John Stamos has closed a deal to star in the Fox comedy pilot Little Brother. The actor has been actively involved in tweaking the pilot with its writer, Everybody Loves Raymond alum Mike Royce, and director Shawn Levy. The project, ordered to pilot in September, cast actor-comedian T.J. Miller as one of the two leads in November but had been having difficulties casting the other lead until it approached Stamos. The single-camera comedy, from 20th TV, Marty Adelstein and Levy’s 21 Laps/Adelstein Prods and Hat Trick, is about a man (Stamos) who finds out that he has a half-brother (Miller) he never knew who also happens to be an ex-con. Stamos, who had been eyed for multiple pilots this season, starred in the Super Bowl commercial for Dannon Yogurt’s Oikos brand, which has generated a lot of buzz, landing on a number “best of” lists. He is with WME and Brillstein Entertainment.
John Stamos Set To Star In Fox Comedy Pilot 'Little Brother'
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Rules Soft Super Bowl Weekend; Auds Give $11M & Thumb Down 'Caesar' - Saturday AM Update
Paramount Lands 'Conquest'; Plan To Re-Team 'The Revenant's Leonardo DiCaprio And Scribe Mark L. Smith
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Latest TV News
- CNN: Ted Cruz Debate Accusations “Categorically False”
- Bernie Sanders, Larry David Trade Bernie Sanders Barbs on ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Annie Awards Livestream & Winners List
- DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For ‘The Revenant’; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For ‘Game Of Thrones’…
- Deadline’s DGA Awards Live Blog
- GOP Debate Live Blog: Return Of The Donald & Do Or Die For Some