Selma Blair is set as the female lead opposite Charlie Sheen in his new comedy series Anger Management. On the Lionsgate TV-produced series, which has an initial 10-episode order from FX, Sheen portrays Charlie, a former baseball player with anger issues who winds up as an unconventional anger management therapist. Blair will play Charlie’s own therapist, envisioned as a love interest for him. Shawnee Smith was cast last week as Charlie’s ex-wife. In interviews at NATPE last week, Sheen raved about the possibility of working with Blair, who was among the actresses invited to test for the two roles and one of two finalists for the role. Production is slated to begin in mid-March. Under the model employed by Lionsgate’s Debmar-Mercury, if the 10-episode run of Anger Management hits a ratings target, that will trigger a 90-episode order by FX, which would be produced on an accelerated schedule over the next two years. Blair is with Gersh.
Selma Blair To Star Opposite Charlie Sheen In FX Comedy Series 'Anger Management'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- PBS To Track Whales, Marine Life In Its First Live Natural-History Show
- ‘The Mindy Project’ Eyes 2-Season Pickup At Hulu
- ‘Survivor’ Cast Picked By Viewers For Next Season
- Matt Berry To Replace Tim Doyle As ‘Last Man Standing’ Showrunner
- ‘iZombie’ Renewed For Season 2 By The CW
- Weinstein Company’s Next TV Foray: Animated Family Series ‘Spy Kids,’ ‘Gnomes’ And ‘Reboot…