EXCLUSIVE: Don’t ask me why so many young people are enthralled by YouTube’s The Annoying Orange. But millions seem to love the whiny character — and that has impressed Relativity Media. It just became the first movie studio to employ The Annoying Orange to promote a feature film: Mirror, Mirror, the upcoming comic revision of Snow White featuring Lily Collins and Julia Roberts. The massive fan base for the character, created by Dane Boedigheimer and produced and distributed by Collective Digital Studio, “enables us to reach Mirror Mirror’s family audience in a nontraditional way,” says Terry Curtin, President of Theatrical Marketing for Relativity. More than 2.3M people subscribe to The Annoying Orange’s YouTube channel, and since October 2009 its videos have had 1B views. Cartoon Network also plans a series around the character. Will this campaign help or hurt Mirror, Mirror? You decide:
Relativity Squeezes YouTube's The Annoying Orange To Promote 'Mirror, Mirror'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Fun Mom Dinner’ Racks Up Near $5M In WW Deals As Momentum & Netflix Buy Sundance Film
- ‘The Founder’ Review: Michael Keaton Sizzles In Big Mac Biopic
- Hollywood Remembers “Brilliant”, “Hilarious” Miguel Ferrer
- Miguel Ferrer Dies: ‘NCIS: Los Angeles’ & ‘Crossing Jordan’ Star Was 61
- What’s Your Gut: Are The Oscars Headed For A “Hollywood Ending”?
- Brazilian Filmmaker Kleber Mendonca Filho Inks With ICM Partners