EXCLUSIVE: Without A Trace alumna Roselyn Sanchez has landed one of the leads in the ABC pilot Devious Maids, from Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry. Also cast in the pilot is newcomer Angelique Cabral. Based on the Mexican format, the soap follows four maids with ambition and dreams of their own while they work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Sanchez, repped by APA and Alchemy Entertainment, will play one of them, Carmen, an aspiring singer who carries herself like the rich and famous woman she will one day be. She works for a self-absorbed Cuban-American pop star (Cabral), who is constantly on tour. Sanchez, who will next co-stars in Relativity Media’s Act Of Valor, opening tomorrow, joins previously cast Devious Maids leads Ana Ortiz and Dania Ramirez. Cabral is with Pakula/King & Associates and Karen Forman Management.
Roselyn Sanchez Lands Lead In Marc Cherry's ABC Pilot 'Devious Maids'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; 'Mother's Day' Has Edge Over 'Keanu' - Update
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest TV News
- Larry Wilmore On White House Correspondents’ Dinner: “I’m Going To Open With A Yo Mama So Fat Joke”
- John Krasinski To Star In ‘Jack Ryan’ Amazon TV Series From Carlton Cuse & Paramount TV
- ‘Son Of Zorn’ Co-Creator/Co-Showrunner Eli Jorne Exits Fox Comedy Series
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: Chelsea Handler & EPs Talk Delivering Info With Humor In Docu-Series
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Ratings Now Even, ‘Big Bang’ Up, ‘Mom’ & Game Of Silence’ Adjusted Down In Final Numbers…
- The A.V. Club Sets Up At Fusion; Weekly Show To Bow This Year