The film version of Weak Species is based on writings by outlaw author Dennis Cooper. The film will be produced by TLA Releasing president Derek Curl. Weak Species centers on three high school rivals and their dangerous gravitation toward sex and obsession, leading to a life-or-death situation at the hands of a terrifying stranger. The full-length feature is adapted from the award-winning USC thesis film by writer-director Dan Faltz. Curl’s producing credits include Hatchet II, Stake Land and The Inkeepers.
Pre-Buy Rights To 'Weak Species' Nabbed by TLA Releasing
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $22M During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations
- Female Animators Pen Open Letter Demanding End To Sexual Harassment
- ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Review: Third Time Is The Comic (Book) Charm For Marvel Franchise
- Oscars: Deadline’s Pete Hammond & Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil On Ever-Changing Awards Landscape With Harvey Out And…