EXCLUSIVE: Without A Trace alumna Roselyn Sanchez has landed one of the leads in the ABC pilot Devious Maids, from Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry. Also cast in the pilot is newcomer Angelique Cabral. Based on the Mexican format, the soap follows four maids with ambition and dreams of their own while they work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Sanchez, repped by APA and Alchemy Entertainment, will play one of them, Carmen, an aspiring singer who carries herself like the rich and famous woman she will one day be. She works for a self-absorbed Cuban-American pop star (Cabral), who is constantly on tour. Sanchez, who will next co-stars in Relativity Media’s Act Of Valor, opening tomorrow, joins previously cast Devious Maids leads Ana Ortiz and Dania Ramirez. Cabral is with Pakula/King & Associates and Karen Forman Management.
Roselyn Sanchez Lands Lead In Marc Cherry's ABC Pilot 'Devious Maids'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Parks & Recreation’ Creator Mike Schur: “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey;” ‘The Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets Jokes About…
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Talks Normalizing “The Other” And A Happy Ending For The Shondaland Show
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- Univision & Verizon Reach Deal, Ending Blackout And Restoring Stations
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure