Matt Dentler, head of content at Cinetic Rights Management-FilmBuff is headed to iTunes where he will be the Indie Film Partner Manager. He will relocate from New York to Los Angeles where he’ll take up the position beginning February 13 according to an email Dentler sent to clients. The move could signal a potentially significant shift for iTunes which has a studio-heavy roster. Dentler, a former head of the SXSW Film Festival before joining entertainment lawyer-producer John Sloss’ FilmBuff, has significant reach in the indie film scene. Dentler, who worked at CRM/FilmBuff for four years, declined to comment on his departure or his new position when reached by Deadline. His final day at the digital distribution outlet is February 10th.
iTunes Hires Indie Film Whiz Matt Dentler
What's Hot on Deadline
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings