The Well-Digger’s Daughter is set for a June commercial run at New York’s Lincoln Plaza Cinemas and will expand to other major markets during the summer of 2012 via Kino Lorber. The film’s VOD and home video releases are set for later in the year. Screening in the European Film Market, the Daniel Auteuil directed film set in pre-WWII France is the story of Pascal Amoretti (Daniel Auteuil), a well digger who is forced to come to terms with his 18-year-old daughter’s early pregnancy. Well-Digger’s Daughter stars Auteuil (Caché) as well as Astrid Berges-Frisbey (Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides), Jean-Pierre Darroussin (Le Havre), Sabine Azéma (Private Fears in Public Places) and Nicolas Duvauchelle (White Material). The film will premiere in the U.S. at the upcoming 17th edition of Rendez-Vous with French Cinema, hosted by the Film Society of Lincoln Center and Unifrance. The acquisition was negotiated between Kino Lorber’s CEO Richard Lorber and Pathé International’s Executive VP, International Sales, Muriel Sauzay.
Kino Lorber Takes US Rights To EFM's 'The Well-Digger's Daughter'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek Beyond' Takes $30M In Debut; 'Lights Out' Opens To $8.3M; 'Ice Age' Franchise Crosses $3B To Best 'Shrek' - International Box Office Sunday
Latest Film News
- Mike Birbiglia's 'Don't Think Twice' Tops $90K In Exclusive Run; 'Hillary's America' Grabs $3.7M: Specialty Box Office
- Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Santa Clarita Wildfire
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Launches To $59.6M, Third Best Debut In The Series – Sunday Update
- Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord’s Parents’ Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Trailer…
- Brie Larson (Finally) Confirmed As Captain Marvel – Comic-Con
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Disney Theme Park Ride Set For Summer 2017 – Comic-Con