EXCLUSIVE: Jenny Lumet has made a deal to adapt The Language of Flowers, Fox 2000’s adaptation of the novel by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. Lucy Fisher and Douglas Wick are producing through Red Wagon Productions. The bestselling book is an inspirational story about a young woman who uses her gift for creating flower arrangements to express frustration from her past experience in the foster care system. Lumet, daughter of the late Gotham directing legend Sidney Lumet, made her screenwriting debut with the Jonathan Demme-directed Rachel Getting Married, for which she Lumet won the New York Film Critics’ Circle Award and was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award. She is represented by ICM and Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum Morris & Klein.
'Rachel Getting Married' Scribe Jenny Lumet Takes On 'The Language Of Flowers'
What's Hot on Deadline
WGA Awards: 'Spotlight' & 'The Big Short' Take Marquee Film Honors; 'Mad Men', 'Veep' & 'Mr. Robot' Top TV - Full List
Latest Film News
- WGA Awards: ‘Spotlight’ & ‘The Big Short’ Take Marquee Film Honors; ‘Mad Men’, ‘Veep’ & ‘Mr. Robot’ Top TV…
- Deadline’s 2016 WGA Awards Live Blog
- Paramount Closes Domestic Deal For George Clooney’s ‘Suburbicon’- Berlin
- Vertical Entertainment Catches Worldwide Rights To Baseball Pic ‘Undrafted’
- Nigel Lythgoe To Exec Produce Dance Pic ‘Tackling Romeo’ – Berlin
- Focus Features Makes Big Berlin Deal; $9 Million For Interracial Marriage Drama ‘Loving’