42 is the biopic of Jackie Robinson, the first black major league baseball player. Nicole Beharie will play the role of Rachel Isum, Robinson’s life love. Legendary Pictures will bring 42 to the screen. Last year Beharie starred in Fox Searchlight’s Shame with Michael Fassbender and Carey Mulligan. She also appeared last year with Mos and Jeffrey Wright on Broadway in John Guare’s Free Man Of Color. She made her film debut in Samuel Goldwyn’s American Violet and appeared in Universal’s Express. Beharie is represented by ICM and ATA Management.
Nicole Beharie To Play Jackie Robinson's Love In '42'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest Film News
- Costume Designers for ‘Lion’, ‘La La Land’ And ‘Jackie’ Find Their Threads
- Bernardo Bertolucci Says ‘Last Tango In Paris’ Rape Scene Backlash A “Ridiculous Misunderstanding”
- Emma Watson Inks With CAA
- As ‘Moonlight’ Is Feted, How Barry Jenkins Turned Struggle Into Success
- Jimmy Kimmel To Host The Oscars
- ‘Lion’ Roars With Best Adapted Screenplay Prize At Capri Hollywood Festival