U.S. rights to Rob Reiner’s The Magic Of Belle Isle have been picked up by Magnolia Pictures. Magnolia plans a theatrical and VOD release in its Ultra VOD program in the summer. Starring Morgan Freeman, Virginia Madsen, Madeline Carroll, Kenan Thompson, and Fred Willard, the film revolves around Monte Wildhorn (Freeman) a famous Western novelist whose struggle with alcoholism has sapped his passion for writing. He takes a lakeside cabin for the summer in picturesque Belle Isle, and befriends the family next door including a single mother (Madsen) and her young daughters who help him find inspiration again. Magnolia SVP of Acquisitions Dori Begley and Head of Business Affairs Chris Matson negotiated the deal with John Sloss and Dana O’Keefe for Cinetic Media, and Martin Shafer of Castle Rock.
Magnolia Takes Rights To Rob Reiner's 'Magic Of Belle Isle'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Chicago P.D.'s Jason Beghe Investigated By NBC For "Inappropriate Behavior" Amid Sexual Harassment Claims
Latest Film News
- 'Cries From Syria' Director Evgeny Afineevsky Defends Use Of Acquired Video For His Harrowing Doc
- ‘12 Strong’ Trailer: Real-Life Horse Soldiers Tale Saddles Up With Chris Hemsworth & Michael Shannon
- ‘Happy Death Day’ Reaps $100M+ At Worldwide Box Office
- ‘El Camino Christmas’ Trailer: Ted Melfi’s Dark Comedy Gets Netflix Premiere Date
- Gravitas Ventures Acquires Punk Rock Crime Drama ‘Bomb City’
- ‘Birdshot’ Director Mikhail Red On Spotlighting “Beauty In The Philippines”