Nat Faxon is on a hot streak. The actor-writer, who just won an Oscar on Sunday for co-writing The Descendants with his writing partner Jim Rash and Alexander Payne, just landed the title role opposite Abby Elliott in Fox’s single-camera comedy pilot Ned Fox Is My Manny (formerly Ben Fox Is My Manny), directed by Jake Kasdan. The project, from writer Dana Fox, 20th TV and Chernin Entertainment, centers on an uptight single mother Kate (Elliott) whose aimless older brother Ned (Faxon) moves in to help raise her daughter (Maggie Jones). Co-starring in the pilot is Lucy Punch. Faxon, repped by Innovative and Principato-Young, is a familiar face (and voice) at Fox. He co-starred on the network’s short-lived comedy Happy Hour and has voiced characters on animated comedies The Cleveland Show and Allen Gregory. Faxon’s writing partner Rash also is on a primetime comedy series, he co-stars on NBC’s Community.
Nat Faxon Lands Title Role In Fox Comedy Pilot 'Ned Fox Is My Manny'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Tyler James Williams Cast In ‘Criminal Minds’ Spinoff
- ‘Code Black’ Medical Drama From Michael Seitzman, Divorced-Dad Comedy Get CBS Pilot Orders
- ‘Togetherness’ Renewed For Season 2 By HBO
- Brianna Brown Returns To ‘Devious Maids’ As Series Regular
- eOne Television CEO John Morayniss Inks New Long-Term Contract