EXCLUSIVE: Jenny Lumet has made a deal to adapt The Language of Flowers, Fox 2000’s adaptation of the novel by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. Lucy Fisher and Douglas Wick are producing through Red Wagon Productions. The bestselling book is an inspirational story about a young woman who uses her gift for creating flower arrangements to express frustration from her past experience in the foster care system. Lumet, daughter of the late Gotham directing legend Sidney Lumet, made her screenwriting debut with the Jonathan Demme-directed Rachel Getting Married, for which she Lumet won the New York Film Critics’ Circle Award and was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award. She is represented by ICM and Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum Morris & Klein.
'Rachel Getting Married' Scribe Jenny Lumet Takes On 'The Language Of Flowers'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- OddLot Bags Spec ‘Septillion To One’
- ‘Power Of The Dog’ Author Don Winslow Firms Sequel Book And Movie Plans
- Matt Lanter Boards ‘USS Indianapolis’ With Nicholas Cage; Two More Jump In ‘The Lake’
- Bill Block Slams “Ridiculous” QED Infringement Lawsuit
- ‘The Gift’ Trailer: Joel Edgerton’s Directing Debut Might Make You Rethink Nostalgia
- Ben Platt Joins Cast Of Ang Lee’s ‘Billy Flynn’s Long Halftime Walk’