Weekend box office for Universal’s Safe House turned out to be $40.2 million when actual figures came in today. Three-day estimates from Sunday proved a tad conservative at $39.3 million. Along with the $41.2 million actuals Sony reported today for The Vow, that means two movies posted openings higher than $40 million on the same weekend — the first time that has ever happened in the months of January and February.
'Safe House,' 'The Vow' Make B.O. History With $40M+ Weekend Each
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'