The former Miramax and Weinstein Co publicity executive recently relocated to Los Angeles temporarily overseeing publicity at Screen Gems. She will remain in L.A. for her new position at LD Entertainment, where she will report to company president David Dinerstein. Previously, Berger was publicity SVP at FilmDistrict overseeing campaigns for Insidious and Soul Surfer. In addition to Berger, LD Entertainment has hired vet independent casting director Deanna Brigidi-Stewart as VP Casting. Brigidi-Stewart will oversee casting for all LD Entertainment properties. The company will continue to use outside casting resources for its slate of films. LD Entertainment’s slate includes William Friedkin’s Killer Joe starring Matthew McConaughey, which will have its U.S. premiere at SXSW; the horror film The Collection from Marcus Dunstan and Patrick Melton, the writers of Saw IV, V and VI, Disconnect starring Jason Bateman and Alexander Skarsgard from director Henry-Alex Rubin; and the thriller Black Rock, which was acquired at this year’s Sundance Film Festival. The company produced The Grey, starring Liam Neeson, and Albert Nobbs. LD plans to release four to six films in its initial year.
Liz Berger Named SVP Publicity At LD Entertainment
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Boyhood’, 'Grand Budapest', 'Lego Movie' Score Big At 65th ACE Eddie Awards -- Complete Winners List
Bryan Cranston & David Shore's ‘Sneaky Pete’ Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
More From Brooks
- Oscar Nominee ‘Timbuktu’ Heads To Theaters — Specialty Preview
- Jude Law & Scoot McNairy Plunge Underwater In ‘Black Sea': Specialty Preview
- All These Indie Oscar Noms At The B.O. — Does Anybody Care? Who Will Watch The Oscars?
- ‘Still Alice’ Stirs Up Weekend’s Specialty Box Office With Moore Performance
- ‘American Sniper’ Invincible In Continued Four-Theater Release; ‘A Most Violent Year’ Solid