The LA-based indie distributor picked up the Boulder Film Festival winner, which it will release late summer this year. High Ground follows 11 Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans and one mother as they climb the 20,000-foot-high Mount Lobuche in the Himalayas. Guided by blind adventurer Erik Weihenmayer and his team, the group, who represent nearly every branch of the military, risk everything to regain part of the lives they were meant to live before being ravaged by war. Emmy-winning documentarian Michael Brown directed the film produced by Don Hahn. Red Flag’s current and upcoming releases include Norwegian Wood, the upcoming #Regeneration and The Green Wave. Past releases include We Were Here and 8:The Mormon Proposition.
Red Flag Releasing Nabs 'High Ground'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Apocalypse' & 'Alice' Take A Dive On Saturday As Memorial Day B.O. Bloodbath Continues - Late Night Update
Sequel To Cult Sci-Fi Pic 'The Man From Earth' A Go With Vanessa Williams, Sterling Knight Among Cast
Daniel Craig And Katherine Heigl Finalizing Deals To Join Steven Soderbergh's 'Logan Lucky' As James Bond News Surfaces
Latest Film News
- Sam Mendes: “I Think It's Time For Somebody Else” To Direct Bond
- Dwayne Johnson Teases Furious Future With First In-Character Pic From ‘Fast 8’
- Jeff Bridges Infiltrates ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’
- ‘Equals’ Director Drake Doremus On Film’s Love Story, Locations & Audience Response
- ‘Warcraft’ Builds $16.3M Overseas War Chest Through Friday – Intl B.O. Update
- ‘Maze Runner: The Death Cure’ Release Moved To 2018 As Dylan O’Brien Recovers