The Well-Digger’s Daughter is set for a June commercial run at New York’s Lincoln Plaza Cinemas and will expand to other major markets during the summer of 2012 via Kino Lorber. The film’s VOD and home video releases are set for later in the year. Screening in the European Film Market, the Daniel Auteuil directed film set in pre-WWII France is the story of Pascal Amoretti (Daniel Auteuil), a well digger who is forced to come to terms with his 18-year-old daughter’s early pregnancy. Well-Digger’s Daughter stars Auteuil (Caché) as well as Astrid Berges-Frisbey (Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides), Jean-Pierre Darroussin (Le Havre), Sabine Azéma (Private Fears in Public Places) and Nicolas Duvauchelle (White Material). The film will premiere in the U.S. at the upcoming 17th edition of Rendez-Vous with French Cinema, hosted by the Film Society of Lincoln Center and Unifrance. The acquisition was negotiated between Kino Lorber’s CEO Richard Lorber and Pathé International’s Executive VP, International Sales, Muriel Sauzay.
Kino Lorber Takes US Rights To EFM's 'The Well-Digger's Daughter'
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
Latest Film News
- Ryan Reynolds’ Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is ‘Clue’ With ‘Deadpool’ Scribes Reese…
- NEON Snags Rights To ‘Monsters And Men’ At Sundance
- 'Come Sunday' Director Joshua Marston On His Subject Having Faith In Him – Sundance Studio
- ‘The Rose’ Broadway Musical In The Works From The Jackal Group
- ‘White Fang’ Star Nick Offerman Enthuses Over Pic’s “Important” Environmental Message — Sundance…
- Jack Henry Robbins Continues Exploration Of VHS Format With ‘Painting With Joan’ — Sundance Studio