Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman (Capote) is in final negotiations to star in Dutch director Anton Corbijn’s thriller A Most Wanted Man. FilmNation Entertainment will handle international sales for the title at the upcoming European Film Market in Berlin. Adapted by Andrew Bovell (Edge Of Darkness) from a spy novel by John le Carré, the story centers on a Chechen/Russian Muslim who illegally immigrates to Hamburg where he gets caught up in the international war on terror. Hoffman will play a rogue chief of a German spy unit who tries to put together the mystery over his arrival. Gail Egan and Andrea Calderwood under their Potboiler Productions banner, Stephen and Simon Cornwell under Ink Factory and Malte Grunert under Amusement Park Film will be producing. Tessa Ross will executive produce for Film4. FilmNation Entertainment was founded in 2008 by veteran international sales executive Glen Basner.
Philip Seymour Hoffman In Final Talks for 'A Most Wanted Man'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
ADG Awards: 'Birdman', 'Grand Budapest Hotel', & 'Guardians' Take Top Film Prizes - 'Game Of Thrones', 'True Detective Among TV Winners
More From Brooks
- Oscar Nominee ‘Timbuktu’ Heads To Theaters — Specialty Preview
- ‘Cake’ Cuts Piece Of Specialty Box Office Amid Holdover Contenders
- Jude Law & Scoot McNairy Plunge Underwater In ‘Black Sea': Specialty Preview
- All These Indie Oscar Noms At The B.O. — Does Anybody Care? Who Will Watch The Oscars?
- ‘Still Alice’ Stirs Up Weekend’s Specialty Box Office With Moore Performance
- ‘American Sniper’ Invincible In Continued Four-Theater Release; ‘A Most Violent Year’ Solid