EXCLUSIVE: Jenny Lumet has made a deal to adapt The Language of Flowers, Fox 2000’s adaptation of the novel by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. Lucy Fisher and Douglas Wick are producing through Red Wagon Productions. The bestselling book is an inspirational story about a young woman who uses her gift for creating flower arrangements to express frustration from her past experience in the foster care system. Lumet, daughter of the late Gotham directing legend Sidney Lumet, made her screenwriting debut with the Jonathan Demme-directed Rachel Getting Married, for which she Lumet won the New York Film Critics’ Circle Award and was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award. She is represented by ICM and Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum Morris & Klein.
'Rachel Getting Married' Scribe Jenny Lumet Takes On 'The Language Of Flowers'
What's Hot on Deadline
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Latest Film News
- 'The Meyerowitz Stories' Star Elizabeth Marvel On Leaving Her Comfort Zone For Noah Baumbach – The Contenders Video
- ‘I, Tonya’ Stars Margot Robbie And Allison Janney On Their Knock-Down Mother/Daughter Fights During The Film – The…
- Oscars: A Preview Of Foreign Language Shortlist Possibles From A World Of Cinema
- Fox Studio Lot Likely Staying In The Murdoch Fold Post-Disney Deal
- Warner Bros Settles $1B ‘Conjuring’ Suit; “Mastermind” Producer Unmasked
- ‘Suburbicon’ Costume Designer Jenny Eagan On “Old Schooling” Her Way To Eerie ’50s…