EXCLUSIVE: Another Oscar winner is joining the cast of HBO’s Luck. Mercedes Ruehl has come on board as a series regular for Season 2 of the horse racing drama starring Oscar winner Dustin Hoffman. She plays Julietta Caligari, the mother of Renzo (Ritchie Coster), a role she originates in an upcoming guest appearance on the series’ current freshman season. Luck, from Michael Mann and David Milch, is a behind-the-scenes look at the world of horse racing and gambling’s denizens – owners, trainers, jockeys and gamblers. Hoffman and Nick Nolte, nominated for an Oscar this year, lead the cast of the series, which received a 10-episode second-season pickup last week shortly after its official premiere. Ruehl is with Innovative and manager Craig Dorfman.
Mercedes Ruehl Joins HBO Drama Series 'Luck' As New Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Lands 'Outlaw King'; David Mackenzie Directs Chris Pine As Robert The Bruce In Scottish Epic
Latest TV News
- Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred “You Wouldn't Be In The White House"
- ‘Bates Motel’ Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
- Aasif Mandvi Getting ‘Younger’; Robert Craighead Joins ‘Future Man’
- MTV Movie & TV Awards On Collision Course With Potential Writers Strike
- Bill O’Reilly “Set A High Bar,” Tucker Carlson Says In Debut In ‘O’Reilly Factor’ Slot
- Faye Dunaway Talks Feeling "Guilty" About Oscars Best Picture Snafu On 'NBC Nightly News With Lester Holt'