EXCLUSIVE: Jenny Lumet has made a deal to adapt The Language of Flowers, Fox 2000’s adaptation of the novel by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. Lucy Fisher and Douglas Wick are producing through Red Wagon Productions. The bestselling book is an inspirational story about a young woman who uses her gift for creating flower arrangements to express frustration from her past experience in the foster care system. Lumet, daughter of the late Gotham directing legend Sidney Lumet, made her screenwriting debut with the Jonathan Demme-directed Rachel Getting Married, for which she Lumet won the New York Film Critics’ Circle Award and was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award. She is represented by ICM and Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum Morris & Klein.
'Rachel Getting Married' Scribe Jenny Lumet Takes On 'The Language Of Flowers'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- New Line Sets ‘How To Be Single’ Cast
- Woody Allen’s Latest Movie Gets A Title And Sony Classics Deal
- Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions Pre-Buys Rights To Chloe Moretz-Ansel Elgort-Starrer ‘November Criminals’
- Nicolas Winding Refn Sets Abbey Lee To Star In ‘Neon Demon’
- CBS Films Acquires Spec ‘Senior Year’
- Magnolia Howls For ‘The Wolfpack’ – Sundance