Entertainment group Shout! Factory has secured rights to 3D thriller Sector 7 and action/adventure Quick for all packaged media, home entertainment and digital distribution in the U.S. and Canada. The deal is part of a multi-year agreement with Korean film and distribution company CJ E&M in which Shout! will be the exclusive North American home entertainment distributor for the two titles. Sector 7 revolves around the crew of an oil prospecting ship that are terrorized by an underwater creature directed by Kim Ji-Hoon. Quick centers on a motorcycle gang member who makes a living as a bike messenger. One day while giving a ride to a female passenger she puts on a helmet that he doesn’t realize is booby-trapped. He must make a series of deliveries within a fixed amount of time or the helmet will blow up. Founded by Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos, Shout! Factory is a diversified entertainment company based in Santa Monica, CA.
Shout! Factory Takes Rights To Korean 3D Thriller 'Sector 7' And 'Quick'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $216M-$220M: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise
California Wildfires Spread: Thomas Fire Mandates Santa Barbara Evacs, Threatens Montecito Celebrity Homes
Director Terry Zwigoff Joins Peter Jackson, Mira Sorvino & Ashley Judd In Claiming Weinstein Blacklist; Hollywood Reacts
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For ‘Good Will Hunting’
- ‘The Room’ Filmmaker Tommy Wiseau Pitched Himself For Next ‘Star Wars’ Movie
- ‘Darkest Hour’ Is Gary Oldman’s “Man On A Mission” Movie
- Jake Gyllenhaal’s Fight To Mount ‘Stronger’ And Play A Real-Life Superhero
- Director Terry Zwigoff Joins Peter Jackson, Mira Sorvino & Ashley Judd In Claiming Weinstein Blacklist; Hollywood Reacts
- Paul Haggis Denies Rape Claims By Publicist; Calls It “Public Hanging”