Shannon Woodward will play Candace, a punk/goth anarchist sporting a nose ring and a Ramones shirt. Deadline previously reported that Emma Roberts, John Cusack and Evan Peters were cast in Adult World, which began production this month in upstate New York via TreeHouse Pictures and Anonymous Content. In Adult World, Candace and her friend Amy (Roberts) bond over their mutual rebellion becoming roommates who decide to live the down-and-out life together. Directed by Scott Coffey (Elle Parker) with a script by Andrew Cochran, Adult World examines the “contemporary state of post-graduate life in America,” TreeHouse president Justin Nappi told Deadline earlier this month. “This is a smart satirical comedy that will resonate with a lot of people.” Woodward currently stars on Fox’s comedy Raising Hope and previously starred in FX’s The Riches. She is repped by Untitled and Gersh.
Shannon Woodward To Star Opposite Emma Roberts In 'Adult World'
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
TV Upfronts 2017 Schedule: Fewer Agency Parties Amid WGA Strike Fears; CBS Tackles Unexpected Vacancy
Latest Film News
- Netflix Picks Up Alfre Woodard-Starring Drama ‘Juanita’
- Will Smith In Talks To Join Ang Lee For ‘Gemini Man’
- Madonna Criticizes Unauthorized Biopic ‘Blonde Ambition’
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2’: $100M Offshore Bow In The Mix? – International Box Office Preview
- Harvey Weinstein On ‘3 Generations’ Ratings Dilemma: Cut, Or Risk Losing Access To Teen Audience
- National CineMedia Promotes Lawrence Snapp To Chief Digital Officer