Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman (Capote) is in final negotiations to star in Dutch director Anton Corbijn’s thriller A Most Wanted Man. FilmNation Entertainment will handle international sales for the title at the upcoming European Film Market in Berlin. Adapted by Andrew Bovell (Edge Of Darkness) from a spy novel by John le Carré, the story centers on a Chechen/Russian Muslim who illegally immigrates to Hamburg where he gets caught up in the international war on terror. Hoffman will play a rogue chief of a German spy unit who tries to put together the mystery over his arrival. Gail Egan and Andrea Calderwood under their Potboiler Productions banner, Stephen and Simon Cornwell under Ink Factory and Malte Grunert under Amusement Park Film will be producing. Tessa Ross will executive produce for Film4. FilmNation Entertainment was founded in 2008 by veteran international sales executive Glen Basner.
Philip Seymour Hoffman In Final Talks for 'A Most Wanted Man'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest Film News
- Sen. Kamala Harris At CAA Take Action Day: We Are In “The Post-11/8 Era”
- Peter Bart: Gay Talese’s Famed “Frank Sinatra Has A Cold” Becomes Hot Movie Project
- ‘Nightwing’ Next Up To Bat As Warner Bros DC Pic
- CAA Take Action Day: Barbara Boxer On Meryl Streep, Kevin McCarthy On The Question Trump Asked Him Four Times
- Matt Ross To Direct TriStar’s Futuristic Crime Thriller ‘Tomorrow And Tomorrow’
- Charlize Theron & Seth Rogen Topline Comedy ‘Flarsky’