EXCLUSIVE: Jenny Lumet has made a deal to adapt The Language of Flowers, Fox 2000’s adaptation of the novel by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. Lucy Fisher and Douglas Wick are producing through Red Wagon Productions. The bestselling book is an inspirational story about a young woman who uses her gift for creating flower arrangements to express frustration from her past experience in the foster care system. Lumet, daughter of the late Gotham directing legend Sidney Lumet, made her screenwriting debut with the Jonathan Demme-directed Rachel Getting Married, for which she Lumet won the New York Film Critics’ Circle Award and was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award. She is represented by ICM and Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum Morris & Klein.
'Rachel Getting Married' Scribe Jenny Lumet Takes On 'The Language Of Flowers'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Adam Sandler To Star In Film Quartet For Netflix, Which Continues To Thumb Nose At Theaters
- Warner Bros Connects With iPhone Salesman/Scribe's Pitch For 'I Am Legend' Reboot
- David O Russell Gets 2-Picture Deal With Megan Ellison's Annapurna
- Ice Cube Pitch 'Rocky Mountain High' In Bidding Battle
- Neil Diamond Signs With WME, First Agency In Three Decades
- Sony Pictures Wins 'The West', Mythology-Produced Pitch