Based on Francesca Simon’s popular children’s book series, Horrid Henry: The Movie will head to North America via Phase 4 Films. The deal for the family comedy directed by Nick Moore includes U.S. and Canadian rights. Starring Theo Stevenson, Anjelica Huston and Richard E. Grant, Horrid Henry follows young delinquent Henry, whose every school antic is crazier than the next. Phase 4’s SVP Acquisitions Larry Greenberg and Director of Business and Legal Affairs Sam Posner negotiated the deal with Ben Roberts and Simon Osborn from Protagonist Pictures on behalf of the filmmakers. Phase 4, which will release the film under its kids and family label kaboom! Entertainment, is tentatively planning a day-and-date theatrical and VOD release. The film has grossed £6.6 million ($10.5 million) at the UK box office.
Phase 4 Films Takes Rights To Family Comedy 'Horrid Henry: The Movie'
What's Hot on Deadline
20th Century Fox Taps BOOM! Superhero Tale 'Irredeemable'; Adam McKay Helms, Tommy Wirkola Scripting
Latest Film News
- Alicia Vikander Launches Vikarious Productions; Sets First Project ‘Euphoria’ With Eva Green
- 'Star Wars' Han Solo Film: Alden Ehrenreich Lands The Lead In Spinoff
- ‘Being Charlie’ Clip: Director Rob Reiner’s Personal Film Written By His Son
- Helen Hunt Reteams With ‘Soul Surfer’ Helmer For Sports Tale ‘Live Like Line’
- Petition Calling For SAG Pension Plan Audit Nets 1,000 Signatures
- ‘Supergirl’s Melissa Benoist, 2 Others Join Boston Marathon Bombing Film ‘Patriots Day’