The LA-based indie distributor picked up the Boulder Film Festival winner, which it will release late summer this year. High Ground follows 11 Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans and one mother as they climb the 20,000-foot-high Mount Lobuche in the Himalayas. Guided by blind adventurer Erik Weihenmayer and his team, the group, who represent nearly every branch of the military, risk everything to regain part of the lives they were meant to live before being ravaged by war. Emmy-winning documentarian Michael Brown directed the film produced by Don Hahn. Red Flag’s current and upcoming releases include Norwegian Wood, the upcoming #Regeneration and The Green Wave. Past releases include We Were Here and 8:The Mormon Proposition.
Red Flag Releasing Nabs 'High Ground'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
ADG Awards: 'Birdman', 'Grand Budapest Hotel', & 'Guardians' Take Top Film Prizes - 'Game Of Thrones', 'True Detective Among TV Winners
More From Brooks
- Oscar Nominee ‘Timbuktu’ Heads To Theaters — Specialty Preview
- ‘Cake’ Cuts Piece Of Specialty Box Office Amid Holdover Contenders
- Jude Law & Scoot McNairy Plunge Underwater In ‘Black Sea': Specialty Preview
- All These Indie Oscar Noms At The B.O. — Does Anybody Care? Who Will Watch The Oscars?
- ‘Still Alice’ Stirs Up Weekend’s Specialty Box Office With Moore Performance
- ‘American Sniper’ Invincible In Continued Four-Theater Release; ‘A Most Violent Year’ Solid