Matt Dentler, head of content at Cinetic Rights Management-FilmBuff is headed to iTunes where he will be the Indie Film Partner Manager. He will relocate from New York to Los Angeles where he’ll take up the position beginning February 13 according to an email Dentler sent to clients. The move could signal a potentially significant shift for iTunes which has a studio-heavy roster. Dentler, a former head of the SXSW Film Festival before joining entertainment lawyer-producer John Sloss’ FilmBuff, has significant reach in the indie film scene. Dentler, who worked at CRM/FilmBuff for four years, declined to comment on his departure or his new position when reached by Deadline. His final day at the digital distribution outlet is February 10th.
iTunes Hires Indie Film Whiz Matt Dentler
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Comedy Pic ‘Poms’ In Works With Sierra/Affinity Aboard
- ‘The Fighter’ Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City’s Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
- New Line Sets Sequel To Fright Sensation 'Lights Out'
- Anne Heche Plays Killer’s Mom In ‘My Friend Dahmer’
- ‘The Life And Death Of John Gotti’ Cast Locked
- Ben Foster Rounds Out Scott Cooper’s ‘Hostiles’ Cast As Shooting Starts