EXCLUSIVE: Jenny Lumet has made a deal to adapt The Language of Flowers, Fox 2000’s adaptation of the novel by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. Lucy Fisher and Douglas Wick are producing through Red Wagon Productions. The bestselling book is an inspirational story about a young woman who uses her gift for creating flower arrangements to express frustration from her past experience in the foster care system. Lumet, daughter of the late Gotham directing legend Sidney Lumet, made her screenwriting debut with the Jonathan Demme-directed Rachel Getting Married, for which she Lumet won the New York Film Critics’ Circle Award and was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award. She is represented by ICM and Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum Morris & Klein.
'Rachel Getting Married' Scribe Jenny Lumet Takes On 'The Language Of Flowers'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Power Rangers', 'CHIPS' & A Deep-Space Alien Won't Take This 'Beauty And The Beast' Down - Weekend Box Office Preview
Latest Film News
- Issa Rae Joins Bill Hader In ‘Empress Of Serenity’
- Joe & Anthony Russo Set Next Pic By ‘Swiss Army Man’ Daniels Duo
- No. 16 ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- ‘Room’s Lenny Abrahamson Lights Up FBI Siege Tale ‘Burning Rainbow Farm’
- Megan Mullally & Nick Offerman Snag Movie Rights To Bestseller ‘Lincoln In The Bardo’
- Denise Richards, Mischa Barton Star In ‘The Toybox’; Katrina Bowden & Kate Flannery Join ‘Fishbowl California…