Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman (Capote) is in final negotiations to star in Dutch director Anton Corbijn’s thriller A Most Wanted Man. FilmNation Entertainment will handle international sales for the title at the upcoming European Film Market in Berlin. Adapted by Andrew Bovell (Edge Of Darkness) from a spy novel by John le Carré, the story centers on a Chechen/Russian Muslim who illegally immigrates to Hamburg where he gets caught up in the international war on terror. Hoffman will play a rogue chief of a German spy unit who tries to put together the mystery over his arrival. Gail Egan and Andrea Calderwood under their Potboiler Productions banner, Stephen and Simon Cornwell under Ink Factory and Malte Grunert under Amusement Park Film will be producing. Tessa Ross will executive produce for Film4. FilmNation Entertainment was founded in 2008 by veteran international sales executive Glen Basner.
Philip Seymour Hoffman In Final Talks for 'A Most Wanted Man'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pirates' Hopes To Make Waves Around The World With $230M+ Launch - Memorial Day Weekend Box Office Preview
Latest Film News
- STXfilms Buys Amy Schumer Pic ‘I Feel Pretty’: Cannes
- M. Night Shyamalan On Rediscovering His Groove With Micro-Budget Blockbusters — Deadline Disruptors
- Universal Wins ‘Salt To The Sea’ Auction: Neustadter & Weber To Write
- Peter Bart: Studios Bust Budgets Of Horror Genre, Hoping Monsters Will Be Monster Hits
- Disney’s Bob Iger On ‘Pirates’ Ransom Demand: “To Our Knowledge We Were Not Hacked”
- Lionsgate Q4 Beats Street With Higher Earnings & Revenue