The Well-Digger’s Daughter is set for a June commercial run at New York’s Lincoln Plaza Cinemas and will expand to other major markets during the summer of 2012 via Kino Lorber. The film’s VOD and home video releases are set for later in the year. Screening in the European Film Market, the Daniel Auteuil directed film set in pre-WWII France is the story of Pascal Amoretti (Daniel Auteuil), a well digger who is forced to come to terms with his 18-year-old daughter’s early pregnancy. Well-Digger’s Daughter stars Auteuil (Caché) as well as Astrid Berges-Frisbey (Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides), Jean-Pierre Darroussin (Le Havre), Sabine Azéma (Private Fears in Public Places) and Nicolas Duvauchelle (White Material). The film will premiere in the U.S. at the upcoming 17th edition of Rendez-Vous with French Cinema, hosted by the Film Society of Lincoln Center and Unifrance. The acquisition was negotiated between Kino Lorber’s CEO Richard Lorber and Pathé International’s Executive VP, International Sales, Muriel Sauzay.
Kino Lorber Takes US Rights To EFM's 'The Well-Digger's Daughter'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Sam Mendes: “I Think It's Time For Somebody Else” To Direct Bond
- Dwayne Johnson Teases Furious Future With First In-Character Pic From ‘Fast 8’
- Jeff Bridges Infiltrates ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’
- ‘Equals’ Director Drake Doremus On Film’s Love Story, Locations & Audience Response
- ‘Warcraft’ Builds $16.3M Overseas War Chest Through Friday – Intl B.O. Update
- ‘Maze Runner: The Death Cure’ Release Moved To 2018 As Dylan O’Brien Recovers