EXCLUSIVE: Syfy is developing a series version of the 2010 supernatural thriller Legion, which starred Paul Bettany. The feature’s director/co-writer Scott Stewart is set to direct and executive produce the TV adaptation, which will be written by Vaun Wilmott (Sons Of Anarchy). Sony Pictures TV, the TV sibling of Sony’s Screen Gems division that distributed the film, is producing the series project. The movie, produced by Bold Films, chronicled human race’s battle for survival against God’s legion of angels sent by him to bring on the Apocalypse. The people get an unlikely ally in Archangel Michael (Bettany), who disobeys God’s order and decides to help them. Bold Films’ David Lancaster and Michael Litvak, who were producers on the movie, will serve as executive producers on the potential series alongside WME-repped Stewart. ICM-repped Wilmott co-executive produces. Budgeted at $26 million, the movie grossed $68 million worldwide.
Series Adaptation Of 'Legion' With Feature's Director Scott Stewart In The Works At Syfy
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
James Corden On The Fruits Of 'Carpool Karaoke', The Internet And Those Emmy Nominations - AwardsLine
'House of Cards' Actor Mahershala Ali On His Departure From The Series And Netflix's Upcoming 'Luke Cage'
Latest TV News
- Telemundo Responds To SAG-AFTRA’s Accusation Of Censorship For Not Airing Ad Critical Of NBCUniversal
- ‘Adam Ruins Everything’ Including The Oscars – With A Little Help From Pete Hammond
- AT&T, HBO Ink All-Platform Content Deal; Programming Set For OTT Service
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- Donald Trump’s Doctor Explains “Astonishingly Healthy” Medical Record To NBC News
- NBC Buys Modern-Day Noah’s Ark Drama Produced By Robert Zemeckis