The LA-based indie distributor picked up the Boulder Film Festival winner, which it will release late summer this year. High Ground follows 11 Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans and one mother as they climb the 20,000-foot-high Mount Lobuche in the Himalayas. Guided by blind adventurer Erik Weihenmayer and his team, the group, who represent nearly every branch of the military, risk everything to regain part of the lives they were meant to live before being ravaged by war. Emmy-winning documentarian Michael Brown directed the film produced by Don Hahn. Red Flag’s current and upcoming releases include Norwegian Wood, the upcoming #Regeneration and The Green Wave. Past releases include We Were Here and 8:The Mormon Proposition.
Red Flag Releasing Nabs 'High Ground'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Furious 7' Drives To $1.12B Global To Bust Records in China; 'Dragon Ball' Trumps 'F7' In Japan - Intl B.O. Update
Latest Film News
- Cathy Schulman Heads To STX Entertainment As Top Production Exec
- Christopher Nolan: “‘Snow White’ Absolutely Terrified Me” – Tribeca Film Fest
- ‘The Overnight’ Trailer: Schwartzman, Schilling, Scott As SoCal Swingers
- ‘Chicago Fire’s Taylor Kinney Lights Up ‘The Forest’
- Tribeca Sale: The Orchard Acquires N.A. Rights To Docu ‘Crocodile Gennadiy’
- Hugh Jackman’s ‘Pan’ Pushed To October