Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman (Capote) is in final negotiations to star in Dutch director Anton Corbijn’s thriller A Most Wanted Man. FilmNation Entertainment will handle international sales for the title at the upcoming European Film Market in Berlin. Adapted by Andrew Bovell (Edge Of Darkness) from a spy novel by John le Carré, the story centers on a Chechen/Russian Muslim who illegally immigrates to Hamburg where he gets caught up in the international war on terror. Hoffman will play a rogue chief of a German spy unit who tries to put together the mystery over his arrival. Gail Egan and Andrea Calderwood under their Potboiler Productions banner, Stephen and Simon Cornwell under Ink Factory and Malte Grunert under Amusement Park Film will be producing. Tessa Ross will executive produce for Film4. FilmNation Entertainment was founded in 2008 by veteran international sales executive Glen Basner.
Philip Seymour Hoffman In Final Talks for 'A Most Wanted Man'
What's Hot on Deadline
Roman Polanski On Netflix Impact On Moviegoing: "I Don't Think It's A Basic Threat For Cinema" - Cannes
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Lauds Certain Regard Jury For Spotlight On Native American Issues In ‘Wind River’ – Cannes
- Un Certain Regard Winners: ‘Wind River’s Taylor Sheridan, ‘A Man Of Integrity’, ‘April’s Daughter’ & More…
- A24 Hits The Festivals & The Oscars With Diverse Slate And Savvy Digital Marketing Strategy — Deadline Disruptors
- ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ Says Ahoy To $86.5M – Int’l Box Office Update
- Why ‘Pirates’ & ‘Baywatch’ Are Trudging Through Sand At The Domestic B.O. — Sat. AM Update
- ‘The Fate Of The Furious’ Expected To Cross $1B Tomorrow At Int’l Box Office