Weekend box office for Universal’s Safe House turned out to be $40.2 million when actual figures came in today. Three-day estimates from Sunday proved a tad conservative at $39.3 million. Along with the $41.2 million actuals Sony reported today for The Vow, that means two movies posted openings higher than $40 million on the same weekend — the first time that has ever happened in the months of January and February.
'Safe House,' 'The Vow' Make B.O. History With $40M+ Weekend Each
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'