John Stamos has closed a deal to star in the Fox comedy pilot Little Brother. The actor has been actively involved in tweaking the pilot with its writer, Everybody Loves Raymond alum Mike Royce, and director Shawn Levy. The project, ordered to pilot in September, cast actor-comedian T.J. Miller as one of the two leads in November but had been having difficulties casting the other lead until it approached Stamos. The single-camera comedy, from 20th TV, Marty Adelstein and Levy’s 21 Laps/Adelstein Prods and Hat Trick, is about a man (Stamos) who finds out that he has a half-brother (Miller) he never knew who also happens to be an ex-con. Stamos, who had been eyed for multiple pilots this season, starred in the Super Bowl commercial for Dannon Yogurt’s Oikos brand, which has generated a lot of buzz, landing on a number “best of” lists. He is with WME and Brillstein Entertainment.
John Stamos Set To Star In Fox Comedy Pilot 'Little Brother'
What's Hot on Deadline
Looking Under 'Logan Lucky's Hood As 'Hitman's Bodyguard' Stands Tall With $21M Opening - Saturday AM Update
'This Is Us': Creator Dan Fogelman & Cast Tease Even More Details About Season 2 - Deadline Emmy Panel
Donald Trump Spotlights "Many Anti-Police Agitators" In Largely Peaceful Boston; Police Confirm Rocks Thrown
FX Acquires 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', 'Logan', 'Girls Trip', 'Despicable Me 3', 'War For The Planet of the Apes' & More Movies
Latest TV News
- Anthony Scaramucci Signs With Hollywood PR Firm — Report
- Boston Police Commissioner Praises “99.9 Percent” Of Protesters; Donald Trump Says Protest Helps “Heal”
- Donald Trump Spotlights “Many Anti-Police Agitators” In Largely Peaceful Boston; Police Confirm Rocks Thrown
- ‘SNL’ Production Designer Eugene Lee On The Series’ “Unpresidented” Year
- Boston Rally “Officially Over”, Capping Day Of Cable News Attention
- Emmy Predictions: Outstanding Comedy Series