EXCLUSIVE: Sony Pictures set Robbie Pickering to direct Oren Uziel’s The Kitchen Sink, the genre collision about the unlikely alliance between a high school-aged vampire, zombie and human as they try to save their town from invading aliens. The script was a top choice on the 2010 Black List. Matt Tolmach is producing, and it was one of the first projects his company acquired after he left his executive job and jumped right in to produce the Spider-Man reboot with Laura Ziskin and Avi Arad. It looked for a moment like Jonah Hill would make his directing debut on the project, after co-writing and producing 21 Jump Street. Instead, it will be Pickering, who directed and wrote the Spirit Awards-nominated Natural Selection.
Robbie Pickering To Direct 'The Kitchen Sink' At Sony Pics
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Donald Trump Unleashes Base On Jeff Sessions With Tweet Demanding DOJ Investigate Obama In Russia Probe
Ousted Weinstein Company COO David Glasser To File $85M Lawsuit Against Board Members, Alleging He Has Been Made A Scapegoat
Latest Film News
- Lupita Nyong'o To Star In ‘Born A Crime’ Based On Trevor Noah’s Memoir
- Cinedigm Acquires Eric Stoltz-Helmed ‘Class Rank’ For May Release
- ‘Mudbound’ Cinematographer Rachel Morrison Makes Oscar History, Capturing Filmic Look Through Digital Processes
- How A Danny Boyle-Directed James Bond Film Could Happen: Think ‘Trainspotting’ Reunion
- Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
- ‘The Commuter’ Rides Past $100M At Worldwide Box Office