Cloris Leachman will play Mary Anne, the owner of a porn store, in director Scott Coffey’s Adult World. John Cusack, Evan Peters and Emma Roberts star in the film, currently shooting in upstate New York from a script by Andrew Cochran. The film centers on 21-year-old Amy Anderson. Convinced she is the next star in the literary world, she moves back with her parents to write poetry. But her parents force her to get a “real job,” and the only place that will hire her is an erotic bookstore called Adult World. Leachman, who won a Best Supporting Actress Oscar in 1972 for The Last Picture Show, is repped by Innovative Artists.
Cloris Leachman Set For 'Adult World'
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Brooks
- 'Birdman' Flies High Over Specialty Box Office With +$100K Per-Theater Average
- Bill Murray's 'St. Vincent' Bows Solid In Crowded Specialty Box Office; 'Whiplash' Finds Rhythm
- New York Comic-Con: PlayStation's 'Powers' Series Unveil First Trailer (Video)
- 'Whiplash,' 'St. Vincent,' 13 More Join Crowded Specialty Box Office: Preview
- Foreign Films 'Breakup Buddies,' 'Bang Bang' Solid In Specialty Box Office Bows