42 is the biopic of Jackie Robinson, the first black major league baseball player. Nicole Beharie will play the role of Rachel Isum, Robinson’s life love. Legendary Pictures will bring 42 to the screen. Last year Beharie starred in Fox Searchlight’s Shame with Michael Fassbender and Carey Mulligan. She also appeared last year with Mos and Jeffrey Wright on Broadway in John Guare’s Free Man Of Color. She made her film debut in Samuel Goldwyn’s American Violet and appeared in Universal’s Express. Beharie is represented by ICM and ATA Management.
Nicole Beharie To Play Jackie Robinson's Love In '42'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Destination Unknown’ Doc About Holocaust Survivors Picked Up By 7th Art Releasing
- Melissa Leo & Bill Pullman Seal Deals For ‘Equalizer’ Sequel
- Thriller ‘Don’t Sleep’, Alex Rocco’s Final Film, Scores Freestyle Digital Media Deal
- ‘Loving Vincent’ Premiere Gets Broadcast; Cornerstone Nabs ‘Apostasy’; Content Takes ‘Bees Make Honey’…
- Maya Rudolph Joins Melissa McCarthy In ‘The Happytime Murders’ At STXFilms
- ‘Five Came Back’ Helmer & Author Laurent Bouzereau Inks With WME