K5 has taken on international sales for Groundswell Productions’ Very Good Girls starring Dakota Fanning, Elizabeth Olsen, Anton Yelchin and Peter Sarsgaard. Naomi Foner Gyllenhaal wrote the script and is making her feature directing debut with the project that starts shooting in New York in June. K5 will proffer the project at the European Film Market in Berlin this week. This is a revamped package: When the picture was originally announced at Cannes, it was to be financed by Ealing Metro International and Prescience. Herrick Entertainment is now financing. The original cast also included Dustin Hoffman and Sissy Spacek. I understand Hoffman may still be involved, while other cast is to be added. Fanning and Olsen play best friends determined to lose their virginity as a rite of passage into the adult world, but when they fall in love with the same boy, their relationship is tested. Norton Herrick and Lee Clay are producing alongside Michael London’s Groundswell. Hawk Koch and Gale Anne Hurd are executive producers. The deal was negotiated by Erica Motley, Carl Clifton and Daniel Baur for K5, Jonathan Fischer for Groundswell and Herrick for Herrick Entertainment.
K5 Picks Up 'Very Good Girls' With Dakota Fanning, Elizabeth Olsen, Anton Yelchin
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Latest Film News
- Costco Offers Combined One-Year MoviePass And Fandor Subscription For $89.99
- ‘Three Billboards,’ ‘Lady Bird,’ ‘Call Me By Your Name’ Lead Australian…
- Michael Apted To Get DGA Honorary Life Member Award
- Disney-Fox: What Are The International Implications?
- Franco Nero & Chris Brochu Enlist In Robert Port’s Thriller ‘Peace’
- What Does The Film Academy Have In Common With The Harper Valley PTA? We May Find Out.