The Well-Digger’s Daughter is set for a June commercial run at New York’s Lincoln Plaza Cinemas and will expand to other major markets during the summer of 2012 via Kino Lorber. The film’s VOD and home video releases are set for later in the year. Screening in the European Film Market, the Daniel Auteuil directed film set in pre-WWII France is the story of Pascal Amoretti (Daniel Auteuil), a well digger who is forced to come to terms with his 18-year-old daughter’s early pregnancy. Well-Digger’s Daughter stars Auteuil (Caché) as well as Astrid Berges-Frisbey (Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides), Jean-Pierre Darroussin (Le Havre), Sabine Azéma (Private Fears in Public Places) and Nicolas Duvauchelle (White Material). The film will premiere in the U.S. at the upcoming 17th edition of Rendez-Vous with French Cinema, hosted by the Film Society of Lincoln Center and Unifrance. The acquisition was negotiated between Kino Lorber’s CEO Richard Lorber and Pathé International’s Executive VP, International Sales, Muriel Sauzay.
Kino Lorber Takes US Rights To EFM's 'The Well-Digger's Daughter'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Actor Neil Fingleton Dies: UK’s Tallest Man Was 36
- Hollywood Mourns Bill Paxton: “A Wonderful Man”, Says Tom Hanks
- Universal/Blumhouse’s ‘Get Out’ Now Grabbing A $30M+ Opening: Sunday Postmortem
- ‘Resident Evil’ Rocks China With Record $94.3M Debut – International Box Office
- Bill Paxton Dies: ‘Twister’, ‘Big Love’ Actor Was 61
- Spirit Awards: Casey Affleck Slams “Abhorrent” and “Un-American” Trump Policies – Watch