Your Film Fesival is a global competition produced by YouTube, Emirates, the Venice Film Festival and Ridley and Tony Scott’s Scott Free Productions. Fassbender will help select the Grand Prize Winner and co-executive produce the winner’s next film. Contenders will submit a 15-minute “story-driven video” of any format, style and genre to the YouTube site by March 31. After submissions are whittled to 50 semi-finalists, YouTube users will cast their votes, choosing 10 finalists. They will travel to Italy, where their work will screen at the 69th Venice International Film Festival and a Grand Prize winner will be named. Fassbender’s next film is Ridley Scott’s Prometheus. He won Best Actor in Venice for his performance in Shame.
Michael Fassbender Joins Your Film Festival
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Parkinson's & Robin Williams: Ex-Time Warner Chief Jerry Levin's Personal Reveal - Turning Tragedy Into Legacy
More From Brooks
- Radius-TWC Surprises With 'The One I Love,' Providing Theatrical, VOD Box Office
- Specialty B.O. Preview: 'Love Is Strange', 'Are You Here', 'To Be Takei', 'Winter In The Blood', 'The Olivia Experiment'…
- 'The Trip To Italy' Favoloso In Specialty Box Office Debut
- Specialty Box Office Preview: 'The Trip To Italy', 'Frank', 'Jealousy', 'Life After Beth', 'Fort McCoy'
- James Cameron's 'Deepsea Challenge 3D' Can't Surface An Audience In Specialty Box Office Debut
- Specialty Box Office Preview: James Cameron Dives Into 'Deepsea Challenge 3D'