Today brings more potential bad news for Rupert Murdoch’s embattled News International. British Labour Party MP Tom Watson tweeted this morning that the Metropolitan police have confirmed to him they are investigating News International-owned The Times newspaper over email hacking. Watson, who is also a member of the Parliamentary committee for Culture, Media and Sport, had written to the police last month asking if they would investigate after the newspaper’s editor, James Harding. He told the Leveson Inquiry into U.K. media ethics that a Times reporter had been given a formal warning after accessing private emails without authorization. A police spokesman told the BBC officers were in contact with Watson regarding the specific issues he seeks to raise, but said they would not provide “running commentary.”
Rupert Murdoch's Times Newspaper Now Part Of Hacking Probe, MP Says
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest International News
- Is Bollywood’s Eros International Preparing A Dealmaking Campaign?
- Joe Wright In Talks To Board ‘The Lifeboat’ With Anne Hathaway, Working Title & Focus Features
- Imax Shares Leap As It Announces Hong Kong IPO Plan
- FIFA President Sepp Blatter Targeted As Visa, Coke Kick Up Pressure
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- Ex-Focus Head James Schamus Resurfaces In China First Look With Meridian Entertainment