John Stamos has closed a deal to star in the Fox comedy pilot Little Brother. The actor has been actively involved in tweaking the pilot with its writer, Everybody Loves Raymond alum Mike Royce, and director Shawn Levy. The project, ordered to pilot in September, cast actor-comedian T.J. Miller as one of the two leads in November but had been having difficulties casting the other lead until it approached Stamos. The single-camera comedy, from 20th TV, Marty Adelstein and Levy’s 21 Laps/Adelstein Prods and Hat Trick, is about a man (Stamos) who finds out that he has a half-brother (Miller) he never knew who also happens to be an ex-con. Stamos, who had been eyed for multiple pilots this season, starred in the Super Bowl commercial for Dannon Yogurt’s Oikos brand, which has generated a lot of buzz, landing on a number “best of” lists. He is with WME and Brillstein Entertainment.
John Stamos Set To Star In Fox Comedy Pilot 'Little Brother'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment…
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2
- ‘SNL’: Trump Boys Inherit Dad-Free Spot With “Juilliard Massage” Of “RickiLakes”
- ‘Stranger Things’: Duffer Brothers And Cast Reflect On Season 2, Keep Tight-Lipped On Season 3
- ‘Parks & Rec’ Mike Schur Says “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey”; ‘Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets…
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations