The LA-based indie distributor picked up the Boulder Film Festival winner, which it will release late summer this year. High Ground follows 11 Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans and one mother as they climb the 20,000-foot-high Mount Lobuche in the Himalayas. Guided by blind adventurer Erik Weihenmayer and his team, the group, who represent nearly every branch of the military, risk everything to regain part of the lives they were meant to live before being ravaged by war. Emmy-winning documentarian Michael Brown directed the film produced by Don Hahn. Red Flag’s current and upcoming releases include Norwegian Wood, the upcoming #Regeneration and The Green Wave. Past releases include We Were Here and 8:The Mormon Proposition.
Red Flag Releasing Nabs 'High Ground'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Chicago P.D.'s Jason Beghe Investigated By NBC For "Inappropriate Behavior" Amid Sexual Harassment Claims
Latest Film News
- 'Cries From Syria' Director Evgeny Afineevsky Defends Use Of Acquired Video For His Harrowing Doc
- ‘12 Strong’ Trailer: Real-Life Horse Soldiers Tale Saddles Up With Chris Hemsworth & Michael Shannon
- ‘Happy Death Day’ Reaps $100M+ At Worldwide Box Office
- ‘El Camino Christmas’ Trailer: Ted Melfi’s Dark Comedy Gets Netflix Premiere Date
- Gravitas Ventures Acquires Punk Rock Crime Drama ‘Bomb City’
- ‘Birdshot’ Director Mikhail Red On Spotlighting “Beauty In The Philippines”