EXCLUSIVE: Jenny Lumet has made a deal to adapt The Language of Flowers, Fox 2000’s adaptation of the novel by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. Lucy Fisher and Douglas Wick are producing through Red Wagon Productions. The bestselling book is an inspirational story about a young woman who uses her gift for creating flower arrangements to express frustration from her past experience in the foster care system. Lumet, daughter of the late Gotham directing legend Sidney Lumet, made her screenwriting debut with the Jonathan Demme-directed Rachel Getting Married, for which she Lumet won the New York Film Critics’ Circle Award and was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award. She is represented by ICM and Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum Morris & Klein.
'Rachel Getting Married' Scribe Jenny Lumet Takes On 'The Language Of Flowers'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Steve Carell, Charlie Kaufman Lock 'I.Q. 83′; Viral Outbreak Dumbs Down World
- 'John Wick' Partners PalmStar & Thunder Road Make $200 Million Slate Financing Deal
- 'Sirens' Star Jessica McNamee Signs With Inspire
- Why Did Stephen Hawking Film 'Theory Of Everything' Take A Decade? Scribe Anthony McCarten Explains
- 'Star Wars Episode VII' Lead Daisy Ridley Signs With CAA
- James Wan Back At New Line For 'The Conjuring 2′ And Overall Producing Deal