Kal Penn has been tapped as the lead in ABC’s comedy pilot Prairie Dogs. The single-camera project, from writers/executive producers Jackie and Jeff Filgo and ABC Studios, centers on Neil (Penn), an uncool cubicle worker aka “prairie dog” at one of the coolest companies in the world who becomes the victim of identity theft. When he discovers the thief has created a much more fulfilling life with his identity than he ever has, he engages the charismatic conman to help him change his life. I hear that Penn’s casting in the pilot has a development deal behind it, meaning that ABC would develop another project for him should Prairie Dogs not make it to series. Harold & Kumar‘s Penn, who co-starred on Fox’s medical drama House before he left acting for a 2-year stint at the White House, had a development deal at NBC earlier this season. When the project he was attached to didn’t go, he received multiple offers for other pilots, settling on Prairie Dogs. Penn, repped by Gersh and manager Dan Spilo, has been recurring on hit CBS comedy How I Met Your Mother this season.
Kal Penn To Star In ABC's Comedy Pilot 'Prairie Dogs'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Expendables 4' Muscles Up: Sylvester Stallone Action Pic & 'Rambo 5' Sell To China In Eight-Figure Co-Fi Deal
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
Billboard Music Awards Ratings Hit Low, 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Finale Rises, NBA Up With Warriors' Win
Latest TV News
- New Hollywood Podcast: Will Yun Lee Talks ‘The Good Doctor’, The Challenges For Asian American Actors
- ‘Kidding’ Casts Bernard White; Bria Vinaite Joins ‘The OA’
- CBS Sets Summer Premiere Dates For ‘Big Brother’, ‘TKO’ & ‘Salvation’ Season 2
- ‘Roseanne’ Steals Spotlight As NBC, CBS Repeat Season Wins In Demo, Viewers
- Universal Television Alternative Studio Names Jason Steinberg Head Of Postproduction
- ‘The Sinner’: Elisha Henig Cast As Series Regular In Season 2 Of USA Network Series