Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman (Capote) is in final negotiations to star in Dutch director Anton Corbijn’s thriller A Most Wanted Man. FilmNation Entertainment will handle international sales for the title at the upcoming European Film Market in Berlin. Adapted by Andrew Bovell (Edge Of Darkness) from a spy novel by John le Carré, the story centers on a Chechen/Russian Muslim who illegally immigrates to Hamburg where he gets caught up in the international war on terror. Hoffman will play a rogue chief of a German spy unit who tries to put together the mystery over his arrival. Gail Egan and Andrea Calderwood under their Potboiler Productions banner, Stephen and Simon Cornwell under Ink Factory and Malte Grunert under Amusement Park Film will be producing. Tessa Ross will executive produce for Film4. FilmNation Entertainment was founded in 2008 by veteran international sales executive Glen Basner.
Philip Seymour Hoffman In Final Talks for 'A Most Wanted Man'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Brooks
- 'Reach Me,' A Dozen More Reach Out To Specialty Film Audiences This Weekend
- 'Foxcatcher' Wrestles Away Specialty Box Office Crown; 'Birdman' Still Flying
- 'Foxcatcher', 'Rosewater' & 'Homesman', Oh My! — Specialty Box Office Preview
- 'The Theory Of Everything' Hawking Relatively Strong Box Office Debut
- Simple Physics: 'The Theory Of Everything' Is Specialty Box Office Whiz — Preview