EXCLUSIVE: ABC has cast its first ‘Maid’. Heroes alumna Dania Ramirez has been cast as one of the leads of ABC pilot Devious Maids, from Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry. Based on the Mexican format, the soap follows four maids with ambition and dreams of their own while they work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Ramirez will play one of them, Rosie, a single mother who left her son back in Mexico when her husband died, slipped into El Norte and now works as the housemaid/nanny for a pair of self-absorbed and successful actors. Ramirez, repped by ICM, Anonymous Content and Patti Felker, will next be seen in features American Reunion and Premium Rush.
Marc Cherry's 'Devious Maids' Casts 'Heroes' Alumna Dania Ramirez As First Lead
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'