John Stamos has closed a deal to star in the Fox comedy pilot Little Brother. The actor has been actively involved in tweaking the pilot with its writer, Everybody Loves Raymond alum Mike Royce, and director Shawn Levy. The project, ordered to pilot in September, cast actor-comedian T.J. Miller as one of the two leads in November but had been having difficulties casting the other lead until it approached Stamos. The single-camera comedy, from 20th TV, Marty Adelstein and Levy’s 21 Laps/Adelstein Prods and Hat Trick, is about a man (Stamos) who finds out that he has a half-brother (Miller) he never knew who also happens to be an ex-con. Stamos, who had been eyed for multiple pilots this season, starred in the Super Bowl commercial for Dannon Yogurt’s Oikos brand, which has generated a lot of buzz, landing on a number “best of” lists. He is with WME and Brillstein Entertainment.
John Stamos Set To Star In Fox Comedy Pilot 'Little Brother'
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Andreeva
- 'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
- Mark Gordon Co. To Adapt Novel 'Plus One', Revisit 'True Blue' For ABC
- Elizabeth Banks To Produce & Direct ABC Comedy From Caroline Williams
- Ex-NBA Star Baron Davis Gets Comedy About His Life Produced By Jake Johnson
- DirecTV Picks Up 'Downton Abbey' Parody Series 'The Britishes' From Electus Digital
- 'Phantom Of The Opera' Drama Set At ABC With Marc Cherry Producing