Matt Dentler, head of content at Cinetic Rights Management-FilmBuff is headed to iTunes where he will be the Indie Film Partner Manager. He will relocate from New York to Los Angeles where he’ll take up the position beginning February 13 according to an email Dentler sent to clients. The move could signal a potentially significant shift for iTunes which has a studio-heavy roster. Dentler, a former head of the SXSW Film Festival before joining entertainment lawyer-producer John Sloss’ FilmBuff, has significant reach in the indie film scene. Dentler, who worked at CRM/FilmBuff for four years, declined to comment on his departure or his new position when reached by Deadline. His final day at the digital distribution outlet is February 10th.
iTunes Hires Indie Film Whiz Matt Dentler
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Golden Globes Nominations: 'The Shape Of Water' & 'The Post' Tops In Film, 'Big Little Lies' Leads TV
Latest Film News
- ‘Detective Pikachu’ Gets Summer 2019 Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Theater Owners Trade Group Has “Extensive Plans” For Kingdom’s Cinemas
- ‘Downsizing’ Golden Globe Nominee Hong Chau Tells How She Got The Role Of A Lifetime – The Contenders Video
- The Black List 2017 Screenplays: Post-WWII Tale ‘Ruin’ Is No. 1 – Full Rankings
- Oscars: Ten Live-Action Shorts Advance In Voting Process
- ‘Logan’ Director James Mangold: If Fox Film Fades Out Post-Merger, “That Would Be Sad To Me”