Paul Giamatti, Paul Rudd and Sally Hawkins are teaming to star in Lucky Dog, a comedy to be directed by Junebug helmer Phil Morrison. Shooting starts next month in New York City. The story centers on a pair of French-Canadian conmen pals who, despite being on the outs with each other, hatch a get-rich-quick scheme to sell Christmas trees in NY. Melissa James Gibson penned the script. Dan Carey and Elizabeth Giamatti are producing via their Touchy Feely Films. Sidney Kimmel Entertainment, GreeneStreet Films and HanWay Films are financing. Sidney Kimmel and Greenstreet’s John Penotti will also produce, with Michael Hogan and Jim Tauber executive producing. London-based HanWay is handling international sales starting here at the EFM with UTA repping the US. Other films on HanWay’s current slate include Seven Psychopaths with Colin Farrell, Sam Rockwell, Christopher Walken and Woody Harrelson; Great Expectations starring Helena Bonham Carter, Ralph Fiennes and Jeremy Irvine and the Dustin Hoffman-directed Quartet.
Paul Giamatti, Paul Rudd, Sally Hawkins To Star In Phil Morrison's 'Lucky Dog': Berlin
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Tom Cruise, 'Edge Of Tomorrow' Score Japan Cool Prizes; Bloomsbury Set Circled For 'Life In Squares'
- Hot Trailer: Marion Cotillard Has 'Two Days, One Night'
- Will Disney Take 'Pirates 5′ Down Under Using '20,000 Leagues' Tax Incentive?
- Intl Box Office Final: 'Turtles' Overpower 'Expendables 3′ In Russia; 'Dragon 2′ Takes Flight In China With $25.9M
- BBC One Renews Hit Crime Drama 'Happy Valley'
- UPDATE: UK Jewish Film Fest, London's Tricycle Cinema Reach Entente