EXCLUSIVE: Syfy is developing a series version of the 2010 supernatural thriller Legion, which starred Paul Bettany. The feature’s director/co-writer Scott Stewart is set to direct and executive produce the TV adaptation, which will be written by Vaun Wilmott (Sons Of Anarchy). Sony Pictures TV, the TV sibling of Sony’s Screen Gems division that distributed the film, is producing the series project. The movie, produced by Bold Films, chronicled human race’s battle for survival against God’s legion of angels sent by him to bring on the Apocalypse. The people get an unlikely ally in Archangel Michael (Bettany), who disobeys God’s order and decides to help them. Bold Films’ David Lancaster and Michael Litvak, who were producers on the movie, will serve as executive producers on the potential series alongside WME-repped Stewart. ICM-repped Wilmott co-executive produces. Budgeted at $26 million, the movie grossed $68 million worldwide.
Series Adaptation Of 'Legion' With Feature's Director Scott Stewart In The Works At Syfy
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
'Martian' 2nd-Best Opening For October, Damon & Scott Despite Losing Fuel Sunday; Verdi Trips 'Walk' - B.O. Postmortem
Latest TV News
- Mark Gordon Teaming With ProSieben On ‘Darkness Falls’ Procedural – Mipcom
- ABC Buys Legal Drama ‘Conviction’ From Mark Gordon Company As Put Pilot
- ‘Gotham’ EP On Tonight’s Joker Origin Shocker & Honoring The Batman Legacy
- Roger Bart Joins ‘Graves’ On Epix; Tembi Locke In USA Pilot ‘Shooter’
- Harvey Weinstein & BBC Debut ‘War And Peace’ Footage, Talk Future Collaborations – Mipcom
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?