The former Miramax and Weinstein Co publicity executive recently relocated to Los Angeles temporarily overseeing publicity at Screen Gems. She will remain in L.A. for her new position at LD Entertainment, where she will report to company president David Dinerstein. Previously, Berger was publicity SVP at FilmDistrict overseeing campaigns for Insidious and Soul Surfer. In addition to Berger, LD Entertainment has hired vet independent casting director Deanna Brigidi-Stewart as VP Casting. Brigidi-Stewart will oversee casting for all LD Entertainment properties. The company will continue to use outside casting resources for its slate of films. LD Entertainment’s slate includes William Friedkin’s Killer Joe starring Matthew McConaughey, which will have its U.S. premiere at SXSW; the horror film The Collection from Marcus Dunstan and Patrick Melton, the writers of Saw IV, V and VI, Disconnect starring Jason Bateman and Alexander Skarsgard from director Henry-Alex Rubin; and the thriller Black Rock, which was acquired at this year’s Sundance Film Festival. The company produced The Grey, starring Liam Neeson, and Albert Nobbs. LD plans to release four to six films in its initial year.
Liz Berger Named SVP Publicity At LD Entertainment
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest Film News
- Lionsgate’s Newly Branded Studio L Announces Debut Slate Of Digital Content
- Study: Hollywood Films Had Fewer Female Good Guys In 2017
- Idris Elba Eyes More Directorial Projects Following European Launch Of ‘Yardie’ – Berlin
- Jennifer Lawrence Blasts “Predator” Harvey Weinstein For Dredging Up Old Compliments
- Saudi Arabia To Invest $64 Billion In Entertainment Sector
- Karen Elliott Named VP Music Production At Warner Bros Pictures