EXCLUSIVE: Jenny Lumet has made a deal to adapt The Language of Flowers, Fox 2000’s adaptation of the novel by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. Lucy Fisher and Douglas Wick are producing through Red Wagon Productions. The bestselling book is an inspirational story about a young woman who uses her gift for creating flower arrangements to express frustration from her past experience in the foster care system. Lumet, daughter of the late Gotham directing legend Sidney Lumet, made her screenwriting debut with the Jonathan Demme-directed Rachel Getting Married, for which she Lumet won the New York Film Critics’ Circle Award and was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award. She is represented by ICM and Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum Morris & Klein.
'Rachel Getting Married' Scribe Jenny Lumet Takes On 'The Language Of Flowers'
What's Hot on Deadline
Rashida Jones Praises Netflix For Backing "Risky" 'Hot Girls Wanted: Turned On' Docuseries - Sundance Studio
Latest Film News
- Rooney Mara, Jason Segel & Charlie McDowell On Their Journey To The Afterlife With ‘The Discovery’…
- ‘I, Tonya’ Finds Its Nancy Kerrigan In Caitlin Carver; McKenna Grace & Bojana Novakovic Also Cast
- ‘A Dog’s Purpose’ Dog Supplier, Handler Birds & Animals Unlimited Issue Statement As Tracking For…
- Hulu To Become First Stop For Streams Of Magnolia Pictures Films
- Guest Column: Oscars Are Black And White, But Not Brown
- FBI “Reviewing” Sundance Cyberattack