Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman (Capote) is in final negotiations to star in Dutch director Anton Corbijn’s thriller A Most Wanted Man. FilmNation Entertainment will handle international sales for the title at the upcoming European Film Market in Berlin. Adapted by Andrew Bovell (Edge Of Darkness) from a spy novel by John le Carré, the story centers on a Chechen/Russian Muslim who illegally immigrates to Hamburg where he gets caught up in the international war on terror. Hoffman will play a rogue chief of a German spy unit who tries to put together the mystery over his arrival. Gail Egan and Andrea Calderwood under their Potboiler Productions banner, Stephen and Simon Cornwell under Ink Factory and Malte Grunert under Amusement Park Film will be producing. Tessa Ross will executive produce for Film4. FilmNation Entertainment was founded in 2008 by veteran international sales executive Glen Basner.
Philip Seymour Hoffman In Final Talks for 'A Most Wanted Man'
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Fast & Furious' Animated Series Set At Netflix Based On Universal Movies As Deal With DreamWorks Animation TV Expands
Latest Film News
- Big Tribeca Deal: Apple Pays 7-Figures For Ed Sheeran Documentary ‘Songwriter’
- Verve Launches Publishing Division And Hires Lit Agent Liz Parker To Run It
- Margaret French Isaac Named President Of Denise Di Novi Pictures
- ‘A Quiet Place’ Screams No. 1, ‘I Feel Pretty’ Debut, ‘Super Trooper 2’ Siren Success…
- Tom Brady To Write Seth Gordon-Directed Racial Injustice Feature Film ‘Tulia’
- ‘Give Us This Day’ Filmmakers Talk The Overlooked High Crime In East St. Louis In New Docu – Tribeca