John Stamos has closed a deal to star in the Fox comedy pilot Little Brother. The actor has been actively involved in tweaking the pilot with its writer, Everybody Loves Raymond alum Mike Royce, and director Shawn Levy. The project, ordered to pilot in September, cast actor-comedian T.J. Miller as one of the two leads in November but had been having difficulties casting the other lead until it approached Stamos. The single-camera comedy, from 20th TV, Marty Adelstein and Levy’s 21 Laps/Adelstein Prods and Hat Trick, is about a man (Stamos) who finds out that he has a half-brother (Miller) he never knew who also happens to be an ex-con. Stamos, who had been eyed for multiple pilots this season, starred in the Super Bowl commercial for Dannon Yogurt’s Oikos brand, which has generated a lot of buzz, landing on a number “best of” lists. He is with WME and Brillstein Entertainment.
John Stamos Set To Star In Fox Comedy Pilot 'Little Brother'
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes Winners: 'Shoplifters' Takes Palme D'Or; Spike Lee's 'BlacKkKlansman' Is Grand Prize - Full List
'Deadpool 2' Sets Fox Record With $176M Overseas Bow; 'Avengers: Infinity War' Tops $1.81B WW - International Box Office
Royal Wedding: Prince Harry Tells Meghan Markle She "Looks Amazing", Bishop Curry's Speech And Other Unforgettable Moments
Latest TV News
- John Oliver: John Bolton May Be Next Scaramucci After North Korea Blunder
- Mario Batali Under Criminal Investigation By NYPD For Sexual Assault Allegations
- Billboard Music Awards Complete Winners List: Janet Jackson Honored With Icon Award, Ed Sheeran Takes Top Artist
- ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’s Dan Goor On Cancellation-Renewal Saga; Season Finale That Could Have Been A Series Finale
- ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ Season Finale Says Farewell To Fox With Jake & Amy’s “Bomb” Wedding
- Kelly Clarkson Addresses Santa Fe Shooting At Billboard Music Awards, Urges “Moment Of Change”