EXCLUSIVE: Jenny Lumet has made a deal to adapt The Language of Flowers, Fox 2000’s adaptation of the novel by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. Lucy Fisher and Douglas Wick are producing through Red Wagon Productions. The bestselling book is an inspirational story about a young woman who uses her gift for creating flower arrangements to express frustration from her past experience in the foster care system. Lumet, daughter of the late Gotham directing legend Sidney Lumet, made her screenwriting debut with the Jonathan Demme-directed Rachel Getting Married, for which she Lumet won the New York Film Critics’ Circle Award and was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award. She is represented by ICM and Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum Morris & Klein.
'Rachel Getting Married' Scribe Jenny Lumet Takes On 'The Language Of Flowers'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Latest Film News
- Lauren Holly To Star In Indie ‘Ultra Low’; Mollee Gray Set For ‘The Favorite’
- 'The Predator' Cast Photo: Sterling K. Brown, Olivia Munn & More Get Ready To Hunt Aliens
- ‘King Arthur: Legend of the Sword’ Trailer: Charlie Hunnam & Jude Law Go To War
- Oscars Security 2017: The Donald Trump Factor
- Holdovers Reign Over Presidents Day Weekend, But Why Did The New Releases Tank? – Monday Update
- First Sarah Jones Safety Grant Awarded On Third Year Mark Of Her Death