Sons Of Anarchy creator Kurt Sutter has signed his first overall deal: a three-year pact with FX Prods and 20th Century Fox TV, whose division Fox21 co-produces SOA with FX Prods. The deal will keep Sutter at the helm of FX’s flagship drama series and allow him to develop for both cable and broadcast. With him on board, FX has added a year to the show’s recent fifth-season pickup, bringing the series to 6 seasons. With Sutter locked in for three years, the expectation is that SOA will go to at least 7 seasons. The pact also includes a script commitment for Sutter at FX. News of the deal broke the way Sutter always does it, on Twitter. “Closed my deal for 3 more years on SOA. no headlines, no pushed schedule… thank you FX and 20th for your generosity,” he wrote on Sunday. He almost got his “no headlines” wish, with the tweet going unnoticed for days until finally spotted by reporters.
'Sons Of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Inks Overall Deal, Show Renewed For 6th Season
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Good Place's Jameela Jamil Blames Porn And Music Videos For Consent Issues Following Aziz Ansari Allegations
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Aziz Ansari Allegations Open New Chapter in #MeToo Movement, Ansari Responds "I Took Her Words to Heart"
‘70s Screen Icon Pam Grier Speaks On Sex Harassment & Her Biopic With Jay Pharoah Playing Richard Pryor
Sundance Names Jada Pinkett Smith, Octavia Spencer & Chaz Ebert To Jury; Jason Mantzoukas To Host Awards Show
Arnold Schwarzenegger "Shocked" About Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Allegations, Calls Her "So Courageous"
Latest TV News
- Rebecca Eaton Explains How To Get BBC To Tackle Quintessentially American ‘Little Women’ – TCA
- ‘The Shannara Chronicles’ Canceled After Two Seasons
- ‘The Assassination Of Gianni Versace’ Review: Tangled Tale Falls Out Of Fashion
- Media Content Wars Will Require Both Scale And Reach; “A Brand Only Gets You So Far” — NATPE
- Ken Kwapis To Produce & Direct Series Adaptation Of ‘Every Second Counts’ Based On Book
- Ruth Wilson To Play Her Grandmother In Masterpiece’s ‘Mrs Wilson’ For PBS, BBC