Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman (Capote) is in final negotiations to star in Dutch director Anton Corbijn’s thriller A Most Wanted Man. FilmNation Entertainment will handle international sales for the title at the upcoming European Film Market in Berlin. Adapted by Andrew Bovell (Edge Of Darkness) from a spy novel by John le Carré, the story centers on a Chechen/Russian Muslim who illegally immigrates to Hamburg where he gets caught up in the international war on terror. Hoffman will play a rogue chief of a German spy unit who tries to put together the mystery over his arrival. Gail Egan and Andrea Calderwood under their Potboiler Productions banner, Stephen and Simon Cornwell under Ink Factory and Malte Grunert under Amusement Park Film will be producing. Tessa Ross will executive produce for Film4. FilmNation Entertainment was founded in 2008 by veteran international sales executive Glen Basner.
Philip Seymour Hoffman In Final Talks for 'A Most Wanted Man'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Megan Fox & Josh Duhamel To Star In DDI’s ‘Think Like A Dog’
- ‘Motherless Brooklyn’ Building Fire Claims Life Of New York City Firefighter
- Cannes Nixes Press Screenings Ahead Of Evening World Premieres & Officially Bans Selfies
- Cate Blanchett Speaks Out On Woody Allen Allegations: “I Don’t Think I’ve Stayed Silent At All”
- Former BBC & FA Boss Greg Dyke To Replace Mike Leigh As Chairman Of London Film School