Jon Voight and Elliott Gould have joined the cast of Showtime’s drama pilot Ray Donovan starring Liev Schreiber. Created and executive produced by Southland creator Ann Biderman, executive produced by Mark Gordon and Bryan Zuriff and to be directed by Allen Coulter, the Showtime-produced project takes a novelistic look at contemporary Los Angeles. A dark family drama with comedic undertones, the show centers on Ray (Schreiber), a professional “fixer” for LA’s rich and famous who can make anyone’s problems disappear, except the ones created by his own family. Oscar winner Voight, repped by CAA, will play Ray’s father Mickey Donovan, a newly freed ex-convict who heads to Los Angeles with suspicious intentions to reconnect with his estranged family. Oscar nominee Gould, repped by APA, will play the recurring role of Ezra Goodman, senior partner at a law firm who is Ray’s mentor and confidante, yet is showing signs of early dementia.
Jon Voight & Elliott Gould Join Showtime's 'Ray Donovan' Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Latest TV News
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Solid With Host Larry David
- Three Best GOP Debate Moments – From Ben Carson’s Kickoff Fumble To Candidate Contretemps
- Video – Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson Zoolander-ize Hillary, Bernie & Donald On ‘SNL’
- Video – Larry David’s Shticky Business Sorta Sparks ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Video – Bernie Sanders, Larry David Trade Bernie Sanders-isms on ‘Saturday Night Live’
- CNN: Ted Cruz Debate Accusations “Categorically False”