Matt Dentler, head of content at Cinetic Rights Management-FilmBuff is headed to iTunes where he will be the Indie Film Partner Manager. He will relocate from New York to Los Angeles where he’ll take up the position beginning February 13 according to an email Dentler sent to clients. The move could signal a potentially significant shift for iTunes which has a studio-heavy roster. Dentler, a former head of the SXSW Film Festival before joining entertainment lawyer-producer John Sloss’ FilmBuff, has significant reach in the indie film scene. Dentler, who worked at CRM/FilmBuff for four years, declined to comment on his departure or his new position when reached by Deadline. His final day at the digital distribution outlet is February 10th.
iTunes Hires Indie Film Whiz Matt Dentler
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Brooks
- Oscar Hopeful Timothy Spall Heads To Theaters With Mike Leigh's 'Mr. Turner' — Specialty Preview
- 'Inherent Vice' Virtuous In Opening Atop Specialty Box Office
- 'Inherent Vice' Hopes To Nab Big Debut In Specialty Box Office
- Witherspoon's 'Wild' Opening Weekend Treks Into Solid Box-Office Territory
- Witherspoon's 'Wild' Released Into Specialty Theaters This Weekend
- 'Theory Of Everything' Expands With Gusto Amid Huge 'Imitation Game' Opening