Shannon Woodward will play Candace, a punk/goth anarchist sporting a nose ring and a Ramones shirt. Deadline previously reported that Emma Roberts, John Cusack and Evan Peters were cast in Adult World, which began production this month in upstate New York via TreeHouse Pictures and Anonymous Content. In Adult World, Candace and her friend Amy (Roberts) bond over their mutual rebellion becoming roommates who decide to live the down-and-out life together. Directed by Scott Coffey (Elle Parker) with a script by Andrew Cochran, Adult World examines the “contemporary state of post-graduate life in America,” TreeHouse president Justin Nappi told Deadline earlier this month. “This is a smart satirical comedy that will resonate with a lot of people.” Woodward currently stars on Fox’s comedy Raising Hope and previously starred in FX’s The Riches. She is repped by Untitled and Gersh.
Shannon Woodward To Star Opposite Emma Roberts In 'Adult World'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- First Look At ‘Downton’s Dan Stevens As Golden-Locked ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Prince
- ‘Don’t Breathe’ $22M+ Opening Is An August Record For Screen Gems – Saturday Update
- ‘Hands Of Stone’ Review: Roberto Duran Boxing Biopic Takes Too Many Swings
- Ty Burrell Latest To Join ‘Rock That Body’
- Edward Snowden To Appear Via Satellite In U.S. Theaters Ahead Of ‘Snowden’ Opening
- ‘Complete Unknown’ Clip: “Your Farsi Is Getting Much Better”