EXCLUSIVE: Jon Favreau has been tapped to direct Eric Kripke/JJ Abrams’ high-concept NBC drama pilot Revolution. The project, written by Supernatural creator Kripke, is being described as a high-octane action drama following a group of characters struggling to survive and reunite with loved ones in a world where all forms of energy have mysteriously ceased to exist. Abrams, Kripke and Bryan Burk are executive producing. This marks the first drama pilot directing gig for Favreau, who has helmed a few comedy pilots in the past, including that for the ABC series In Case Of Emergency starring David Arquette. In addition to Revolution, Favreau has Tweaked, a comedy pilot at CBS. The project, which Favreau wrote on spec and is attached to direct, was greenlighted in October but has not been cast yet and may shoot outside of the regular pilot season. CAA-repped Favreau’s recent feature directing credits include the two Iron Man movies and Cowboys & Aliens.
Jon Favreau To Direct J.J. Abrams/Eric Kripke NBC Pilot 'Revolution'
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
'Battle Creek' Review: Vince Gilligan's Old Script Witty Addition To CBS' Sunday, Says Dominic Patten
More From Andreeva
- Matthew Glave Cast In NBA Pilot, Gia Mantegna In ‘Cheerleader Death Squad’
- Kim Raver To Topline ABC Drama Pilot ‘The Advocate’
- Briga Heelan To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot ‘How We Live’
- Dave Annable & Melissa George Cast In NBC Pilot ‘Heart Matters’
- Daniel Stern To Star In ‘Strange Calls'; Colm Feore Joins ‘The Kingmakers’
- Patrick Warburton To Star In Suzanne Martin NBC Comedy Pilot