EXCLUSIVE: Actor-comedian Pauly Shore, who had a reality show, Paid Vacation With Pauly Show, on CMT, is back on the cable channel with a telefilm. The latest entry in CMT’s original movie franchise established a year ago, is Whiskey Business, starring the 1990s comedy star, which will premiere on March 25. The film, produced by Entertainment One, centers on self-proclaimed “Guido,” Nicky Ferelli, (Shore) who runs away from his mob-tied family when he is wrongly accused of murder, and ends up hiding out in a small southern town making a new and unusual variety of moonshine, while discovering that a country way of life could be the best thing that ever happened to him. “It’s heartfelt, and playing a likeable ‘Guido’ is a throwback to the old Pauly fans know from my earlier movies,” Shore said. Whiskey Business co-stars John Schneider and Tanya Tucker and also features Cynthia Preston, Brad Borbridge, and Nick Mancuso. CMT is the cable home of Shore’s 1993 hit Son In Law, which is one of the network’s top performers, “so to find a new vehicle to showcase his talent and popularity is an exciting opportunity,” said SMT’s SVP programming strategy Mary Beth Cunin.
Pauly Shore To Star In CMT Original Movie
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'