Roseanne co-stars Roseanne Barr and John Goodman together again. I’ve learned that, after lengthy negations, Goodman is in final negotiations to join Barr’s new sitcom, the NBC pilot Downwardly Mobile. Co-created by Barr, her boyfriend John Argent and Eric Gilliland, who will serve as showrunner, the multicamera Downwardly Mobile stars Barr as the proprietor of a mobile home park and surrogate mother to all of the unique people who live there in a challenging economy. Goodman will play a man who works at the park and has a buddy relationship with Barr’s character. Barr and Gilliland wrote the script and are executive producing with Argent. Goodman’s casting completes a big Roseanne reunion on the pilot. Gilliland is a former Roseanne executive producer. Gail Mancuso, who spent seven years on the ABC comedy and got her start as a director there, is directing the pilot. And Downwardly Mobile’s casting director Risa Bramon Garcia with Billly Hopkins cast the pilot for Roseanne. Goodman, hot off his turn in The Artist, has several movies in the pipeline, including the Coen brothers’ Inside Llewyn Davis. He also just signed on for Trouble With The Curve. On TV, Gersh-repped Goodman most recently co-starred on Damages.
'Roseanne' Reunion: John Goodman To Co-Star In Roseanne Barr's NBC Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'La La', Diversity, Meryl, Mel & Lots Of Worthy Movies Overshadow Academy's Weird Oscar Nomination Announcement
Latest TV News
- White House: Donald Trump Continues To Believe 3-5 Million Votes Cast Illegally In Election He Won
- ‘The Leftovers’ Premiere Set For Third & Final Season
- Warner Bros. Centralizes Entertainment Technology Operations Under Vicky Colf
- Richard Curtis To Receive WGA West’s Top Humanitarian Award
- Bachelor Comedy Starring Gabriel Iglesias In Works At ABC From Ryan Seacrest’s Co.
- ‘The Librarians’ Renewed For Season 4 By TNT