EXCLUSIVE: Without A Trace alumna Roselyn Sanchez has landed one of the leads in the ABC pilot Devious Maids, from Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry. Also cast in the pilot is newcomer Angelique Cabral. Based on the Mexican format, the soap follows four maids with ambition and dreams of their own while they work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Sanchez, repped by APA and Alchemy Entertainment, will play one of them, Carmen, an aspiring singer who carries herself like the rich and famous woman she will one day be. She works for a self-absorbed Cuban-American pop star (Cabral), who is constantly on tour. Sanchez, who will next co-stars in Relativity Media’s Act Of Valor, opening tomorrow, joins previously cast Devious Maids leads Ana Ortiz and Dania Ramirez. Cabral is with Pakula/King & Associates and Karen Forman Management.
Roselyn Sanchez Lands Lead In Marc Cherry's ABC Pilot 'Devious Maids'
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver: Donald Trump's Tape Admission "Extraordinarily Stupid" Confirmation Of James Comey Testimony
Why 'Transformers' Is Screaming For Reboot After $69M Start; 'Wonder Woman' & 'Cars 3' Fight Over 2nd Place - Sunday AM
Latest TV News
- BET Awards Winners: Beyoncé, Bruno Mars, Chance The Rapper Lead Way
- Report Exonerates SAG-AFTRA Execs Accused Of Miseeds
- John Oliver: Donald Trump’s Tape Admission “Extraordinarily Stupid” Confirmation Of James Comey Testimony
- SAG-AFTRA Contract Talks Hit Major Roadblock
- Michelle Obama Makes Surprise BET Awards Cameo Honoring Chance The Rapper
- ‘Power’ Season 4 Review: ‘Fast & Furious’ Sung Kang Brings More Pedal To Metal