EXCLUSIVE: Jenny Lumet has made a deal to adapt The Language of Flowers, Fox 2000’s adaptation of the novel by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. Lucy Fisher and Douglas Wick are producing through Red Wagon Productions. The bestselling book is an inspirational story about a young woman who uses her gift for creating flower arrangements to express frustration from her past experience in the foster care system. Lumet, daughter of the late Gotham directing legend Sidney Lumet, made her screenwriting debut with the Jonathan Demme-directed Rachel Getting Married, for which she Lumet won the New York Film Critics’ Circle Award and was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award. She is represented by ICM and Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum Morris & Klein.
'Rachel Getting Married' Scribe Jenny Lumet Takes On 'The Language Of Flowers'
What's Hot on Deadline
FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series 'Feud', Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford v Davis
X Japan Docu 'We Are X' Picked Up By Mongrel International; Simon West Attached To Helm 'War Wolf' - Cannes
20th Century Fox Taps BOOM! Superhero Tale 'Irredeemable'; Adam McKay Helms, Tommy Wirkola Scripting
Latest Film News
- 'Star Wars' Han Solo Film: Alden Ehrenreich Lands The Lead
- ‘Being Charlie’ Clip: Director Rob Reiner’s Personal Film Written By His Son
- Helen Hunt Reteams With ‘Soul Surfer’ Helmer For Sports Tale ‘Live Like Line’
- Petition Calling For SAG Pension Plan Audit Nets 1,000 Signatures
- ‘Supergirl’s Melissa Benoist, 2 Others Join Boston Marathon Bombing Film ‘Patriots Day’
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Directors Joe & Anthony Russo On Their Strange Road To Marvel Mavens…