EXCLUSIVE: Nickelodeon is moving ahead with production on scripted comedy pilot Bad Fairy. The multi-camera comedy, written and executive produced by Jed Elinoff and Scott Thomas (MTV’s My Super Psycho Sweet 16), follows the unlikely friendship between a rebellious teen fairy and an “adorkable” 14-year-old girl who form a bond as they help each other navigate the perils of both teenage and fairy life. Production on the pilot starts next week in Los Angeles. Eric Seaton, repped by Principato-Young and Preferred Artists, is set to direct. This is the second pilot greenlighted by Nickelodeon over the past month, along with the Jon Ross-created Marvin, Marvin, which stars starring Lucas Cruikshank as a quirky, intergalactic new kid in school who clumsily tries to adapt to his new life as a human teenager.
Nickelodeon Greenlights 'Bad Fairy' Pilot
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Andreeva
- Rainn Wilson To Produce Comedy Starring Vine Favorites, Including Curtis Lepore & Jerry Purpdrank
- Wanda Sykes Signs With UTA
- Literary Manager Stephen Marks Exits Evolution For Rain Management Group
- 'Chrisley Knows Best' Picked Up For Season 3, Holiday Special By USA
- Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'