EXCLUSIVE: Screenwriter Matt Wheeler will adapt The Informant, the third in a series of novels by Thomas Perry.Sony tapped Wheeler who is a recent graduate of UCLA MFA screenwriting program where he was a BAFTA scholar and Samuel Goldwyn winner. Matt Tolmach will produce. Tolmach is also producer on this year’s The Amazing Spider-Man. The Informant revolves around a hit man avenging his father’s death and a Department of Justice official who wants to dismantle the mafia. The two become involved in a cat-and- mouse game when they realize they’re after the same people. Wheeler is repped by UTA, Management 360 and by attorney Barry Tyerman.
Matt Wheeler To Adapt Sony's 'Informant'
Trending Now on Deadline
Int'l Box Office Update: 'Guardians' Now 3rd Biggest Marvel Movie Ever; 'Dracula Untold', 'Gone Girl', 'Annabelle' Hold Well; Local Action In France, Mexico; More
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
Parents, Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized to Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
Box Office Weekend: 'Fury' Wins War With $23M+; 'Book Of Life,' $16.6M to $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M; 'Best Of Me' $10M+
More From Brooks
- 'Birdman' Flies High Over Specialty Box Office With +$100K Per-Theater Average
- Bill Murray's 'St. Vincent' Bows Solid In Crowded Specialty Box Office; 'Whiplash' Finds Rhythm
- New York Comic-Con: Netflix's 'Daredevil' Unveils New Cast Additions, First Images
- New York Comic-Con: PlayStation's 'Powers' Series Unveil First Trailer (Video)
- Foreign Films 'Breakup Buddies,' 'Bang Bang' Solid In Specialty Box Office Bows