EXCLUSIVE: Without A Trace alumna Roselyn Sanchez has landed one of the leads in the ABC pilot Devious Maids, from Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry. Also cast in the pilot is newcomer Angelique Cabral. Based on the Mexican format, the soap follows four maids with ambition and dreams of their own while they work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Sanchez, repped by APA and Alchemy Entertainment, will play one of them, Carmen, an aspiring singer who carries herself like the rich and famous woman she will one day be. She works for a self-absorbed Cuban-American pop star (Cabral), who is constantly on tour. Sanchez, who will next co-stars in Relativity Media’s Act Of Valor, opening tomorrow, joins previously cast Devious Maids leads Ana Ortiz and Dania Ramirez. Cabral is with Pakula/King & Associates and Karen Forman Management.
Roselyn Sanchez Lands Lead In Marc Cherry's ABC Pilot 'Devious Maids'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Unveils Season 8 Key Art & It’s “All Out War”
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ To Continue Airing Live Coast To Coast
- ‘The Deuce’ Renewed For Season 2 At HBO
- Aidan Gillen To Play Dave Allen For BBC; HBO Nordic Orders ‘Gosta’; Anna Friel Flits To ITV’s ‘Butterfly’…
- Herb Scannell Tapped To Be CEO Of Mitú, Latino-Focused Video Producer
- Amazon Studios Inks Overall Deal With ‘Stranger Things’ Writer Justin Doble