Sons Of Anarchy creator Kurt Sutter has signed his first overall deal: a three-year pact with FX Prods and 20th Century Fox TV, whose division Fox21 co-produces SOA with FX Prods. The deal will keep Sutter at the helm of FX’s flagship drama series and allow him to develop for both cable and broadcast. With him on board, FX has added a year to the show’s recent fifth-season pickup, bringing the series to 6 seasons. With Sutter locked in for three years, the expectation is that SOA will go to at least 7 seasons. The pact also includes a script commitment for Sutter at FX. News of the deal broke the way Sutter always does it, on Twitter. “Closed my deal for 3 more years on SOA. no headlines, no pushed schedule… thank you FX and 20th for your generosity,” he wrote on Sunday. He almost got his “no headlines” wish, with the tweet going unnoticed for days until finally spotted by reporters.
'Sons Of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Inks Overall Deal, Show Renewed For 6th Season
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest TV News
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…
- Fergie Apologizes For NBA All-Star Game National Anthem That “Didn’t Strike The Intended Tone”
- Donald Trump Will Attend This Year’s Gridiron Dinner; Still A “Maybe” On White House Correspondents…
- David Parfitt Accuses Harvey Weinstein Of Assaulting Him On ‘My Week With Marilyn’
- NBA All-Star Game Scores In Ratings For TNT & TBS
- Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed