EXCLUSIVE: Without A Trace alumna Roselyn Sanchez has landed one of the leads in the ABC pilot Devious Maids, from Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry. Also cast in the pilot is newcomer Angelique Cabral. Based on the Mexican format, the soap follows four maids with ambition and dreams of their own while they work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Sanchez, repped by APA and Alchemy Entertainment, will play one of them, Carmen, an aspiring singer who carries herself like the rich and famous woman she will one day be. She works for a self-absorbed Cuban-American pop star (Cabral), who is constantly on tour. Sanchez, who will next co-stars in Relativity Media’s Act Of Valor, opening tomorrow, joins previously cast Devious Maids leads Ana Ortiz and Dania Ramirez. Cabral is with Pakula/King & Associates and Karen Forman Management.
Roselyn Sanchez Lands Lead In Marc Cherry's ABC Pilot 'Devious Maids'
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Andreeva
- 'Hitch' Comedy Series In Works At Fox
- Quartet Cast In HBO's 'Crime' Miniseries
- ABC Nabs Fortune Feimster Comedy From Matt Hubbard, Tina Fey & Robert Carlock
- Lifetime Orders 'Lizzie Borden' Limited Series Starring Christina Ricci
- 'Bewitched' Follow-Up Series Lands At NBC With Pilot Production Commitment
- Brad Silberling Inks Overall Deal With CBS TV Studios