EXCLUSIVE: Michael Mann is in talks to develop to direct The Big Stone Grid, a cop thriller that Sony Pictures bought as a spec script last year by S. Craig Zahler. Michael De Luca, who’s on the Oscar circuit for Moneyball, is producing ths one. The script is a hard-edged thriller in the vein of Seven and Marathon Man, about two decorated detectives who uncover a terrifying extortion ring that operates within the secret underbelly of New York City. The plan is for Mann to do a pass with the scribe, but don’t be surprised if he relocates the action to L.A., where he made such crime sagas as Heat and Collateral. Mann is likely to next direct Go Like Hell, the duel between Ford vs. Ferrari for sports car supremacy in the 60s that he is developing at Fox. He’s also exec producing the HBO series Luck with David Milch. That series, which was renewed for a second season, is building into quite an interesting look at the world of horse racing at Santa Anita. Mann is repped by CAA.
Michael Mann Entering 'The Big Stone Grid'
What's Hot on Deadline
Margot Robbie To Produce Female-Focused Shakespearean Drama Series With 'Secrets & Lies' Producer & ABC Studios Int'l
Latest Film News
- Cannes Nixes Press Screenings Ahead Of Evening World Premieres & Officially Bans Selfies
- Cate Blanchett Speaks Out On Woody Allen Allegations: “I Don’t Think I’ve Stayed Silent At All”
- Former BBC & FA Boss Greg Dyke To Replace Mike Leigh As Chairman Of London Film School
- ‘Sherlock Gnomes’ Review: It’s No Mystery Why This Lazy Animated Sequel Is Just For Kids
- DOJ’s Lead Witness Against AT&T Knocks Time Warner Deal But Gets Grilled: “You Should Have Done Some Homework”…
- Actor Anton Yelchin’s Family Settles Wrongful Death Suit Against Fiat Chrysler