EXCLUSIVE: Don’t ask me why so many young people are enthralled by YouTube’s The Annoying Orange. But millions seem to love the whiny character — and that has impressed Relativity Media. It just became the first movie studio to employ The Annoying Orange to promote a feature film: Mirror, Mirror, the upcoming comic revision of Snow White featuring Lily Collins and Julia Roberts. The massive fan base for the character, created by Dane Boedigheimer and produced and distributed by Collective Digital Studio, “enables us to reach Mirror Mirror’s family audience in a nontraditional way,” says Terry Curtin, President of Theatrical Marketing for Relativity. More than 2.3M people subscribe to The Annoying Orange’s YouTube channel, and since October 2009 its videos have had 1B views. Cartoon Network also plans a series around the character. Will this campaign help or hurt Mirror, Mirror? You decide:
Relativity Squeezes YouTube's The Annoying Orange To Promote 'Mirror, Mirror'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; 'Mother's Day' Has Edge Over 'Keanu' - Update
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest Film News
- Frankie Shaw Joins Boston Marathon Bombing Drama ‘Stronger’
- Seth Grahame-Smith Bolts From WB’s ‘The Flash’; Search On For New Director
- ‘Maze Runner’ Sequel Production Shut Down Indefinitely For Dylan O’Brien Recovery – Update
- Sierra/Affinity Boards Andrew Niccol’s Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Anon’ – Cannes
- ‘Jungle Book’ Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; ‘Mother’s Day’ Has Edge Over ‘Keanu’…
- The Orchard Promotes Paul Davidson To Exec VP