Gossip Girl, Melrose Place and Supernatural alumna Katie Cassidy is back at the CW as the female lead in the network’s pilot Arrow. The Warner Bros TV-produced project, a modern retelling of the story of DC Comics character Green Arrow, stars Stephen Amell as the vigilante superhero who fights crime using archery, martial arts and technology under his secret identity as Oliver Queen, a wealthy playboy and billionaire industrialist-turned-outspoken politician in Star City. Cassidy will play Laurel, a young legal clinic attorney who shares a romantic past with Oliver. (In the comics, the character, Dinah “Laurel” Lance, has a superhero alter ego, Black Canary.) In Arrow, Cassidy joins Amell and Susanna Thompson, who was cast yesterday as Oliver’s mother, Moira Queen. David Nutter is directing the pilot, written/executive produced by Andrew Kreisberg, Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim. On the feature side, Cassidy, repped by CAA and Anonymous Content, was most recently seen in Monte Carlo.
Katie Cassidy Set As Female Lead In CW Pilot 'Arrow'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CNN Among Several Turner Networks Dropped By Dish In Carriage Dispute
- Resolution Agent Jennifer Good Goes To Paradigm
- Leslie Jones Named 'Saturday Night Live' Cast Member
- Rainn Wilson To Produce Comedy Starring Vine Favorites, Including Curtis Lepore & Jerry Purpdrank
- Wanda Sykes Signs With UTA
- Literary Manager Stephen Marks Exits Evolution For Rain Management Group