Nat Faxon is on a hot streak. The actor-writer, who just won an Oscar on Sunday for co-writing The Descendants with his writing partner Jim Rash and Alexander Payne, just landed the title role opposite Abby Elliott in Fox’s single-camera comedy pilot Ned Fox Is My Manny (formerly Ben Fox Is My Manny), directed by Jake Kasdan. The project, from writer Dana Fox, 20th TV and Chernin Entertainment, centers on an uptight single mother Kate (Elliott) whose aimless older brother Ned (Faxon) moves in to help raise her daughter (Maggie Jones). Co-starring in the pilot is Lucy Punch. Faxon, repped by Innovative and Principato-Young, is a familiar face (and voice) at Fox. He co-starred on the network’s short-lived comedy Happy Hour and has voiced characters on animated comedies The Cleveland Show and Allen Gregory. Faxon’s writing partner Rash also is on a primetime comedy series, he co-stars on NBC’s Community.
Nat Faxon Lands Title Role In Fox Comedy Pilot 'Ned Fox Is My Manny'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- 3 Arts Taps Magical Elves Exec Dunia McNeily As Manager
- Rob McElhenney & Rob Rosell Comedy Gets Fox Production Commitment
- Fox News Channel’s New Daytime Lineup Showcases Harris Faulkner, Dana Perino, Sandra Smith
- Fox & ‘Who Shot Biggie and Tupac?’ Producers Say Sorry Over Wrong Cop Photo Shown In Docu
- ‘Young Sheldon’ & ‘Good Doctor’ Debut To Strong Ratings As New TV Season Starts
- Pinewood Television JV Fully Acquired By Peter Gerwe’s StoryFirst