EXCLUSIVE: Don’t ask me why so many young people are enthralled by YouTube’s The Annoying Orange. But millions seem to love the whiny character — and that has impressed Relativity Media. It just became the first movie studio to employ The Annoying Orange to promote a feature film: Mirror, Mirror, the upcoming comic revision of Snow White featuring Lily Collins and Julia Roberts. The massive fan base for the character, created by Dane Boedigheimer and produced and distributed by Collective Digital Studio, “enables us to reach Mirror Mirror’s family audience in a nontraditional way,” says Terry Curtin, President of Theatrical Marketing for Relativity. More than 2.3M people subscribe to The Annoying Orange’s YouTube channel, and since October 2009 its videos have had 1B views. Cartoon Network also plans a series around the character. Will this campaign help or hurt Mirror, Mirror? You decide:
Relativity Squeezes YouTube's The Annoying Orange To Promote 'Mirror, Mirror'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Gets Going With $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency