ReelzChannel has picked up the Sarah Palin documentary The Undefeated and will premiere it March 11 at 8 PM ET/5 PM PT. The pro-Palin doc from Victory Film Group was released theatrically in July in a few theaters and grossed just more than $100,000 domestically, but its politically charged subject puts it right in the wheelhouse of ReelzChannel, which found ratings success picking up the miniseries The Kennedys after it was dropped by History Channel. That mini from 24 co-creator Joel Surnow earned 10 Emmy nominations last year and won four and put ReelzChannel on the cable map. It’s also not a coincidence that the March 11 TV premiere date for Undefeated comes a day after HBO premieres Game Change, its movie about the 2008 presidential election that focuses on the emergence of Palin on the national scene. “We are incredibly excited that ReelzChannel has made the courageous decision to present the network television premiere on the same weekend as the fictionalized hit-piece by HBO,” Undefeated writer-director Stephen K. Bannon said.
Sarah Palin Doc 'The Undefeated' Finds TV Home On ReelzChannel
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…