EXCLUSIVE: Jenny Lumet has made a deal to adapt The Language of Flowers, Fox 2000’s adaptation of the novel by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. Lucy Fisher and Douglas Wick are producing through Red Wagon Productions. The bestselling book is an inspirational story about a young woman who uses her gift for creating flower arrangements to express frustration from her past experience in the foster care system. Lumet, daughter of the late Gotham directing legend Sidney Lumet, made her screenwriting debut with the Jonathan Demme-directed Rachel Getting Married, for which she Lumet won the New York Film Critics’ Circle Award and was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award. She is represented by ICM and Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum Morris & Klein.
'Rachel Getting Married' Scribe Jenny Lumet Takes On 'The Language Of Flowers'
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox News Reveals "Smoking Gun" That They're Spying On Andrea Tantaros, Claims Ex-Host's Lawyer Amidst Sanctions Move By Newser
Latest Film News
- WGA Ratifies New Film & TV Contract
- Manchester Attack Updates: Six Arrested, Ariana Grande Suspends Tour & Tom Hardy Launches Fundraiser For Victims
- ICM Partners Ups Rich Green To Head Of Media Rights; Plumps Department
- Woody Harrelson’s One-Night, One-Take, Live Directorial Gamble Pays Off – Deadline Disruptors
- ‘The Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ Review: Johnny Depp And A Couple Of Oscar Winners Help Keep This Fun…
- Annapurna To Jump Start France, Italy, Japan Output Deals With ‘Detroit’ – Cannes