EXCLUSIVE: Without A Trace alumna Roselyn Sanchez has landed one of the leads in the ABC pilot Devious Maids, from Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry. Also cast in the pilot is newcomer Angelique Cabral. Based on the Mexican format, the soap follows four maids with ambition and dreams of their own while they work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Sanchez, repped by APA and Alchemy Entertainment, will play one of them, Carmen, an aspiring singer who carries herself like the rich and famous woman she will one day be. She works for a self-absorbed Cuban-American pop star (Cabral), who is constantly on tour. Sanchez, who will next co-stars in Relativity Media’s Act Of Valor, opening tomorrow, joins previously cast Devious Maids leads Ana Ortiz and Dania Ramirez. Cabral is with Pakula/King & Associates and Karen Forman Management.
Roselyn Sanchez Lands Lead In Marc Cherry's ABC Pilot 'Devious Maids'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres