Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman (Capote) is in final negotiations to star in Dutch director Anton Corbijn’s thriller A Most Wanted Man. FilmNation Entertainment will handle international sales for the title at the upcoming European Film Market in Berlin. Adapted by Andrew Bovell (Edge Of Darkness) from a spy novel by John le Carré, the story centers on a Chechen/Russian Muslim who illegally immigrates to Hamburg where he gets caught up in the international war on terror. Hoffman will play a rogue chief of a German spy unit who tries to put together the mystery over his arrival. Gail Egan and Andrea Calderwood under their Potboiler Productions banner, Stephen and Simon Cornwell under Ink Factory and Malte Grunert under Amusement Park Film will be producing. Tessa Ross will executive produce for Film4. FilmNation Entertainment was founded in 2008 by veteran international sales executive Glen Basner.
Philip Seymour Hoffman In Final Talks for 'A Most Wanted Man'
What's Hot on Deadline
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
FX Acquires 'Jumanji', 'Transformers', 'Murder On the Orient Express', 'All the Money In the World' & More Movies
Latest Film News
- Bradford Dillman Dies: Star Of Broadway, Film And TV Was 87
- Morgan Neville On His Mister Rogers Sundance Docu, New Netflix Series & Civility
- A New Day For Sundance Ride-Share Post-Uber Helicopter Fiasco As Lyft Pulls In
- Netflix Seals Deal For ‘Sierra Burgess Is A Loser’
- Stephany Folsom Tapped To Script ‘Toy Story 4’
- ‘Three Identical Strangers’ Clip: Sundance Docu Hits Into Rare Triple Play