Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman (Capote) is in final negotiations to star in Dutch director Anton Corbijn’s thriller A Most Wanted Man. FilmNation Entertainment will handle international sales for the title at the upcoming European Film Market in Berlin. Adapted by Andrew Bovell (Edge Of Darkness) from a spy novel by John le Carré, the story centers on a Chechen/Russian Muslim who illegally immigrates to Hamburg where he gets caught up in the international war on terror. Hoffman will play a rogue chief of a German spy unit who tries to put together the mystery over his arrival. Gail Egan and Andrea Calderwood under their Potboiler Productions banner, Stephen and Simon Cornwell under Ink Factory and Malte Grunert under Amusement Park Film will be producing. Tessa Ross will executive produce for Film4. FilmNation Entertainment was founded in 2008 by veteran international sales executive Glen Basner.
Philip Seymour Hoffman In Final Talks for 'A Most Wanted Man'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Seduces, 'The Circle' Broken By D+ CinemaScore, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty As 'Furious' Leads Listless Weekend
Latest Film News
- No Omerta As Coppola, Pacino And Cast Recall ‘Godfather’ Shoot – Tribeca
- Barbra Streisand Talks Filmmaking, Music & ‘A Star Is Born’ Clashes – Tribeca
- Palm Springs International Film Festival Sets January 2018 Dates
- ‘The Divine Order’ & ‘Hondros’ Take Tribeca Fest Audience Awards
- Climate March: Leo DiCaprio, Jane Fonda, Jared Leto Among Hollywood Voices
- ‘Reservoir Dogs’ Reunion: Quentin Tarantino Recalls When He “Knew Making Movies Was Going To Work Out”…