Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman (Capote) is in final negotiations to star in Dutch director Anton Corbijn’s thriller A Most Wanted Man. FilmNation Entertainment will handle international sales for the title at the upcoming European Film Market in Berlin. Adapted by Andrew Bovell (Edge Of Darkness) from a spy novel by John le Carré, the story centers on a Chechen/Russian Muslim who illegally immigrates to Hamburg where he gets caught up in the international war on terror. Hoffman will play a rogue chief of a German spy unit who tries to put together the mystery over his arrival. Gail Egan and Andrea Calderwood under their Potboiler Productions banner, Stephen and Simon Cornwell under Ink Factory and Malte Grunert under Amusement Park Film will be producing. Tessa Ross will executive produce for Film4. FilmNation Entertainment was founded in 2008 by veteran international sales executive Glen Basner.
Philip Seymour Hoffman In Final Talks for 'A Most Wanted Man'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Brooks
- Specialty B.O. Preview: 'Love Is Strange', 'Are You Here', 'To Be Takei', 'Winter In The Blood', 'The Olivia Experiment'…
- 'The Trip To Italy' Favoloso In Specialty Box Office Debut
- Specialty Box Office Preview: 'The Trip To Italy', 'Frank', 'Jealousy', 'Life After Beth', 'Fort McCoy'
- James Cameron's 'Deepsea Challenge 3D' Can't Surface An Audience In Specialty Box Office Debut
- Specialty Box Office Preview: James Cameron Dives Into 'Deepsea Challenge 3D'
- 'Calvary' Prayers Answered At Specialty Box Office As 'A Most Wanted Man' Still Wanted In Expansion