EXCLUSIVE: Without A Trace alumna Roselyn Sanchez has landed one of the leads in the ABC pilot Devious Maids, from Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry. Also cast in the pilot is newcomer Angelique Cabral. Based on the Mexican format, the soap follows four maids with ambition and dreams of their own while they work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Sanchez, repped by APA and Alchemy Entertainment, will play one of them, Carmen, an aspiring singer who carries herself like the rich and famous woman she will one day be. She works for a self-absorbed Cuban-American pop star (Cabral), who is constantly on tour. Sanchez, who will next co-stars in Relativity Media’s Act Of Valor, opening tomorrow, joins previously cast Devious Maids leads Ana Ortiz and Dania Ramirez. Cabral is with Pakula/King & Associates and Karen Forman Management.
Roselyn Sanchez Lands Lead In Marc Cherry's ABC Pilot 'Devious Maids'
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
Latest TV News
- The Comedy Central Roast Of Rob Lowe: Everybody Hates Ann Coulter
- 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick Refuses To Stand For National Anthem: “There Are Bodies In The Street”
- Don Cheadle To Trump After Dwyane Wade Comment: “You Truly Are A POS”
- Telemundo Responds To SAG-AFTRA’s Accusation Of Censorship For Not Airing Ad Critical Of NBCUniversal
- ‘Adam Ruins Everything’ Including The Oscars – With A Little Help From Pete Hammond
- AT&T, HBO Ink All-Platform Content Deal; Programming Set For OTT Service