Felicity alum Scott Speedman is returning to television with a starring role opposite Andre Braugher in ABC’s pilot Last Resort, from Shawn Ryan and Karl Gadjusek. The Sony TV-produced project centers on the crew of the nuclear submarine USS Nevada who after disobeying a suspicious order become fugitives. They land on the island of Sainte Marina, where they take over the NATO Listening Station and declare themselves an independent nuclear nation. Speedman plays Xo Sam Kendal, second-in-command of the Nevada behind Capt. Chaplin (Braugher) who is “the beating heart of the boat.” Also cast in the pilot is Gersh-repped Camille de Pazzis as Sophie, scientist in charge of the listening station who is shocked when Chaplin and his crew take over. Martin Campbell is directing the pilot, which will begin production at the beginning of March in Hawaii. Speedman, who has been focused on features after the end of Felicity, had been pursued for pilots for several seasons. The actor, repped by WME and D/F Management, is currently seen in the blockbuster The Vow and next stars in IFC’s Citizen Gangster.
Scott Speedman Returns To TV With Co-Lead Role On ABC Pilot 'Last Resort'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Actor Neil Fingleton Dies: UK’s Tallest Man Was 36
- Hollywood Mourns Bill Paxton: “A Wonderful Man”, Says Tom Hanks
- Bill Paxton Had Completed Order For CBS’ ‘Training Day’ Before His Death
- Spokesperson Explains Donald Trump’s Press Dinner No-Show: “We Spend Enough Time Around Each Other”
- Bill Paxton Dies: ‘Twister’, ‘Big Love’ Actor Was 61
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings