EXCLUSIVE: Jenny Lumet has made a deal to adapt The Language of Flowers, Fox 2000’s adaptation of the novel by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. Lucy Fisher and Douglas Wick are producing through Red Wagon Productions. The bestselling book is an inspirational story about a young woman who uses her gift for creating flower arrangements to express frustration from her past experience in the foster care system. Lumet, daughter of the late Gotham directing legend Sidney Lumet, made her screenwriting debut with the Jonathan Demme-directed Rachel Getting Married, for which she Lumet won the New York Film Critics’ Circle Award and was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award. She is represented by ICM and Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum Morris & Klein.
'Rachel Getting Married' Scribe Jenny Lumet Takes On 'The Language Of Flowers'
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
'Moana' Keeps Fire Going In Chilly December Weekend; 'Manchester' & 'Jackie' Bask In Awards Season Rays
Latest Film News
- ‘The Mummy’ Trailer: Watch The Franchise Rise From The Grave
- ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Bests $600M WW; ‘Moana’ Mints $177M; ‘Doctor Strange’ Ices ‘Deadpool’, ‘Iron Man 2’ – Intl Box…
- Los Angeles Film Critics Name ‘Moonlight’ Best Picture Of The Year
- British Independent Film Awards: ‘American Honey’ & ‘Under The Shadow’ Glow – Full Winners List
- Disney Sets Industry Record At Domestic Box Office; Crosses $4B Intl For First Time
- ‘Jackie' Bows With Year's 5th Best PTA – Specialty Box Office