Gossip Girl, Melrose Place and Supernatural alumna Katie Cassidy is back at the CW as the female lead in the network’s pilot Arrow. The Warner Bros TV-produced project, a modern retelling of the story of DC Comics character Green Arrow, stars Stephen Amell as the vigilante superhero who fights crime using archery, martial arts and technology under his secret identity as Oliver Queen, a wealthy playboy and billionaire industrialist-turned-outspoken politician in Star City. Cassidy will play Laurel, a young legal clinic attorney who shares a romantic past with Oliver. (In the comics, the character, Dinah “Laurel” Lance, has a superhero alter ego, Black Canary.) In Arrow, Cassidy joins Amell and Susanna Thompson, who was cast yesterday as Oliver’s mother, Moira Queen. David Nutter is directing the pilot, written/executive produced by Andrew Kreisberg, Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim. On the feature side, Cassidy, repped by CAA and Anonymous Content, was most recently seen in Monte Carlo.
Katie Cassidy Set As Female Lead In CW Pilot 'Arrow'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘The Resident’: Manish Dayal To Star In Fox Drama Pilot
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorities
- Brad William Henke Joins CBS’ Jenny Lumet Drama Pilot; Emayatzy Corinealdi In ‘The Get’
- ‘Behind Enemy Lines’: Marg Helgenberger Cast In Fox Drama Pilot
- Ben Hardy, Jessie Buckley, Dougray Scott & Charles Dance Head To BBC’s ‘The Woman In White’ Remake
- Chazz Palminteri Joins CBS’ Comedy Pilot ‘Distefano’