Sanaa Lathan and Glee heartthrob Jonathan Groff have landed new regular roles on the second season of Starz’s drama series Boss. The Lionsgate TV-produced series stars recent Golden Globe winner Kelsey Grammer as ruthless Chicago mayor Tom Kane. Lathan is finalizing a deal to play Mona, Kane’s incorruptible new chief of staff, who becomes an obsession for him. Lathan, repped by ICM and John Carrabino, voices the female lead on Fox’s The Cleveland Show and was most recently seen in the feature Contagion. Groff will play Ian Todd, a smart and ambitious staffer in Kane’s office who steps into the void Ezra Stone (Martin Donovan) has left to offer astute council to Kane. WME-repped Groff is best known for his recurring role as villain-turned-good guy Jesse St. James on the Fox musical dramedy Glee.
Sanaa Lathan & Jonathan Groff Join Starz's 'Boss' As New Regulars For Second Season
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres