Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman (Capote) is in final negotiations to star in Dutch director Anton Corbijn’s thriller A Most Wanted Man. FilmNation Entertainment will handle international sales for the title at the upcoming European Film Market in Berlin. Adapted by Andrew Bovell (Edge Of Darkness) from a spy novel by John le Carré, the story centers on a Chechen/Russian Muslim who illegally immigrates to Hamburg where he gets caught up in the international war on terror. Hoffman will play a rogue chief of a German spy unit who tries to put together the mystery over his arrival. Gail Egan and Andrea Calderwood under their Potboiler Productions banner, Stephen and Simon Cornwell under Ink Factory and Malte Grunert under Amusement Park Film will be producing. Tessa Ross will executive produce for Film4. FilmNation Entertainment was founded in 2008 by veteran international sales executive Glen Basner.
Philip Seymour Hoffman In Final Talks for 'A Most Wanted Man'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest Film News
- ‘20th Century Women’ Trailer: Annette Bening’s Bohemian Maternal Facets
- ‘Fences’ Teaser Trailer: Denzel Washington & Viola Davis Enter Oscar Race
- Oscars: Italy’s Foreign Language Entry ‘Fire At Sea’ Also Will Be Pushed In Documentary
- ‘Magnificent Seven’ Lassos $59.3M Worldwide & Record $34.7M U.S. Opening For Antoine Fuqua – Monday…
- Molly Parker, Miranda July & Newcomer Helena Howard Topline Indie Pic ‘Movie No. 1’
- L.A. OKs 17% Fee Hike For On-Location Fire Safety Officers