42 is the biopic of Jackie Robinson, the first black major league baseball player. Nicole Beharie will play the role of Rachel Isum, Robinson’s life love. Legendary Pictures will bring 42 to the screen. Last year Beharie starred in Fox Searchlight’s Shame with Michael Fassbender and Carey Mulligan. She also appeared last year with Mos and Jeffrey Wright on Broadway in John Guare’s Free Man Of Color. She made her film debut in Samuel Goldwyn’s American Violet and appeared in Universal’s Express. Beharie is represented by ICM and ATA Management.
Nicole Beharie To Play Jackie Robinson's Love In '42'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Being Evel' Producer Johnny Knoxville At Sundance: Daredevil Tales And The Price Of Pushing The Envelope
More From Brooks
- ‘Cake’ Cuts Piece Of Specialty Box Office Amid Holdover Contenders
- Jude Law & Scoot McNairy Plunge Underwater In ‘Black Sea': Specialty Preview
- All These Indie Oscar Noms At The B.O. — Does Anybody Care? Who Will Watch The Oscars?
- ‘Still Alice’ Stirs Up Weekend’s Specialty Box Office With Moore Performance
- ‘American Sniper’ Invincible In Continued Four-Theater Release; ‘A Most Violent Year’ Solid
- ‘The Grand Budapest Hotel’ Tops Specialty B.O.’s Top 10 For 2014