Felicity alum Scott Speedman is returning to television with a starring role opposite Andre Braugher in ABC’s pilot Last Resort, from Shawn Ryan and Karl Gadjusek. The Sony TV-produced project centers on the crew of the nuclear submarine USS Nevada who after disobeying a suspicious order become fugitives. They land on the island of Sainte Marina, where they take over the NATO Listening Station and declare themselves an independent nuclear nation. Speedman plays Xo Sam Kendal, second-in-command of the Nevada behind Capt. Chaplin (Braugher) who is “the beating heart of the boat.” Also cast in the pilot is Gersh-repped Camille de Pazzis as Sophie, scientist in charge of the listening station who is shocked when Chaplin and his crew take over. Martin Campbell is directing the pilot, which will begin production at the beginning of March in Hawaii. Speedman, who has been focused on features after the end of Felicity, had been pursued for pilots for several seasons. The actor, repped by WME and D/F Management, is currently seen in the blockbuster The Vow and next stars in IFC’s Citizen Gangster.
Scott Speedman Returns To TV With Co-Lead Role On ABC Pilot 'Last Resort'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Andreeva
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21
- ABC Developing True Crime Procedural Set Throughout Los Angeles History
- Fox Nabs DC Entertainment 'Lucifer' Drama From Tom Kapinos As Put Pilot
- NBC Adapting Movie 'Problem Child' As Comedy Written By Scot Armstrong
- USA Event Series 'Dig' Pushed To 2015, Eyes Additional Episode Order