42 is the biopic of Jackie Robinson, the first black major league baseball player. Nicole Beharie will play the role of Rachel Isum, Robinson’s life love. Legendary Pictures will bring 42 to the screen. Last year Beharie starred in Fox Searchlight’s Shame with Michael Fassbender and Carey Mulligan. She also appeared last year with Mos and Jeffrey Wright on Broadway in John Guare’s Free Man Of Color. She made her film debut in Samuel Goldwyn’s American Violet and appeared in Universal’s Express. Beharie is represented by ICM and ATA Management.
Nicole Beharie To Play Jackie Robinson's Love In '42'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- 'Roxanne Roxanne’: Deadline's Sundance Series Panel Livestream
- ‘A Dog’s Purpose’ Producer & Author After Seeing Full Tape: Dog Was Not In Danger (UPDATE)
- Sundance: Watch ‘Nashville’S Connie Britton & Aisha Tyler Administer Oath At Women’s March…
- ‘Obvious Child’ Producer Votiv Films Hires New Development Head
- Uni/Blumhouse’s ‘Split’ Is A Hit With $33M To $34M; ‘Xander Cage’ Falls Down – Saturday…
- French Women’s Groups To Protest César Awards Over Roman Polanski Presidency