The LA-based indie distributor picked up the Boulder Film Festival winner, which it will release late summer this year. High Ground follows 11 Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans and one mother as they climb the 20,000-foot-high Mount Lobuche in the Himalayas. Guided by blind adventurer Erik Weihenmayer and his team, the group, who represent nearly every branch of the military, risk everything to regain part of the lives they were meant to live before being ravaged by war. Emmy-winning documentarian Michael Brown directed the film produced by Don Hahn. Red Flag’s current and upcoming releases include Norwegian Wood, the upcoming #Regeneration and The Green Wave. Past releases include We Were Here and 8:The Mormon Proposition.
Red Flag Releasing Nabs 'High Ground'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jack Reacher 2' & 'Madea' Still Wrestling Over No. 1; 'Joneses' Opening Lower Than 'Masterminds' - Friday Night Update
Leonardo DiCaprio To Play Music Pioneer Sam Phillips; Launched Elvis, Howlin' Wolf, Johnny Cash & Jerry Lee Lewis
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher 2’ & ‘Madea’ Still Wrestling Over No. 1; ‘Joneses’ Opening Lower Than ‘Masterminds’ – Friday…
- Kevin Meaney Dies: Veteran Comic And Actor Was 60
- Ex-State Sen. Ron Calderon Sentenced In Film Incentives Bribe Case
- ‘Neruda’ Trailer: Life On The Run For Chilean Poet & Political Firebrand
- Time Warner Sale To AT&T Shows Distribution, Not Content, Is King
- ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand’ Lands On ITunes & Sets Global Airdates – Update