Nat Faxon is on a hot streak. The actor-writer, who just won an Oscar on Sunday for co-writing The Descendants with his writing partner Jim Rash and Alexander Payne, just landed the title role opposite Abby Elliott in Fox’s single-camera comedy pilot Ned Fox Is My Manny (formerly Ben Fox Is My Manny), directed by Jake Kasdan. The project, from writer Dana Fox, 20th TV and Chernin Entertainment, centers on an uptight single mother Kate (Elliott) whose aimless older brother Ned (Faxon) moves in to help raise her daughter (Maggie Jones). Co-starring in the pilot is Lucy Punch. Faxon, repped by Innovative and Principato-Young, is a familiar face (and voice) at Fox. He co-starred on the network’s short-lived comedy Happy Hour and has voiced characters on animated comedies The Cleveland Show and Allen Gregory. Faxon’s writing partner Rash also is on a primetime comedy series, he co-stars on NBC’s Community.
Nat Faxon Lands Title Role In Fox Comedy Pilot 'Ned Fox Is My Manny'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Will Win Third Weekend Lap With $20M, But It's 'Baahubali 2' That's Surprising - Box Office
Director Jim Sheridan's Next: 'H-Block' Coming Together With Cillian Murphy, Jamie Dornan, Pierce Brosnan
Latest TV News
- ABC Buys Time Loop Mystery ‘Echo Point’ From ‘Good Neighbor’ Scribe & Safehouse
- ‘Z: The Beginning of Everything’ Star Christina Ricci On Presenting Zelda Fitzgerald’s Full Humanity
- WGA: “The Cost Of Settling Is Reasonable”
- ‘Big Bang Theory’ & ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Rise In Adjusted Ratings, ‘The Catch’ Down…
- Eden Gaha Exiting As Head Of Unscripted At Endemol Shine North America
- ‘Sweet/Vicious’ Canceled By MTV After One Season