Scott Cervine’s People V. The State Of Illusion was picked up by Samuel Goldwyn Films. Written and produced by Austin Vickers, the film explores the science and power of perceptions and imagination reminiscent of 2004’s What The Bleep Do We Know!?? — also a Goldwyn title. Set in a New Mexico penitentiary, the story centers on Aaron Roberts who is convicted of claiming a woman’s life, forcing his daughter to become a ward of the state. An attorney learns of her plight and decides to represent her in an innovative and emotionally compelling case against the state. Vickers, a professional speaker in the field of emotional intelligence and self-awareness, will appear at the film’s premiere in cities across the country to conduct audience Q&As. Goldwyn acquired U.S. rights and plans a March release.
Samuel Goldwyn Films Takes Rights to 'The State Of Illusion'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
Berlin Film Festival Winners: 'Touch Me Not' Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For 'Isle Of Dogs' - Full List
'Black Panther' Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; 'Red Sea' Rises In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- 'Operation Red Sea' Tops Newcomers; 'The Shape of Water' Crosses $55M – Specialty Box Office
- ‘Black Panther’ Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; ‘Red Sea’ Rises In China – International…
- Sridevi Kapoor Dies: Bollywood Superstar In Multiple Languages Was 54
- 'Guardians Vol. 2' VFX Supervisor On All-New Rocket Raccoon & Pic's Spectacular Credits Sequence
- Berlin Film Festival Winners: ‘Touch Me Not’ Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For ‘Isle Of Dogs’…
- ‘The Shape Of Water’s Guillermo Del Toro On The “Biggest Missing Piece” Co-Writer Vanessa Taylor Brought To…