EXCLUSIVE: Without A Trace alumna Roselyn Sanchez has landed one of the leads in the ABC pilot Devious Maids, from Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry. Also cast in the pilot is newcomer Angelique Cabral. Based on the Mexican format, the soap follows four maids with ambition and dreams of their own while they work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Sanchez, repped by APA and Alchemy Entertainment, will play one of them, Carmen, an aspiring singer who carries herself like the rich and famous woman she will one day be. She works for a self-absorbed Cuban-American pop star (Cabral), who is constantly on tour. Sanchez, who will next co-stars in Relativity Media’s Act Of Valor, opening tomorrow, joins previously cast Devious Maids leads Ana Ortiz and Dania Ramirez. Cabral is with Pakula/King & Associates and Karen Forman Management.
Roselyn Sanchez Lands Lead In Marc Cherry's ABC Pilot 'Devious Maids'
What's Hot on Deadline
Warner Bros Wins Visionary Viral Short 'Sundays' Auction; You Gotta See What $51,000 Can Look Like Onscreen
Latest TV News
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ With Host Dwayne Johnson Slips To Season Low
- BBC Chief Gets Death Threat After Firing Jeremy Clarkson From ‘Top Gear’
- ‘The Rock’s Revenge Of ‘Bambi’ Targets Disney Remakes: ‘SNL’
- ‘The Rock’ Obama On ‘SNL’ Shows Dwayne Johnson As POTUS With The Most
- Trailer For J.K. Rowling’s ‘The Casual Vacancy’ On HBO
- NCAA Tournament Ratings Jump From First Friday, ‘Hart Of Dixie’ Finale Even