Scrubs alumna Sarah Chalke is set as the lead in the ABC comedy pilot How to Live With Your Parents for the Rest of Your Life, from Accidentally on Purpose creator Claudia Lonow. The multi-camera/hybrid comedy, produced by 20th Century Fox TV and studio-based Imagine Television, is in the mold of another 20th TV comedy, How I Met Your Mother – a multi-camera comedy that is shot without live audience and features more scenes than a regular sitcom. Based on Lonow’s own life, How to Live With Your Parents for the Rest of Your Life, which can certainly vie for the longest series title crown, is described as an outrageous comedy with lots of heart. It centers on Polly (Chalke), a recently divorced, single mom, who moves in with her eccentric parents, Elaine and Max, a couple who’s full of life but knows no boundaries. The casting stems from the development/talent holding deal Chalke signed with 20th TV in the summer. It keeps Chalke, repped by UTA and John Carrabino, on ABC where she is recurring on the upcoming season of Cougar Town. She recently co-starred on the short-lived CBS comedy series Mad Love.
Sarah Chalke To Star In ABC's 'How To Live With Your Parents' Comedy Pilot
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'