Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman (Capote) is in final negotiations to star in Dutch director Anton Corbijn’s thriller A Most Wanted Man. FilmNation Entertainment will handle international sales for the title at the upcoming European Film Market in Berlin. Adapted by Andrew Bovell (Edge Of Darkness) from a spy novel by John le Carré, the story centers on a Chechen/Russian Muslim who illegally immigrates to Hamburg where he gets caught up in the international war on terror. Hoffman will play a rogue chief of a German spy unit who tries to put together the mystery over his arrival. Gail Egan and Andrea Calderwood under their Potboiler Productions banner, Stephen and Simon Cornwell under Ink Factory and Malte Grunert under Amusement Park Film will be producing. Tessa Ross will executive produce for Film4. FilmNation Entertainment was founded in 2008 by veteran international sales executive Glen Basner.
Philip Seymour Hoffman In Final Talks for 'A Most Wanted Man'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Alice' Sees $65M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.6M; 'X-Men' Cumes $186M - Intl Box Office
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Monday AM Update
'The Carmichael Show' Star On Tonight's Donald Trump Fueled Finale, Bill Cosby's Trial, Season 3 & "Big Picture" NBC
Latest Film News
- Dwayne Johnson To Play ‘Doc Savage’ For Director Shane Black
- Pablo Larrain On The Long Road To ‘Neruda’, Crossing Borders & ‘Jackie’: It “Won’t Be A Classic Biopic”…
- ‘The Fundamentals Of Caring’ Trailer: Paul Rudd, Craig Roberts & Selena Gomez Hit The Road
- ‘Alice’ Sees $65M In Offshore Looking Glass; ‘Warcraft’ Scores $31.6M; ‘X-Men’ Cumes $186M – Intl…
- Holdovers 'Weiner,' 'Love & Friendship' & 'The Lobster' Strong: Specialty Box Office
- Sam Mendes: “I Think It's Time For Somebody Else” To Direct Bond