Shannon Woodward will play Candace, a punk/goth anarchist sporting a nose ring and a Ramones shirt. Deadline previously reported that Emma Roberts, John Cusack and Evan Peters were cast in Adult World, which began production this month in upstate New York via TreeHouse Pictures and Anonymous Content. In Adult World, Candace and her friend Amy (Roberts) bond over their mutual rebellion becoming roommates who decide to live the down-and-out life together. Directed by Scott Coffey (Elle Parker) with a script by Andrew Cochran, Adult World examines the “contemporary state of post-graduate life in America,” TreeHouse president Justin Nappi told Deadline earlier this month. “This is a smart satirical comedy that will resonate with a lot of people.” Woodward currently stars on Fox’s comedy Raising Hope and previously starred in FX’s The Riches. She is repped by Untitled and Gersh.
Shannon Woodward To Star Opposite Emma Roberts In 'Adult World'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Trevor Habberstad Dies: 'X-Men' Stuntman Was 27
- Mark Gordon, ‘Narcos’ Helmer José Padilha Unite For Landmark Race Case Pic ‘Arc Of Justice’
- Martin Wallström Cast In ‘Militia’; Robert Aramayo Lands In ‘Galveston’
- ‘Hidden Figures’, ‘Hacksaw Ridge’ & ’13th’ Among Humanitas Prize Winners
- Corbin Bernsen To Star In Indie Thriller ‘The Russian Bride’
- ‘Step’: Fox Searchlight Dates Its $4M+ Sundance Docu Pickup For Summer