Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman (Capote) is in final negotiations to star in Dutch director Anton Corbijn’s thriller A Most Wanted Man. FilmNation Entertainment will handle international sales for the title at the upcoming European Film Market in Berlin. Adapted by Andrew Bovell (Edge Of Darkness) from a spy novel by John le Carré, the story centers on a Chechen/Russian Muslim who illegally immigrates to Hamburg where he gets caught up in the international war on terror. Hoffman will play a rogue chief of a German spy unit who tries to put together the mystery over his arrival. Gail Egan and Andrea Calderwood under their Potboiler Productions banner, Stephen and Simon Cornwell under Ink Factory and Malte Grunert under Amusement Park Film will be producing. Tessa Ross will executive produce for Film4. FilmNation Entertainment was founded in 2008 by veteran international sales executive Glen Basner.
Philip Seymour Hoffman In Final Talks for 'A Most Wanted Man'
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
TV Upfronts 2017 Schedule: Fewer Agency Parties Amid WGA Strike Fears; CBS Tackles Unexpected Vacancy
Latest Film News
- Jeff Goldblum Books Return Trip To ‘Jurassic World’ Sequel
- WGA Contract Talks Over For The Day, Will Resume Wednesday – Update
- Universal’s ‘Half To Death’ & ‘The Snowman’ Swap Slots; ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Moves Off 2017 Schedule…
- Netflix Picks Up Alfre Woodard-Starring Drama ‘Juanita’
- Will Smith In Talks To Join Ang Lee For ‘Gemini Man’
- Madonna Criticizes Unauthorized Biopic ‘Blonde Ambition’