EXCLUSIVE: Without A Trace alumna Roselyn Sanchez has landed one of the leads in the ABC pilot Devious Maids, from Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry. Also cast in the pilot is newcomer Angelique Cabral. Based on the Mexican format, the soap follows four maids with ambition and dreams of their own while they work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Sanchez, repped by APA and Alchemy Entertainment, will play one of them, Carmen, an aspiring singer who carries herself like the rich and famous woman she will one day be. She works for a self-absorbed Cuban-American pop star (Cabral), who is constantly on tour. Sanchez, who will next co-stars in Relativity Media’s Act Of Valor, opening tomorrow, joins previously cast Devious Maids leads Ana Ortiz and Dania Ramirez. Cabral is with Pakula/King & Associates and Karen Forman Management.
Roselyn Sanchez Lands Lead In Marc Cherry's ABC Pilot 'Devious Maids'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Comedy Central Orders '@DadBoner' Animated Pilot Based On Twitter Feed
- NBC Nabs Kari Lizer Mom Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- HBO Ups Amy Gravitt, Nick Hall, David Levine & Francesca Orsi To SVP
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'