EXCLUSIVE: Without A Trace alumna Roselyn Sanchez has landed one of the leads in the ABC pilot Devious Maids, from Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry. Also cast in the pilot is newcomer Angelique Cabral. Based on the Mexican format, the soap follows four maids with ambition and dreams of their own while they work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Sanchez, repped by APA and Alchemy Entertainment, will play one of them, Carmen, an aspiring singer who carries herself like the rich and famous woman she will one day be. She works for a self-absorbed Cuban-American pop star (Cabral), who is constantly on tour. Sanchez, who will next co-stars in Relativity Media’s Act Of Valor, opening tomorrow, joins previously cast Devious Maids leads Ana Ortiz and Dania Ramirez. Cabral is with Pakula/King & Associates and Karen Forman Management.
Roselyn Sanchez Lands Lead In Marc Cherry's ABC Pilot 'Devious Maids'
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Andreeva
- 'Red Band Society' Pulled From Schedule, Will Stop Production After 13 Episodes
- Networks Scale Back, Bet On Remakes & Medical Dramas This Development Season
- Joe Bastianich To Depart 'MasterChef' Franchise
- Joel McHale To Produce E! Pilot About Snarky Web Comments
- Nicole Kidman & Reese Witherspoon To Star In 'Big Little Lies' Limited Series, Penned By David E. Kelley
- Viola Davis & Debra Martin Chase Produce Drama Based On Prosecutor Kym Worthy