EXCLUSIVE: Without A Trace alumna Roselyn Sanchez has landed one of the leads in the ABC pilot Devious Maids, from Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry. Also cast in the pilot is newcomer Angelique Cabral. Based on the Mexican format, the soap follows four maids with ambition and dreams of their own while they work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Sanchez, repped by APA and Alchemy Entertainment, will play one of them, Carmen, an aspiring singer who carries herself like the rich and famous woman she will one day be. She works for a self-absorbed Cuban-American pop star (Cabral), who is constantly on tour. Sanchez, who will next co-stars in Relativity Media’s Act Of Valor, opening tomorrow, joins previously cast Devious Maids leads Ana Ortiz and Dania Ramirez. Cabral is with Pakula/King & Associates and Karen Forman Management.
Roselyn Sanchez Lands Lead In Marc Cherry's ABC Pilot 'Devious Maids'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Poised To Kick 'Gravity' Out Of Orbit For The October Opening Record; 'The Walk' +81% On Saturday - Late Night B.O.
Latest TV News
- Barkeep Hillary Clinton Sets ‘Em Up For Laughs On ‘Saturday Night Live’ Premiere
- Scooter Braun & Cyber Group Partner On ‘Rock Angels’ Animated Musical Series – Mipcom
- Abby Huntsman Joins Fox News As Reporter
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Adds Paddy Considine, International Intrigue & More As Season 3 Shoot Begins
- ‘Dr. Ken’ Ratings Debut Solid, ‘Blue Bloods’ Viewership Rises, ABC Wins Night In Demo
- Stephen Colbert Talks Oregon Shooting, McCarthy’s Benghazi “Little White Truth”