EXCLUSIVE: Jon Favreau has been tapped to direct Eric Kripke/JJ Abrams’ high-concept NBC drama pilot Revolution. The project, written by Supernatural creator Kripke, is being described as a high-octane action drama following a group of characters struggling to survive and reunite with loved ones in a world where all forms of energy have mysteriously ceased to exist. Abrams, Kripke and Bryan Burk are executive producing. This marks the first drama pilot directing gig for Favreau, who has helmed a few comedy pilots in the past, including that for the ABC series In Case Of Emergency starring David Arquette. In addition to Revolution, Favreau has Tweaked, a comedy pilot at CBS. The project, which Favreau wrote on spec and is attached to direct, was greenlighted in October but has not been cast yet and may shoot outside of the regular pilot season. CAA-repped Favreau’s recent feature directing credits include the two Iron Man movies and Cowboys & Aliens.
Jon Favreau To Direct J.J. Abrams/Eric Kripke NBC Pilot 'Revolution'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ‘Flesh & Blood’ Mystery Drama From Jenna Bans Gets ABC Pilot Order
- ‘Limitless’ Drama, Dan O’Shannon & Tad Quill Comedies Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Mehcad Brooks To Co-Star In ‘Supergirl’
- WME | IMG Acquires Boutique Agency Dixon Talent, Home Of Stephen Colbert, Carson Daly, Jimmy Kimmel & Jon Stewart
- ‘Strange Calls’ Paranormal Comedy Gets NBC Pilot Order
- Georgia King To Co-Star In HBO Comedy Series ‘Vice Principals’