Matt Dentler, head of content at Cinetic Rights Management-FilmBuff is headed to iTunes where he will be the Indie Film Partner Manager. He will relocate from New York to Los Angeles where he’ll take up the position beginning February 13 according to an email Dentler sent to clients. The move could signal a potentially significant shift for iTunes which has a studio-heavy roster. Dentler, a former head of the SXSW Film Festival before joining entertainment lawyer-producer John Sloss’ FilmBuff, has significant reach in the indie film scene. Dentler, who worked at CRM/FilmBuff for four years, declined to comment on his departure or his new position when reached by Deadline. His final day at the digital distribution outlet is February 10th.
iTunes Hires Indie Film Whiz Matt Dentler
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Brooks
- Oscar Nominee ‘Timbuktu’ Heads To Theaters — Specialty Preview
- ‘Cake’ Cuts Piece Of Specialty Box Office Amid Holdover Contenders
- Jude Law & Scoot McNairy Plunge Underwater In ‘Black Sea': Specialty Preview
- All These Indie Oscar Noms At The B.O. — Does Anybody Care? Who Will Watch The Oscars?
- ‘Still Alice’ Stirs Up Weekend’s Specialty Box Office With Moore Performance
- ‘American Sniper’ Invincible In Continued Four-Theater Release; ‘A Most Violent Year’ Solid