Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman (Capote) is in final negotiations to star in Dutch director Anton Corbijn’s thriller A Most Wanted Man. FilmNation Entertainment will handle international sales for the title at the upcoming European Film Market in Berlin. Adapted by Andrew Bovell (Edge Of Darkness) from a spy novel by John le Carré, the story centers on a Chechen/Russian Muslim who illegally immigrates to Hamburg where he gets caught up in the international war on terror. Hoffman will play a rogue chief of a German spy unit who tries to put together the mystery over his arrival. Gail Egan and Andrea Calderwood under their Potboiler Productions banner, Stephen and Simon Cornwell under Ink Factory and Malte Grunert under Amusement Park Film will be producing. Tessa Ross will executive produce for Film4. FilmNation Entertainment was founded in 2008 by veteran international sales executive Glen Basner.
Philip Seymour Hoffman In Final Talks for 'A Most Wanted Man'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Voltage Pictures Handling Foreign On Tupac Shakur Biopic ‘All Eyez On Me’ – AFM
- ‘All I See Is You’: Open Road Sets 2017 Bow For Blake Lively-Jason Clarke Thriller
- ‘Come And Find Me’ Trailer: Aaron Paul On A Wild Search For Love
- Move Over 007: Paramount Plans Pic Series On Brit Spy Alex Hawke
- Fox Animation Picks Up ‘The Girl Who Drank The Moon’ For ‘Kubo And The Two Strings’ Writer Marc Haimes
- ‘Doctor Strange’ To Cast Spell Over International Box Office – Weekend Preview