Selma Blair is set as the female lead opposite Charlie Sheen in his new comedy series Anger Management. On the Lionsgate TV-produced series, which has an initial 10-episode order from FX, Sheen portrays Charlie, a former baseball player with anger issues who winds up as an unconventional anger management therapist. Blair will play Charlie’s own therapist, envisioned as a love interest for him. Shawnee Smith was cast last week as Charlie’s ex-wife. In interviews at NATPE last week, Sheen raved about the possibility of working with Blair, who was among the actresses invited to test for the two roles and one of two finalists for the role. Production is slated to begin in mid-March. Under the model employed by Lionsgate’s Debmar-Mercury, if the 10-episode run of Anger Management hits a ratings target, that will trigger a 90-episode order by FX, which would be produced on an accelerated schedule over the next two years. Blair is with Gersh.
Selma Blair To Star Opposite Charlie Sheen In FX Comedy Series 'Anger Management'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Surge As Eagles Claw Cowboys; Trump Says NFL Should "Suspend" Marshawn Lynch
Latest TV News
- E! Buys ‘Juicy Stories’ Dramedy From Michael Patrick King, Amy Harris & Juicy Couture Founders With…
- CBS And Dish Network Warn Of Potential Blackout If No Deal By Tonight
- YouTube Red Sets Jay Williams Docuseries ‘Best Shot’; LeBron James Among EPs
- ‘The Indian Detective’ Trailer: First Look & Premiere Date For Netflix’s Canadian Series Starring…
- Della Reese Dies: Music Legend & ‘Touched By An Angel Star’ Was 86
- ‘The L Word’ Sequel Taps Marja-Lewis Ryan As Showrunner At Showtime