Shari Kaufman is joining Showtime as VP Talent Relations and Special Events. Additionally, network veteran Kate Meyer has been promoted to VP, Awards and Film Festivals. Both will report to Showtime’s EVP corporate communications Trisha Cardoso, who is making one of her first major personnel moves since taking the network’s top PR job in September. With the hire of Kaufman, Showtime is consolidating talent relations and special events. As part of the restructuring, longtime director of talent relations Dianne Hatlestadt has left the company. In her new role, Kaufman will oversee all talent-related activities and special events for Showtime original programming, and will handle the network’s relationships with talent, producers and executives. Kaufman most recently founded and managed the boutique agency SKPR, where she represented TV clients, musical artists, and non-profit organizations and produced special events. Her clients included CBS Television Distribution’s Entertainment Tonight and The Insider, where she was responsible for day-to-day talent relations, publicity and events, including the annual Entertainment Tonight Emmy party. Meyer will continue to work closely with Cardoso on all strategy for the network’s award and film festival initiatives. Showtime is coming off a great showing at the Golden Globes, winning 3 awards, including a first ever drama series win for Homeland.
Showtime Makes Two Appointments, Restructures Corporate Communications
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over