EXCLUSIVE: Actor-comedian Pauly Shore, who had a reality show, Paid Vacation With Pauly Show, on CMT, is back on the cable channel with a telefilm. The latest entry in CMT’s original movie franchise established a year ago, is Whiskey Business, starring the 1990s comedy star, which will premiere on March 25. The film, produced by Entertainment One, centers on self-proclaimed “Guido,” Nicky Ferelli, (Shore) who runs away from his mob-tied family when he is wrongly accused of murder, and ends up hiding out in a small southern town making a new and unusual variety of moonshine, while discovering that a country way of life could be the best thing that ever happened to him. “It’s heartfelt, and playing a likeable ‘Guido’ is a throwback to the old Pauly fans know from my earlier movies,” Shore said. Whiskey Business co-stars John Schneider and Tanya Tucker and also features Cynthia Preston, Brad Borbridge, and Nick Mancuso. CMT is the cable home of Shore’s 1993 hit Son In Law, which is one of the network’s top performers, “so to find a new vehicle to showcase his talent and popularity is an exciting opportunity,” said SMT’s SVP programming strategy Mary Beth Cunin.
Pauly Shore To Star In CMT Original Movie
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Parminder Nagra Cast In ABC Pilot ‘The Kingmakers’
- Matthew Lillard To Star In ‘Problem Child’ NBC Pilot
- ‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley To Star In ‘Broad Squad’, More ABC Pilots Add Cast
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast