Gossip Girl, Melrose Place and Supernatural alumna Katie Cassidy is back at the CW as the female lead in the network’s pilot Arrow. The Warner Bros TV-produced project, a modern retelling of the story of DC Comics character Green Arrow, stars Stephen Amell as the vigilante superhero who fights crime using archery, martial arts and technology under his secret identity as Oliver Queen, a wealthy playboy and billionaire industrialist-turned-outspoken politician in Star City. Cassidy will play Laurel, a young legal clinic attorney who shares a romantic past with Oliver. (In the comics, the character, Dinah “Laurel” Lance, has a superhero alter ego, Black Canary.) In Arrow, Cassidy joins Amell and Susanna Thompson, who was cast yesterday as Oliver’s mother, Moira Queen. David Nutter is directing the pilot, written/executive produced by Andrew Kreisberg, Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim. On the feature side, Cassidy, repped by CAA and Anonymous Content, was most recently seen in Monte Carlo.
Katie Cassidy Set As Female Lead In CW Pilot 'Arrow'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- ‘Lethal Weapon’ Pilot Ordered By Fox, Damon Wayans Starring, McG Directing
- Syfy Orders ‘Prototype’ Thriller Pilot
- Emily Kinney Joins ABC’s ‘Conviction’
- ‘Talking Saul’ To Follow ‘Better Call Saul’s Premiere And Season Finale On AMC
- ‘Scandal’ Ratings Return Down, ‘Shades Of Blue’ Even & ‘Big Bang Theory’ Up
- ‘Roadies’ Trailer: Cameron Crowe’s Showtime Series About Rock Laborers Gets June Premiere Date