Selma Blair is set as the female lead opposite Charlie Sheen in his new comedy series Anger Management. On the Lionsgate TV-produced series, which has an initial 10-episode order from FX, Sheen portrays Charlie, a former baseball player with anger issues who winds up as an unconventional anger management therapist. Blair will play Charlie’s own therapist, envisioned as a love interest for him. Shawnee Smith was cast last week as Charlie’s ex-wife. In interviews at NATPE last week, Sheen raved about the possibility of working with Blair, who was among the actresses invited to test for the two roles and one of two finalists for the role. Production is slated to begin in mid-March. Under the model employed by Lionsgate’s Debmar-Mercury, if the 10-episode run of Anger Management hits a ratings target, that will trigger a 90-episode order by FX, which would be produced on an accelerated schedule over the next two years. Blair is with Gersh.
Selma Blair To Star Opposite Charlie Sheen In FX Comedy Series 'Anger Management'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Lochte Teammate James Feigen Apologizes, Details Rio Gas Station Gaffe & Brazilian Authorities' Big Fine Demands
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
Vice's Shane Smith To Big Media: "Open Sh*t Up" Or Alienate A Generation; Predicts M&A Frenzy; Talks Disney - Edinburgh
Latest TV News
- Viceland Taps Marc Liepis As VP Communications
- ‘Nashville’: Connie Britton No Longer Regular; Will She Leave Country Drama?
- ‘Battlefield’-Inspired Live-Action Digital Series To Premiere On Go90
- Aisha Hinds To Star As Harriet Tubman In ‘Underground’ Season 2
- Michael Phelps Dives Into ‘America’s Got Talent’ Co-Hosting Gig Tonight
- BBC America To Air ‘Star Trek’ Marathon In Runup To ‘Dirk Gently’ Premiere