CBS’ Monday lineup recovered nicely from the head-scratching ratings losses last Monday. How I Met Your Mother (3.8/10) was up 12%, 2 Broke Girls (4.0/10) and Two And A Half Men (4.1/10) were both up 5%. Mike & Molly (3.4/8) was even, while Hawaii Five-0 (2.8/7) was up 4%. There was good news and not-so-good news for NBC: It won the night in 18-49 (4.6/11) and total viewers (12.6 million), and The Voice (5.8/14) was down only a tenth from its fast national last week and up 23% from the same episode last year to rank as a dominant No. 1 for the night in all key measures. But at 10 PM, Smash (2.3/6) was down 18% from last week. While 2.3 is still a respectable demo rating at 10 PM, the drops of 26% last week and 18% this week indicate that the musical dramedy might still have ways to go before it bottoms out. Even worse, it dropped a big 26% from the 10 PM to the 10:30 PM half-hour. Smash lost the 10 PM demo race for the first time since its launch to Hawaii Five-0. ABC’s The Bachelor (2.5/6) held steady for a third consecutive week, while Castle (2.1/5) inched up a tenth. Fox’s House (2.3/6) and Alcatraz (1.8/4) were both down another tenth from last week for a fresh season/series low. Alcatraz has now been slipping steadily since its launch as it still searches for the bottom. The CW’s Gossip Girl and Hart Of Dixie were steady.
Ratings Rat Race: CBS Lineup Rebounds, 'Voice' Steady, 'Smash' & 'Alcatraz' Still Drop
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Lochte Teammate James Feigen Apologizes, Details Rio Gas Station Gaffe & Brazilian Authorities' Big Fine Demands
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
Vice's Shane Smith To Big Media: "Open Sh*t Up" Or Alienate A Generation; Predicts M&A Frenzy; Talks Disney - Edinburgh
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Delivers Fox News Channel’s Second-Best Town Hall Demo Ratings
- Britney Spears TV Movie In Works At Lifetime; Natasha Bassett To Star
- Jon Favreau To Direct Seth MacFarlane’s Space Comedic Drama Series For Fox
- Double Emmy Nominee Derek McLane on ‘Hairspray Live’, Lady Gaga And ‘The Wiz!’
- Viceland Taps Ex-NBC Late-Night PR Exec Marc Liepis As Head of Communications
- ‘Nashville’: Connie Britton No Longer Regular; Will She Leave Country Drama?