Paul Giamatti, Paul Rudd and Sally Hawkins are teaming to star in Lucky Dog, a comedy to be directed by Junebug helmer Phil Morrison. Shooting starts next month in New York City. The story centers on a pair of French-Canadian conmen pals who, despite being on the outs with each other, hatch a get-rich-quick scheme to sell Christmas trees in NY. Melissa James Gibson penned the script. Dan Carey and Elizabeth Giamatti are producing via their Touchy Feely Films. Sidney Kimmel Entertainment, GreeneStreet Films and HanWay Films are financing. Sidney Kimmel and Greenstreet’s John Penotti will also produce, with Michael Hogan and Jim Tauber executive producing. London-based HanWay is handling international sales starting here at the EFM with UTA repping the US. Other films on HanWay’s current slate include Seven Psychopaths with Colin Farrell, Sam Rockwell, Christopher Walken and Woody Harrelson; Great Expectations starring Helena Bonham Carter, Ralph Fiennes and Jeremy Irvine and the Dustin Hoffman-directed Quartet.
Paul Giamatti, Paul Rudd, Sally Hawkins To Star In Phil Morrison's 'Lucky Dog': Berlin
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This. America's On A Roll!"
Latest Film News
- Steve Guttenberg “Moved” By Bill Clinton’s ‘Police Academy’ Love
- ‘Command And Control’ Trailer: Inside One Of The Cold War’s Tensest Moments – TCA
- ‘Suicide Squad’ Adds Ezra Miller’s The Flash To Mix
- Chris Evans Circling Lead Role In Lionsgate’s ‘Jekyll’
- Eddie Murphy’s ‘Mr. Church’ Gets Fall Release Date
- Paul Greengrass On Setting Up Jason Bourne For More Sequels, Jimi Hendrix