EXCLUSIVE: Jenny Lumet has made a deal to adapt The Language of Flowers, Fox 2000’s adaptation of the novel by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. Lucy Fisher and Douglas Wick are producing through Red Wagon Productions. The bestselling book is an inspirational story about a young woman who uses her gift for creating flower arrangements to express frustration from her past experience in the foster care system. Lumet, daughter of the late Gotham directing legend Sidney Lumet, made her screenwriting debut with the Jonathan Demme-directed Rachel Getting Married, for which she Lumet won the New York Film Critics’ Circle Award and was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award. She is represented by ICM and Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum Morris & Klein.
'Rachel Getting Married' Scribe Jenny Lumet Takes On 'The Language Of Flowers'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
Latest Film News
- New Tax Credits Boost Filming In L.A. In Q3
- Jack Huston & Jennifer Aniston Join War Pic ‘The Yellow Birds’
- Robert Wagner Joins Sci-Fi Thriller ‘What Happened To Monday’; ‘Little Pink House’ Adds Jeanne Tripplehorn & Callum…
- Blake Jenner Joins Hailee Steinfeld In STX Coming-Of-Age Drama
- Matt Phelps Tapped For Ubisoft Motion Pictures VP Role As L.A. Office Opens Doors
- Alchemy Expands Exec Roles For Brooke Ford & Jeff Deutchman