Nat Faxon is on a hot streak. The actor-writer, who just won an Oscar on Sunday for co-writing The Descendants with his writing partner Jim Rash and Alexander Payne, just landed the title role opposite Abby Elliott in Fox’s single-camera comedy pilot Ned Fox Is My Manny (formerly Ben Fox Is My Manny), directed by Jake Kasdan. The project, from writer Dana Fox, 20th TV and Chernin Entertainment, centers on an uptight single mother Kate (Elliott) whose aimless older brother Ned (Faxon) moves in to help raise her daughter (Maggie Jones). Co-starring in the pilot is Lucy Punch. Faxon, repped by Innovative and Principato-Young, is a familiar face (and voice) at Fox. He co-starred on the network’s short-lived comedy Happy Hour and has voiced characters on animated comedies The Cleveland Show and Allen Gregory. Faxon’s writing partner Rash also is on a primetime comedy series, he co-stars on NBC’s Community.
Nat Faxon Lands Title Role In Fox Comedy Pilot 'Ned Fox Is My Manny'
What's Hot on Deadline
'NCIS' Current & Former Cast & Crew Remember Gary Glasberg: "Our Rock, Our Cheerleader, Our Team Captain" - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Dear White People’: Nia Long To Recur On Netflix Series
- FCC Delays Vote On Proposal To Promote Competition For Cable Set Top Boxes
- Jay Z Makes 2-Year Overall Movie & TV Deal With Weinstein Company
- Cecily Strong Does Not Appreciate ‘SNL’ Sketch Pitches From Fans, Sympathizes With Melania Trump
- ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars’ & ‘Finding Prince Charming’ Push Logo To Ratings Record
- ‘The Bachelor’ & ‘The Bachelorette’ First Seasons Among ABC App October Slate