EXCLUSIVE: CBS’s Sherlock Holmes reboot Elementary has solved its first big mystery — who will play the famous detective. Former Eli Stone star Jonny Lee Miller has been tapped as the lead of the project, a modern take on the cases of Sherlock Holmes who now lives in New York City. Robert Doherty wrote the script and is executive producing the CSB TV Studios pilot with Sarah Timberman and Carl Beverly. Michael Cuesta is on board to direct. Following his stint as the title character on the ABC drama series Eli Stone, British actor Miller did an arc on Dexter. He most recently starred in Danny Boyle’s stage version of Frankenstein in London, a role that earned him a best actor Evening Standard Theatre Award. He shared it with his co-lead Benedict Cumberbatch who coincidentally plays Holmes on BBC’s much lauded series Sherlock, a modern update of Arthur Conan Doyle’s classic set in London. Miller, repped by IFA and Independent Talent Group, will next be seen in Tim Burton’s Dark Shadows and Neil Jordan’s Byzantium.
Jonny Lee Miller To Play Sherlock Holmes In CBS Pilot 'Elementary'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Diana Ross To Receive American Music Award For Lifetime Achievement
- ‘House Of Cards’ Not Only TV Show Binged By Russian Trolls, Jordan Klepper Reveals
- Donald Trump: “I Have Proof” Dem Rep “Fabricated” His Words To Soldier’s Widow
- Critical Content Takes Stake In UK’s Renowned Films – Mipcom
- ‘Skam’: Facebook Watch Orders U.S. Version Of Norwegian Teen Hit – Mipcom
- Nielsen Adds Netflix Ratings, With NBCU, Disney-ABC, A+E And Five Other Content Players Onboard