EXCLUSIVE: Without A Trace alumna Roselyn Sanchez has landed one of the leads in the ABC pilot Devious Maids, from Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry. Also cast in the pilot is newcomer Angelique Cabral. Based on the Mexican format, the soap follows four maids with ambition and dreams of their own while they work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Sanchez, repped by APA and Alchemy Entertainment, will play one of them, Carmen, an aspiring singer who carries herself like the rich and famous woman she will one day be. She works for a self-absorbed Cuban-American pop star (Cabral), who is constantly on tour. Sanchez, who will next co-stars in Relativity Media’s Act Of Valor, opening tomorrow, joins previously cast Devious Maids leads Ana Ortiz and Dania Ramirez. Cabral is with Pakula/King & Associates and Karen Forman Management.
Roselyn Sanchez Lands Lead In Marc Cherry's ABC Pilot 'Devious Maids'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
Latest TV News
- 'Get Christie Love' Reboot Starring Kylie Bunbury From Courtney Kemp & Vin Diesel Gets Official ABC Pilot Order
- ‘How To Get Away With Murder’: Lolita Davidovich Set To Recur On Shondaland Drama
- Sony Pictures TV Ups Ada Brown To SVP Of U.S. Business Affairs
- "Wrongful" AMC Move To Halt 'The Walking Dead' Suit Sees CAA & Frank Darabont Pursue Sanctions – Update
- 'Manifest' Missing Plane Mystery Thriller From Jeff Rake & Robert Zemeckis Gets NBC Pilot Order
- NBC Orders 4 Multicamera Comedy Pilots From Suzanne Martin, Greg Malins, Brian Gallivan & Josh Malmuth