Gossip Girl, Melrose Place and Supernatural alumna Katie Cassidy is back at the CW as the female lead in the network’s pilot Arrow. The Warner Bros TV-produced project, a modern retelling of the story of DC Comics character Green Arrow, stars Stephen Amell as the vigilante superhero who fights crime using archery, martial arts and technology under his secret identity as Oliver Queen, a wealthy playboy and billionaire industrialist-turned-outspoken politician in Star City. Cassidy will play Laurel, a young legal clinic attorney who shares a romantic past with Oliver. (In the comics, the character, Dinah “Laurel” Lance, has a superhero alter ego, Black Canary.) In Arrow, Cassidy joins Amell and Susanna Thompson, who was cast yesterday as Oliver’s mother, Moira Queen. David Nutter is directing the pilot, written/executive produced by Andrew Kreisberg, Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim. On the feature side, Cassidy, repped by CAA and Anonymous Content, was most recently seen in Monte Carlo.
Katie Cassidy Set As Female Lead In CW Pilot 'Arrow'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘SMILF’: Samara Weaving & Ismael Cruz Cordova Join Showtime Comedy Pilot
- TNT’s Kevin Reilly, Execs From Hulu & Sony TV Join Peabodys Advisory Board
- Howard Davies Dies; Helen Mirren Lauds Acclaimed British Theater Director
- Trevor Noah Dives Into Megyn Kelly Vs. Newt Gingrich Food Fight
- Suspect In Destruction Of Donald Trump’s Walk Of Fame Star Arrested By LAPD – Update
- Raven-Symoné Becomes Latest To Leave ‘The View’