Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman (Capote) is in final negotiations to star in Dutch director Anton Corbijn’s thriller A Most Wanted Man. FilmNation Entertainment will handle international sales for the title at the upcoming European Film Market in Berlin. Adapted by Andrew Bovell (Edge Of Darkness) from a spy novel by John le Carré, the story centers on a Chechen/Russian Muslim who illegally immigrates to Hamburg where he gets caught up in the international war on terror. Hoffman will play a rogue chief of a German spy unit who tries to put together the mystery over his arrival. Gail Egan and Andrea Calderwood under their Potboiler Productions banner, Stephen and Simon Cornwell under Ink Factory and Malte Grunert under Amusement Park Film will be producing. Tessa Ross will executive produce for Film4. FilmNation Entertainment was founded in 2008 by veteran international sales executive Glen Basner.
Philip Seymour Hoffman In Final Talks for 'A Most Wanted Man'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Suits' Spinoff Starring Gina Torres To Be Introduced In 'Suits' Season 7 Finale, Will Be About Chicago Politics
'Deadpool 2' Stunt Crash Victim ID'd As First African-American Female Pro Road Racer; Director & Fox "Deeply Saddened" - Update
'Logan Lucky' Review: Channing Tatum & Game Cast Steal Lots Of Laughs In Soderbergh's Directorial Return
Latest Film News
- Ric Reitz Re-Elected President Of SAG-AFTRA Atlanta Local, Continues Run Of Wins For Gabrielle Carteris Supporters
- New York Talent Agent Mark Schlegel Missing Since Sunday, Family Says
- ‘Logan Lucky’ Review: Channing Tatum & Game Cast Steal Lots Of Laughs In Soderbergh’s…
- ‘Gravity’ Helmer Alfonso Cuaron Exits WME; Anonymous Content Will Be Primary Rep
- Damien Chazelle Joins Twitter To Voice Opinion About Trump Administration, Political Climate
- Shawn Christian, Lou Ferrigno Jr., Sabina Gadecki & More Cast In Indie Film ‘Trapped’