Nat Faxon is on a hot streak. The actor-writer, who just won an Oscar on Sunday for co-writing The Descendants with his writing partner Jim Rash and Alexander Payne, just landed the title role opposite Abby Elliott in Fox’s single-camera comedy pilot Ned Fox Is My Manny (formerly Ben Fox Is My Manny), directed by Jake Kasdan. The project, from writer Dana Fox, 20th TV and Chernin Entertainment, centers on an uptight single mother Kate (Elliott) whose aimless older brother Ned (Faxon) moves in to help raise her daughter (Maggie Jones). Co-starring in the pilot is Lucy Punch. Faxon, repped by Innovative and Principato-Young, is a familiar face (and voice) at Fox. He co-starred on the network’s short-lived comedy Happy Hour and has voiced characters on animated comedies The Cleveland Show and Allen Gregory. Faxon’s writing partner Rash also is on a primetime comedy series, he co-stars on NBC’s Community.
Nat Faxon Lands Title Role In Fox Comedy Pilot 'Ned Fox Is My Manny'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Nashville’: Connie Britton No Longer Regular; Will She Leave Country Drama?
- Aisha Hinds To Star As Harriet Tubman In ‘Underground’ Season 2
- Michael Phelps Dives Into ‘America’s Got Talent’ Co-Hosting Gig Tonight
- BBC America To Air ‘Star Trek’ Marathon In Runup To ‘Dirk Gently’ Premiere
- Vice’s Shane Smith To Big Media: “Open Sh*t Up” Or Alienate A Generation; Predicts M&A Frenzy; Talks Disney…
- Leslie Jones Attacked Online Again As Website Hacked, Info Exposed