EXCLUSIVE: Sony Pictures set Robbie Pickering to direct Oren Uziel’s The Kitchen Sink, the genre collision about the unlikely alliance between a high school-aged vampire, zombie and human as they try to save their town from invading aliens. The script was a top choice on the 2010 Black List. Matt Tolmach is producing, and it was one of the first projects his company acquired after he left his executive job and jumped right in to produce the Spider-Man reboot with Laura Ziskin and Avi Arad. It looked for a moment like Jonah Hill would make his directing debut on the project, after co-writing and producing 21 Jump Street. Instead, it will be Pickering, who directed and wrote the Spirit Awards-nominated Natural Selection.
Robbie Pickering To Direct 'The Kitchen Sink' At Sony Pics
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $22M During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations
- Female Animators Pen Open Letter Demanding End To Sexual Harassment
- ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Review: Third Time Is The Comic (Book) Charm For Marvel Franchise
- Oscars: Deadline’s Pete Hammond & Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil On Ever-Changing Awards Landscape With Harvey Out And…