EXCLUSIVE: Jenny Lumet has made a deal to adapt The Language of Flowers, Fox 2000’s adaptation of the novel by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. Lucy Fisher and Douglas Wick are producing through Red Wagon Productions. The bestselling book is an inspirational story about a young woman who uses her gift for creating flower arrangements to express frustration from her past experience in the foster care system. Lumet, daughter of the late Gotham directing legend Sidney Lumet, made her screenwriting debut with the Jonathan Demme-directed Rachel Getting Married, for which she Lumet won the New York Film Critics’ Circle Award and was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award. She is represented by ICM and Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum Morris & Klein.
'Rachel Getting Married' Scribe Jenny Lumet Takes On 'The Language Of Flowers'
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Damon & George Clooney Tell 'GMA' They Knew Harvey Weinstein Was An "A**hole" But Not A Sexual Predator
Latest Film News
- Anonymous Content Makes Long-Term First-Look With Michael Sugar’s Sugar23 Productions
- New Regency Sets Multi-Year Deal With Oscar-Winning Director Steve McQueen
- Orion Pictures Names Kevin Shelby To Marketing/Distribution Ranks
- Julia Roberts And Lucas Hedges Team For Black Bear & 30WEST-Backed ‘Ben Is Back’
- 1stAveMachine Launches New Talent Management Division
- Matt Damon & George Clooney Tell ‘GMA’ They Knew Harvey Weinstein Was An “A**hole” But Not A…