The Well-Digger’s Daughter is set for a June commercial run at New York’s Lincoln Plaza Cinemas and will expand to other major markets during the summer of 2012 via Kino Lorber. The film’s VOD and home video releases are set for later in the year. Screening in the European Film Market, the Daniel Auteuil directed film set in pre-WWII France is the story of Pascal Amoretti (Daniel Auteuil), a well digger who is forced to come to terms with his 18-year-old daughter’s early pregnancy. Well-Digger’s Daughter stars Auteuil (Caché) as well as Astrid Berges-Frisbey (Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides), Jean-Pierre Darroussin (Le Havre), Sabine Azéma (Private Fears in Public Places) and Nicolas Duvauchelle (White Material). The film will premiere in the U.S. at the upcoming 17th edition of Rendez-Vous with French Cinema, hosted by the Film Society of Lincoln Center and Unifrance. The acquisition was negotiated between Kino Lorber’s CEO Richard Lorber and Pathé International’s Executive VP, International Sales, Muriel Sauzay.
Kino Lorber Takes US Rights To EFM's 'The Well-Digger's Daughter'
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Dog's Purpose' Producer "Horrified" Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott Of Film
'A Dog's Purpose' Director Lasse Hallstrom & Voice Actor Josh Gad Upset Over "Disturbing" Video Of Terrified Dog
Latest Film News
- ‘Fun Mom Dinner’ Racks Up Near $5M In WW Deals As Momentum & Netflix Buy Sundance Film
- ‘The Founder’ Review: Michael Keaton Sizzles In Big Mac Biopic
- Hollywood Remembers “Brilliant”, “Hilarious” Miguel Ferrer
- Miguel Ferrer Dies: ‘NCIS: Los Angeles’ & ‘Crossing Jordan’ Star Was 61
- What’s Your Gut: Are The Oscars Headed For A “Hollywood Ending”?
- Brazilian Filmmaker Kleber Mendonca Filho Inks With ICM Partners