EXCLUSIVE: Without A Trace alumna Roselyn Sanchez has landed one of the leads in the ABC pilot Devious Maids, from Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry. Also cast in the pilot is newcomer Angelique Cabral. Based on the Mexican format, the soap follows four maids with ambition and dreams of their own while they work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Sanchez, repped by APA and Alchemy Entertainment, will play one of them, Carmen, an aspiring singer who carries herself like the rich and famous woman she will one day be. She works for a self-absorbed Cuban-American pop star (Cabral), who is constantly on tour. Sanchez, who will next co-stars in Relativity Media’s Act Of Valor, opening tomorrow, joins previously cast Devious Maids leads Ana Ortiz and Dania Ramirez. Cabral is with Pakula/King & Associates and Karen Forman Management.
Roselyn Sanchez Lands Lead In Marc Cherry's ABC Pilot 'Devious Maids'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Will Win Third Weekend Lap With $20M, But It's 'Baahubali 2' That's Surprising - Box Office
Director Jim Sheridan's Next: 'H-Block' Coming Together With Cillian Murphy, Jamie Dornan, Pierce Brosnan
Latest TV News
- ABC Buys Time Loop Mystery ‘Echo Point’ From ‘Good Neighbor’ Scribe & Safehouse
- ‘Z: The Beginning of Everything’ Star Christina Ricci On Presenting Zelda Fitzgerald’s Full Humanity
- WGA: “The Cost Of Settling Is Reasonable”
- ‘Big Bang Theory’ & ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Rise In Adjusted Ratings, ‘The Catch’ Down…
- Eden Gaha Exiting As Head Of Unscripted At Endemol Shine North America
- ‘Sweet/Vicious’ Canceled By MTV After One Season