EXCLUSIVE: Actor-comedian Pauly Shore, who had a reality show, Paid Vacation With Pauly Show, on CMT, is back on the cable channel with a telefilm. The latest entry in CMT’s original movie franchise established a year ago, is Whiskey Business, starring the 1990s comedy star, which will premiere on March 25. The film, produced by Entertainment One, centers on self-proclaimed “Guido,” Nicky Ferelli, (Shore) who runs away from his mob-tied family when he is wrongly accused of murder, and ends up hiding out in a small southern town making a new and unusual variety of moonshine, while discovering that a country way of life could be the best thing that ever happened to him. “It’s heartfelt, and playing a likeable ‘Guido’ is a throwback to the old Pauly fans know from my earlier movies,” Shore said. Whiskey Business co-stars John Schneider and Tanya Tucker and also features Cynthia Preston, Brad Borbridge, and Nick Mancuso. CMT is the cable home of Shore’s 1993 hit Son In Law, which is one of the network’s top performers, “so to find a new vehicle to showcase his talent and popularity is an exciting opportunity,” said SMT’s SVP programming strategy Mary Beth Cunin.
Pauly Shore To Star In CMT Original Movie
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Adds Valarie Pettiford, Ashton Holmes & Chiké Okonkwo
- ‘Before The Flood’ To Premiere Commercial Free Across Nat Geo Global Networks October 30
- ‘The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon’ Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run…
- Freeform Buys 'Bad Dates' Relationship Comedy From 'Veep's Timothy Simons
- Chris McCarthy Adds MTV Oversight With Promotion To President Of MTV, VH1 & Logo
- ‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Rise As Seahawks & Cardinals Game Ends In Tie