U.S. rights to Rob Reiner’s The Magic Of Belle Isle have been picked up by Magnolia Pictures. Magnolia plans a theatrical and VOD release in its Ultra VOD program in the summer. Starring Morgan Freeman, Virginia Madsen, Madeline Carroll, Kenan Thompson, and Fred Willard, the film revolves around Monte Wildhorn (Freeman) a famous Western novelist whose struggle with alcoholism has sapped his passion for writing. He takes a lakeside cabin for the summer in picturesque Belle Isle, and befriends the family next door including a single mother (Madsen) and her young daughters who help him find inspiration again. Magnolia SVP of Acquisitions Dori Begley and Head of Business Affairs Chris Matson negotiated the deal with John Sloss and Dana O’Keefe for Cinetic Media, and Martin Shafer of Castle Rock.
Magnolia Takes Rights To Rob Reiner's 'Magic Of Belle Isle'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest Film News
- Israeli Drama ‘Foxtrot’ Acquired By Sony Pictures Classics As Pic Wins 8 Ophir Awards
- Killer Of Fox Executive Gavin Smith Gets Max Sentence
- ADG Awards: Art Directors To Induct Ken Adam & Tyrus Wong Into Hall Of Fame
- Bron Studios Secures Revolving $50M Credit Line From Comerica Bank
- Will Paramount Replace Chinese Slate Partner With U.S. $$$? Dallas-Based Investors Circling
- ‘Fall In Love’: Will This Virtual Reality Program Make You Fall In Love?