Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman (Capote) is in final negotiations to star in Dutch director Anton Corbijn’s thriller A Most Wanted Man. FilmNation Entertainment will handle international sales for the title at the upcoming European Film Market in Berlin. Adapted by Andrew Bovell (Edge Of Darkness) from a spy novel by John le Carré, the story centers on a Chechen/Russian Muslim who illegally immigrates to Hamburg where he gets caught up in the international war on terror. Hoffman will play a rogue chief of a German spy unit who tries to put together the mystery over his arrival. Gail Egan and Andrea Calderwood under their Potboiler Productions banner, Stephen and Simon Cornwell under Ink Factory and Malte Grunert under Amusement Park Film will be producing. Tessa Ross will executive produce for Film4. FilmNation Entertainment was founded in 2008 by veteran international sales executive Glen Basner.
Philip Seymour Hoffman In Final Talks for 'A Most Wanted Man'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Creed' Sets Tuesday Preview Record As Thanksgiving B.O. Heats Up, 'The Good Dinosaur' Isn't Far Behind
Latest Film News
- ‘The Good Dinosaur’ Review: Pixar’s Latest Isn’t Its Greatest, But Kids Won’t Mind
- Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman Says Sumner Redstone “Engaged & Attentive” In Response To Lawsuit
- Frank Gifford’s Family Donating His Brain To Medical Research After CTE Diagnosis
- Chris Messina & Tate Donovan Topline Indie Drama ‘Blame’
- ‘Star Wars’ An Art House Movie? Some French Exhibs Think So, Stoking Indie Producers’ Ire
- Deadline’s The Contenders: Cary Fukunaga & Abraham Attah On The Challenges Of ‘Beasts Of No Nation’