Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman (Capote) is in final negotiations to star in Dutch director Anton Corbijn’s thriller A Most Wanted Man. FilmNation Entertainment will handle international sales for the title at the upcoming European Film Market in Berlin. Adapted by Andrew Bovell (Edge Of Darkness) from a spy novel by John le Carré, the story centers on a Chechen/Russian Muslim who illegally immigrates to Hamburg where he gets caught up in the international war on terror. Hoffman will play a rogue chief of a German spy unit who tries to put together the mystery over his arrival. Gail Egan and Andrea Calderwood under their Potboiler Productions banner, Stephen and Simon Cornwell under Ink Factory and Malte Grunert under Amusement Park Film will be producing. Tessa Ross will executive produce for Film4. FilmNation Entertainment was founded in 2008 by veteran international sales executive Glen Basner.
Philip Seymour Hoffman In Final Talks for 'A Most Wanted Man'
What's Hot on Deadline
California Wildfires: Santa Barbara Orders Mandatory Evacuations, Celebrity Homes Threatened— Update
'Coco' Sweet With $390M Global, Scores China Hat Trick; 'Justice League' Tops $600M WW - International Box Office
Sex, Drugs, Glamour, Emptiness: Bryan Singer's Teen Ex-Lover Bares All About Life In Director's Orbit
Latest Film News
- Boston Society Of Film & New York Film Critics Online Announce Award Winners For 2017
- ‘Coco’ Sweet With $390M Global, Scores China Hat Trick; ‘Justice League’ Tops $600M WW – International…
- Celebrities Praise Keaton Jones: Chris Evans Invites Bullied Boy To ‘Avengers’ Premiere
- British Independent Film Awards: ‘God’s Own Country’ Takes Top Honor – Full List
- ‘The Last Jedi’ World Premiere: ‘Star Wars’ Princess Carrie Fisher Remembered; Adam Driver Calls Pic “A Great Homage To Her”…
- ‘Ready Player One’ Author Ernest Cline Calls Movie A Cross Between ‘Willy Wonka’ And ‘The Matrix…