He’s not an insider trader, but he plays one in the movies — and that’s what counted for the FBI’s new campaign warning investors about securities fraud. The agency enlisted Michael Douglas for a PSA that harkens back to his role as swindler Gordon Gekko in the Wall Street films. “The movie was fiction, but the problem is real,” Douglas says. Not quite an Oscar-worthy performance, but it gets the job done:
Michael Douglas Stars In FBI Campaign Against Securities Fraud
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Lieberman
- Now That He's At Carmike, Can Bud Mayo Lead Theaters' Alternative Content Revolution?
- Cable Milestone: Operators Have More Broadband Subs Than TV Ones
- Look Out Gannett: Carl Icahn Buys 6.6% Stake
- Warren Buffett Sends A Mixed Message To John Malone As He Buys Into Charter But Unloads Starz
- Citing “Insulting” Criticism, Comcast And Time Warner Cable Withdraw Funding For Dinner Honoring FCC Commissioner
- Televisa Partners With MiTu To Develop Spanish-Language Digital Content