locked in for three years, the expectation is that SOA will go to at least 7 seasons. The pact also includes a script commitment for Sutter at FX. News of the deal broke the way Sutter always does it, on Twitter. “Closed my deal for 3 more years on SOA. no headlines, no pushed schedule… thank you FX and 20th for your generosity,” he wrote on Sunday. He almost got his “no headlines” wish, with the tweet going unnoticed for days until finally spotted by reporters.
'Sons Of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Inks Overall Deal, Show Renewed For 6th Season
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- Imagine Entertainment Takes Controlling Interest In Comedy Series Producer Jax Media
- California’s IMDb Age Law Violates First Amendment, Federal Court Rules; SAG-AFTRA “Extremely Disappointed”…
- Donald Trump Signs Memorandum Directing AG Jeff Sessions To “Propose Regulations” Banning Bump Stocks
- Netflix's Sabrina The Teenage Witch Series Casts Miranda Otto As Aunt Zelda
- Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives…
- Disney Channel’s ‘Zombies’ Premiere Beats Friday Olympics In Kid Demos