EXCLUSIVE: ABC has cast its first ‘Maid’. Heroes alumna Dania Ramirez has been cast as one of the leads of ABC pilot Devious Maids, from Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry. Based on the Mexican format, the soap follows four maids with ambition and dreams of their own while they work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Ramirez will play one of them, Rosie, a single mother who left her son back in Mexico when her husband died, slipped into El Norte and now works as the housemaid/nanny for a pair of self-absorbed and successful actors. Ramirez, repped by ICM, Anonymous Content and Patti Felker, will next be seen in features American Reunion and Premium Rush.
Marc Cherry's 'Devious Maids' Casts 'Heroes' Alumna Dania Ramirez As First Lead
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Andreeva
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner