Roseanne co-stars Roseanne Barr and John Goodman together again. I’ve learned that, after lengthy negations, Goodman is in final negotiations to join Barr’s new sitcom, the NBC pilot Downwardly Mobile. Co-created by Barr, her boyfriend John Argent and Eric Gilliland, who will serve as showrunner, the multicamera Downwardly Mobile stars Barr as the proprietor of a mobile home park and surrogate mother to all of the unique people who live there in a challenging economy. Goodman will play a man who works at the park and has a buddy relationship with Barr’s character. Barr and Gilliland wrote the script and are executive producing with Argent. Goodman’s casting completes a big Roseanne reunion on the pilot. Gilliland is a former Roseanne executive producer. Gail Mancuso, who spent seven years on the ABC comedy and got her start as a director there, is directing the pilot. And Downwardly Mobile’s casting director Risa Bramon Garcia with Billly Hopkins cast the pilot for Roseanne. Goodman, hot off his turn in The Artist, has several movies in the pipeline, including the Coen brothers’ Inside Llewyn Davis. He also just signed on for Trouble With The Curve. On TV, Gersh-repped Goodman most recently co-starred on Damages.
'Roseanne' Reunion: John Goodman To Co-Star In Roseanne Barr's NBC Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Seduces, 'The Circle' Broken By D+ CinemaScore, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty As 'Furious' Leads Listless Weekend
'Reservoir Dogs' Reunion: Quentin Tarantino Recalls When He "Knew Making Movies Was Going To Work Out" — Tribeca
Latest TV News
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD
- Will Ferrell Brings His George W. Bush To Samantha Bee’s Press Bash
- Climate March: Leo DiCaprio, Jane Fonda, Jared Leto Among Hollywood Voices
- ‘Orange Is The New Black’ Hacker Shares Stolen Episodes, Threatens Others