Oprah Winfrey, whose post-Academy Award specials were among the highest-rated episodes of her syndicated daytime talk show, is launching what likely will be an Oscar primetime special franchise on OWN. Oprah’s Oscar Special will air on February 15. This is the first time Winfrey has done an Oscar special on OWN. In addition to the special post-Oscar editions of her talk show, Winfrey did a couple of primetime Oscar specials on ABC, most recently in 2010. On them, movie stars interviewed other movie stars in a format that set the specials apart from ABC’s staple, Barbara Walters’ annual Academy Award specials. Winfrey’s OWN interview program resembles Walters’ specials, which ended their run in 2010 after 29 years. The two-hour OWN special, produced by Winfrey’s Harpo Studios, will feature Winfrey interviewing three of this year’s Academy Award-nominated actors: The Help‘s Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer and Moneyball‘s Jonah Hill.
Oprah Winfrey Starts Oscar Special Franchise On OWN
What's Hot on Deadline
Is Melissa McCarthy The Best R-Rated Comedienne Ever? She Makes Her Case In Red Band 'The Boss' Trailer
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- As Disney Junior Turns 5, Nancy Kanter Talks Boys Vs. Girls, Disney Synergies, Multi-Platform Challenges, Kids TV Future
- ‘The Simpsons’ Nancy Cartwright Launches Production Banner Spotted Cow With First Projects In Place…
- ‘Vinyl’s Terence Winter Talks Mick Jagger, Season 2 Plans, Olivia Wilde & Scorsese
- Colin Woodell Joins John Ridley’s ABC Pilot ‘Presence’
- Democratic Debates Rebound On PBS/CNN Simulcast, Scoring 8.03M Viewers
- Andrea Martin To Star In Tracey Wigfield NBC Pilot, Kimrie Lewis-Davis Also Cast