EXCLUSIVE: Jenny Lumet has made a deal to adapt The Language of Flowers, Fox 2000’s adaptation of the novel by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. Lucy Fisher and Douglas Wick are producing through Red Wagon Productions. The bestselling book is an inspirational story about a young woman who uses her gift for creating flower arrangements to express frustration from her past experience in the foster care system. Lumet, daughter of the late Gotham directing legend Sidney Lumet, made her screenwriting debut with the Jonathan Demme-directed Rachel Getting Married, for which she Lumet won the New York Film Critics’ Circle Award and was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award. She is represented by ICM and Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum Morris & Klein.
'Rachel Getting Married' Scribe Jenny Lumet Takes On 'The Language Of Flowers'
What's Hot on Deadline
Daniel Craig And Katherine Heigl Finalizing Deals To Join Steven Soderbergh's 'Logan Lucky' As James Bond News Surfaces
Lionsgate Standing Strongly Behind 'Nashville' And Looks To 'Power Rangers' As Long-Lasting Franchise
Latest Film News
- Bryan Cranston-Owned Cinemas Palme d'Or Wins Appellate Decision, Will See Cinemark In Court
- Peter Bart: While Networks Advance Their Reboots, ‘The Nice Guys’ Reboots Vintage Shane Black
- Sacha Baron Cohen Signs With CAA
- And The 2016 Women In Film Crystal + Lucy Awards Go To …
- Saban Films Acquires Zack Whedon’s Feature Debut ‘Come And Find Me’
- Alamo Drafthouse & Legion M Partner On Genre Entertainment Development Stream