Smallville star Kristin Kreuk is back at the CW in one of the most talked-about roles this pilot season: the female lead in the CW’s drama pilot Beauty And The Beast. Loosely based on the 1980s CBS series starring Linda Hamilton, CW’s Beauty And The Beast is described as a modern-day romantic love story with a procedural twist. It centers on Catherine (Kreuk), a tough-minded NYPD homicide detective haunted by witnessing her mother’s murder nine years ago and the killers’ quick demise at the hands of a Beast. After years of searching, Catherine finally finds the Beast, Vincent Koslow, the survivor of a military experiment that went disastrously wrong, and becomes the protector of his secret life as a superhero. Gary Fleder is directing the pilot, written by Jennifer Levin and Sherri Cooper. Levin and Cooper are executive producing with the creator of the original series, Ron Koslow, the original series’ producers Paul Junger Witt & C. Anthony Thomas, as well as Bill Haber. Canadian-born Kreuk, who played Lana Lang on the young Superman series Smallville, fielded interest from multiple pilots this season, including ABC’s Beauty And The Beast pilot executive produced by Fleder. Her post-Smallville series credits include an arc on Chuck. Kreuk is repped by Gersh and her longtime Canadian agent Russ Mortensen.
The CW Finds Its Beauty: 'Smallville's Kristin Kreuk To Star In 'Beauty & The Beast' Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- ‘Good Place’ NBC Comedy Series Casts William Jackson Harper
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar To Star In Fox Pilot ‘Pitch’
- CBS Comedy Pilot 'Superior Donuts' Casts Maz Jobrani
- Laura Dern To Star In HBO Death Row Drama In Development From Alex Gibney
- CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016
- ‘Outlander’ Season 2 Trailer: Is It Even Possible To Change The Future?