EXCLUSIVE: Another Oscar winner is joining the cast of HBO’s Luck. Mercedes Ruehl has come on board as a series regular for Season 2 of the horse racing drama starring Oscar winner Dustin Hoffman. She plays Julietta Caligari, the mother of Renzo (Ritchie Coster), a role she originates in an upcoming guest appearance on the series’ current freshman season. Luck, from Michael Mann and David Milch, is a behind-the-scenes look at the world of horse racing and gambling’s denizens – owners, trainers, jockeys and gamblers. Hoffman and Nick Nolte, nominated for an Oscar this year, lead the cast of the series, which received a 10-episode second-season pickup last week shortly after its official premiere. Ruehl is with Innovative and manager Craig Dorfman.
Mercedes Ruehl Joins HBO Drama Series 'Luck' As New Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest TV News
- Eliza Dushku Joins CBS’ ‘Bull’ As Savvy Lawyer This Season & Maybe Next
- ‘Ink Master’ Renewed For Season 10 At Spike
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’, ‘Genius’ & ‘Vietnam War’ Among Tribeca TV Fest Slate
- ‘The Knick’ Canceled After 2 Seasons As Cinemax Focuses On Action Dramas
- ‘Westworld’: Talulah Riley Promoted To Series Regular For Season 2 On HBO
- ‘Happy!’ Bobby Moynihan To Voice Title Character In Syfy Pilot