Shari Kaufman is joining Showtime as VP Talent Relations and Special Events. Additionally, network veteran Kate Meyer has been promoted to VP, Awards and Film Festivals. Both will report to Showtime’s EVP corporate communications Trisha Cardoso, who is making one of her first major personnel moves since taking the network’s top PR job in September. With the hire of Kaufman, Showtime is consolidating talent relations and special events. As part of the restructuring, longtime director of talent relations Dianne Hatlestadt has left the company. In her new role, Kaufman will oversee all talent-related activities and special events for Showtime original programming, and will handle the network’s relationships with talent, producers and executives. Kaufman most recently founded and managed the boutique agency SKPR, where she represented TV clients, musical artists, and non-profit organizations and produced special events. Her clients included CBS Television Distribution’s Entertainment Tonight and The Insider, where she was responsible for day-to-day talent relations, publicity and events, including the annual Entertainment Tonight Emmy party. Meyer will continue to work closely with Cardoso on all strategy for the network’s award and film festival initiatives. Showtime is coming off a great showing at the Golden Globes, winning 3 awards, including a first ever drama series win for Homeland.
Showtime Makes Two Appointments, Restructures Corporate Communications
What's Hot on Deadline
Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: "It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done"
Latest TV News
- ‘The Originals’ Season Finale Ratings Even With 2016, ‘WWYD?’ Returns Steady
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Pledges Contribution To Activist Labeled “Anti-Muslim Extremist”
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘The Exorcist’: Jason Ensler Joins Fox Drama Series As Executive Producer
- Stephen Colbert Announces Possible White House Run In 2020, On Russian TV
- Steven Williams Joins ‘The Chi’; Alejandro Edda In ‘Cocaine Godmother’