The LA-based indie distributor picked up the Boulder Film Festival winner, which it will release late summer this year. High Ground follows 11 Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans and one mother as they climb the 20,000-foot-high Mount Lobuche in the Himalayas. Guided by blind adventurer Erik Weihenmayer and his team, the group, who represent nearly every branch of the military, risk everything to regain part of the lives they were meant to live before being ravaged by war. Emmy-winning documentarian Michael Brown directed the film produced by Don Hahn. Red Flag’s current and upcoming releases include Norwegian Wood, the upcoming #Regeneration and The Green Wave. Past releases include We Were Here and 8:The Mormon Proposition.
Red Flag Releasing Nabs 'High Ground'
Trending Now on Deadline
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
Parents & Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
More From Brooks
- 'Birdman' Flies High Over Specialty Box Office With +$100K Per-Theater Average
- Bill Murray's 'St. Vincent' Bows Solid In Crowded Specialty Box Office; 'Whiplash' Finds Rhythm
- New York Comic-Con: Netflix's 'Daredevil' Unveils New Cast Additions, First Images
- New York Comic-Con: PlayStation's 'Powers' Series Unveil First Trailer (Video)
- 'Whiplash,' 'St. Vincent,' 13 More Join Crowded Specialty Box Office: Preview
- Foreign Films 'Breakup Buddies,' 'Bang Bang' Solid In Specialty Box Office Bows