The Night Circus is based on the novel by Erin Morgenstern about two young illusionists battling out their fathers’ longtime rivalry. Summit has picked up all worldwide film and TV rights. Buffini will pen the script to the romantic story. Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group published the novel, which has been on the New York Times’ bestseller list since October 2011. David Heyman and Jeff Clifford will produce the film via the Heyday Films banner. Richard Pine will executive produce. Buffini’s writing credits include Jane Eyre starring Mia Wasikowska, Michael Fassbender, Jamie Bell and Judi Dench; Tamara Drewe; and the upcoming Byzantium. Lionsgate Motion Picture Group production president Erik Feig and Summit creative executive Jeyun Choi will oversee the project for the studio. Buffini is represented by CAA.
Moira Buffini To Write 'The Night Circus' For Summit
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Jones' Parents Unveil New "Safety For Sarah" PSA, Tell Sundance "Never Again, Never Forget" - Video
We Called It: 'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Sells To Fox Searchlight & Indian Paintbrush For Record $12M - Sundance Update
More From Brooks
- ‘Cake’ Cuts Piece Of Specialty Box Office Amid Holdover Contenders
- Jude Law & Scoot McNairy Plunge Underwater In ‘Black Sea': Specialty Preview
- All These Indie Oscar Noms At The B.O. — Does Anybody Care? Who Will Watch The Oscars?
- ‘Still Alice’ Stirs Up Weekend’s Specialty Box Office With Moore Performance
- ‘American Sniper’ Invincible In Continued Four-Theater Release; ‘A Most Violent Year’ Solid
- ‘The Grand Budapest Hotel’ Tops Specialty B.O.’s Top 10 For 2014