Mira Sorvino is in final negotiations to star in CBS’ Jerry Bruckheimer-produced drama pilot Trooper. This would mark the first series for the Oscar winner, who had been approached for pilots several times over the years. Written by Aron Eli Coleite, Trooper centers on KJ Flaxton (Sorvino), a common-sense mother-turned-New York state trooper. Craig Gillespie is directing the pilot, which he is executive producing with Coleite, Bruckheimer and Jonathan Littman. CBS and Bruckheimer have had success with procedural dramas fronted by feature actors making their series debuts, including CSI, starring William Petersen, and its offshoot CSI: NY, toplined by Gary Sinise. Sorvino, repped by ICM and Untitled, will next be seen in Nancy Savoca’s Union Square, which premiered at the Toronto Film Festival.
Mira Sorvino To Star In CBS Pilot 'Trooper'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Criminal Minds': Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray Gubler Re-Up
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
'Wonder Woman' Promo Features 'Supergirl's Melissa Benoist, Chyler Leigh, Lynda Carter & Teri Hatcher
Latest TV News
- ‘Underground’s Jurnee Smollett-Bell On Finding Her Mama Bear Spirit – Next Generation TV
- Writer Michael Jamin Remembers Marsh McCall: “He Changed Many Lives For the Better”
- Stephen Colbert Wins 2016-17 TV Season In Late-Night, Taking On Donald Trump
- Director-Producer Julie Anne Robinson Inks Overall Deal With Universal TV
- ‘The President Show’: Comedy Central Orders 7 More Episodes Of Trump Talker
- Darren Star And Cast On Blending Love, Work & A Big Lie In ‘Younger’ – The Contenders Emmys Video